Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• @Samu said:

@kinkujin said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Anyone know where the ignore user button is on here?

Honest question - Is there one?

Yes, tap on the user name (grey background) and then there's a blue arrow next to message where you can choose ignore...

Thanks very much @Samu

• @echoopera : how dare you demonstrate that Gadget is good fun!

• Thats terrific.

• Very nice!

@echoopera said:
    I’m just going to leave this here and say how much fun it is with Korg Gadget:

Just testing the setup before a nicer walk thru:
    https://youtu.be/xM9cDWjS-z4

@echoopera said:
    I’m just going to leave this here and say how much fun it is with Korg Gadget:

Just testing the setup before a nicer walk thru:
    https://youtu.be/xM9cDWjS-z4

• What’s the best way to get the same sound on a preset in KEW to sound as good in Gadget?

• edited August 2019

I was finally able to Remote Install the Memphis Gadget on my iPhone.

A slight shake of the head and finger-wag to the person who said the iMS-20 must be running on the iPad at the same time as Gadget 2. That was exactly what was preventing the connection from happening. :o All I had to do was kill iMS-20 and then the Remote Install happened.

Next step is to learn how to transfer iMS-20 patches from iPad to Memphis on iPhone

• edited August 2019

Gadget is ok, to start projects...I definitely like it much more with KEW!
    I’ll never like the sequencer for any real production, nor do I like the audio tracks

If Gadget also featured a linear style sequencing workflow, it would be my 2nd biggest wish...besides some more propellerheads gadgets and recycle for iPad.

My first biggest wish is #4 where gadgets are available as audio units for use in other seqencers like on pc/Mac!

• @MrSmileZ said:
    I’ll never like the sequencer for any real production, nor do I like the audio tracks

I know several producers who have released serious productions using Gadget and mixing in Auria. The problem is not producing, it’s the mixing side of it since there’s no Parametric EQ.

If Gadget also featured a linear style sequencing workflow, it would be my 2nd biggest wish...besides some more propellerheads gadgets and recycle for iPad.

Linear ain’t happening.
    Recycle iOS ain’t happening.

My first biggest wish is #4 where gadgets are available as audio units for use in other seqencers like on pc/Mac!

Huh? I thought Gadget collection could be used inside Logic, Able, etc?

• 1> @MrSmileZ said:

If Gadget also featured a linear style sequencing workflow, it would be my 2nd biggest wish

My wish would be the complete opposite: Ableton-style clip launching. Would be a perfect fit for the spirit of the app I think.

For a linear workflow with Gadget, Xequence 2 fits the bill nicely.

• If KORG would just make all gadgets, including gadgetized versions of stand alone apps, available as AUv3 (like they are on MacOS) anyone looking for a linear DAW could then use one of the other options available on iOS = best of both worlds.

• edited August 2019

I’m very fortunate to have chosen Ableton, gadget experiments are Live projects. 2 taps!

• @peter321 interesting idea. Surprised no one else has thought of or mentioned it yet.

• @Peter321 said:
    If KORG would just make all gadgets, including gadgetized versions of stand alone apps, available as AUv3 (like they are on MacOS) anyone looking for a linear DAW could then use one of the other options available on iOS = best of both worlds.

+1 and start with the standalones!

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    @peter321 interesting idea. Surprised no one else has thought of or mentioned it yet.

Maybe I’m not clear but isn’t Peter asking for AUv3 support on iOS so Gadgets could be loaded in BM3 and Cubasis?

• @caspergomez said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    @peter321 interesting idea. Surprised no one else has thought of or mentioned it yet.

Maybe I’m not clear but isn’t Peter asking for AUv3 support on iOS so Gadgets could be loaded in BM3 and Cubasis?

Yes I am, and I’m sure it’s been mentioned before 🤫

It would make sense since that how it works on MacOS, and with IAA deprecated it’s the way forward eventually.

• Yup. Agree. In BM3, I think I could open ODYSSEi and 1 or 2 others. Can’t recall at the moment. But, I’m not sure they’d do that from a business perspective unless they charge individually for in the box Gadgets that are not currently standalone.

With the current Collection for Mac/PC, you have to pay like $200 for the entire bundle right?

If they do covert all non-AU gadgets to make them work in other iOS daws, do you feel we should have to repay (for let’s say BILBAO) to use it in BM3 or Cubasis?

