Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elliott Garage apps are getting updated to AU

Comments

• @ElliottGarage I don’t know if this has been answered yet: time signatures other than 4/4?

• edited August 2019

+1
    Perhaps by allowing the user to customise the number of columns in the grid???

• @TimRussell @tiantong you can set the pattern length to obtain that

• Sequencer zoom and automation on pitch and volume

• I'm not sure if it was asked, but will this have midi out? and midi cc support?

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @TimRussell @tiantong you can set the pattern length to obtain that

👍

• @ElliottGarage said:
    Sequencer zoom and automation on pitch and volume

Probability will be nice..

• Working on automation view

• @ElliottGarage said:
    Working on automation view

Looking sweet, at least for the pitch parameter add a 'snap to semitone' option if it's not already there?

A 'value readout' when changing the step value could be handy and maybe even an option to vertically zoom the current parameter to full height for super precise value editing :)

It's looking really nice already!

• Is there any per pad sound shaping in this?

• Basic pattern creation. Mixer view almost done and pattern length and swing can be saved into pattern state

• @ElliottGarage said:
    Basic pattern creation. Mixer view almost done and pattern length and swing can be saved into pattern state

I’m getting really stoked on this. Is it all sample based? Also do you know what the download size the app will be around when ready to launch? This is looking really cool so far, I’m going to grab one of your drum machines now in anticipation for this

• Will your other drum machines be incorporated in this app? Or will they be supplanted by it?

• @JackDwyerburger, yes sample based and it will allow to load your own samples too. I still don't know the app size, I will start to think about the drumkit included in the next days. Thanks for the support.

@ExAsperis99 the other app machines are a totally different story, 'cause they are a sort of emulation also in the workflow. Here I designed a touch and iOS device friendly workflow.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug at the moment you can use swing...I may think about such development anyway, it's kinda interesting

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ElliottGarage
    How will this new app differ from the current EG drum apps?
    Tempted to get the bundle but have a feeling ‘EG Drummer’ will make them redundant once it come out.

• @TimRussell as previously said the other app machines are a totally different story, cause they are a sort of emulation also in the workflow. Here I designed a touch and iOS device friendly workflow.
    Moreover they have some particular features related to the specific vintage machine, like the snap, the tom tuning etc...I tried to emulate the original machines the best I can, in the sound, the design and the workflow :)

• Looks fantastic. And because I am lazy and don’t want to wade back through the thread: This new app is AUv3?

• @ElliottGarage thanks
    So are the actual drum sounds in the new app different to those in the 808, 909 etc?

• @TimRussell I still don't know what sounds I will include in the new app....

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @TimRussell I still don't know what sounds I will include in the new app....

I'd say mix and match from classics from 80s & 90s.

I like what Patterning 2 does. It's minimal download and kits can be loaded on demand when needed.
    Users can also easily upload and share user kits.

• thanks @Samu, I'll take a look at it.
    I'm currently working on an 'off-grid' humanize functionalities as some of you requested :)

• @ElliottGarage said:
    thanks @Samu, I'll take a look at it.
    I'm currently working on an 'off-grid' humanize functionalities as some of you requested :)

@ElliottGarage said:
    thanks @Samu, I'll take a look at it.

The TR-626 could be a good 80s all-rounder...

'off-grid', sounds like '+/- time shift per step' :)

• The TR-626 could be a good 80s all-rounder...

'off-grid', sounds like '+/- time shift per step' :)

Exactly ;)

• @ElliottGarage , any eta on this project yet ?

• @gsm909 said:
    @ElliottGarage , any eta on this project yet ?

Hope to start the test phase in 1-2 weeks and then it everything's ok to release it anytime during the first 2 weeks of September

• @ElliottGarage said:

@gsm909 said:
    @ElliottGarage , any eta on this project yet ?

Hope to start the test phase in 1-2 weeks and then it everything's ok to release it anytime during the first 2 weeks of September

Can samples be tuned? panned?