I don’t know where I stand on it really, but I don’t think Korg would want to see users stray from iOS KG2 by AU-ifying all existing Gadgets since they’d want to keep us dependent on the KG2 ecosystem, on iOS specifically.

Remember, MAC/PC is different. Korg entered “their world” so they had to accommodate Ableton and Logic users by offering the collection as a plugin bundle option. On iOS, Korg feels they’ve got the big ecosystem and so they call the shots.

• I got lost somewhere in this thread...

• @DMfan said:

@Peter321 said:
    If KORG would just make all gadgets, including gadgetized versions of stand alone apps, available as AUv3 (like they are on MacOS) anyone looking for a linear DAW could then use one of the other options available on iOS = best of both worlds.

They’ll have to if they want to keep selling them in a post-IAA market.

• @Shabudua said:

@DMfan said:

@Peter321 said:

They’ll have to if they want to keep selling them in a post-IAA market.

Why would they have to? They could just keep doing what they’re doing and limit sales.

• I can no longer tell what posts are sarcastic or ironic or naive or subtle or obvious.

• This thread could be a blockbuster movie if we all chipped in a few dollars to cover costs.

Set in Tokyo, loosely based on die hard.

• I’m completely serious. Shabudua said they have to if they wanna keep up and I’m saying they don’t have to do anything. They could continue to Gadgetize hardware devices and leave it at that.

• @caspergomez said:
    I’m completely serious. Shabudua said they have to if they wanna keep up and I’m saying they don’t have to do anything. They could continue to Gadgetize hardware devices and leave it at that.

They won’t.

Time will tell. I’m guessing <1 year for AU since we’re speculating. Again.

• Hope for the best. I started using Garage band on my Mac. Didn’t even consider it until someone told me it’s a stripped down version of Logic but very capable. And he was right. Probably going to grab Logic any day for the dirt cheap $200 price tag.

• @caspergomez said:
    Hope for the best. I started using Garage band on my Mac. Didn’t even consider it until someone told me it’s a stripped down version of Logic but very capable. And he was right. Probably going to grab Logic any day for the dirt cheap $200 price tag.

Do it man, best deal in music software history.

• LoL exactly. I need to get back to my days of Digital Performer but Logic this time around. Back in the late 90’s I couldn’t stand Logic so I was always left with a negative impression and swore by DP. But now after playing with GB I’m ready for Logic with an open mind. And I’m ready to grab some Xils Lab toys as well lol

• @AtticusL said:

@caspergomez said:
    Hope for the best. I started using Garage band on my Mac. Didn’t even consider it until someone told me it’s a stripped down version of Logic but very capable. And he was right. Probably going to grab Logic any day for the dirt cheap $200 price tag.

Do it man, best deal in music software history.

Any immediate why Logic as opposed to Abelton, Reason etc etc?

• @caspergomez said:

@MrSmileZ said:

I know several producers who have released serious productions using Gadget and mixing in Auria. The problem is not producing, it’s the mixing side of it since there’s no Parametric EQ.

That’s what I meant by “good to start projects” ...so you are agreeing then?

Linear ain’t happening.
    Recycle iOS ain’t happening.

Do you work for Korg or Propellerheads...cuz that’s an answer they would need to give.

Huh? I thought Gadget collection could be used inside Logic, Able, etc?

Only on Mac and pc....iOS restricts gadgets to gadget...no audio units

• @busker said:
    1> @MrSmileZ said:

If Gadget also featured a linear style sequencing workflow, it would be my 2nd biggest wish

My wish would be the complete opposite: Ableton-style clip launching. Would be a perfect fit for the spirit of the app I think.

For a linear workflow with Gadget, Xequence 2 fits the bill nicely.

I don’t use xequence, and find it bizarre to use a different sequencer for a sequencing app. Not knocking it, just not doing it. If the gadgets become auv3s on iOS, I will just sequence them from beatmaker3...if not I may move that way and remove gadget shortly

• I’ve sat down with an Ableton user. Couldn’t stand the look of it and just made me feel it was inferior in terms of quality even if it’s not the case. I cannot stand the concept of clips and simply need a traditional timeline... and even though some people do use Ableton’s traditional linear timeline by itself, the constant talk about this need for “clips” along with my negative impression of its cheesy look collectively put an irreversible bad taste in my mouth.

Logic is HQ, visually, and WAV editor is top notch, overall very robust production suite with great sounding stock sounds and once I add some specific plugins and import all my Gadget stems I’ll be back in business.