Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Borderlands Granular - should there be Bluetooth output?

I’m a Logic X user completely new to IOS music-making, and currently immersing myself in various apps (fluXpad, Samplr, ElasticDrums, Sunrizer) which all play through Bluetooth seamlessly - but apparently not Borderlands Granular. Been faffing about trying to troubleshoot this - or find any mention of it anywhere in the support info - but there doesn’t seem to be any - so I’m assuming it’s something I haven’t done / or have missed. Excuse my inexperience! Your support and experience much appreciated!

Comments

• Do you mean audio? Bluetooth audio isn't desirable for most producers because of the amount of latency from the current standard.

• edited August 2019

@Calverhall said:
    Do you mean audio? Bluetooth audio isn't desirable for most producers because of the amount of latency from the current standard.

That's very true, but I think the nature of Borderlands Granular and how it can be played kinda makes some of the most sense in regards to a music app that would actually be OK through Bluetooth as a user experience.

• Yes, audio.
    Just to be able to hear stuff without a lead or headphones, whilst I’m exploring it!
    The other apps I mentioned all seem to allow their audio to be routed out through the iPad if a Bluetooth connection is being used. It’s just handy - not essential - and I’m probably missing something.

• edited August 2019

IDAM -forget the tooth

• What’s IDAM?!?

• edited August 2019

@pixeldom said:
    What’s IDAM?!?

Thats a lightning cable (or I guess usb on newer ipads) into a Mac for audio and midi so maybe not what you want from the sounds of it (?) but good to know about since you are a Mac user.

• @pixeldom said:
    Yes, audio.
    Just to be able to hear stuff without a lead or headphones, whilst I’m exploring it!
    The other apps I mentioned all seem to allow their audio to be routed out through the iPad if a Bluetooth connection is being used. It’s just handy - not essential - and I’m probably missing something.

Bluetooth audio (not MIDI) has a fairly significant unavoidable delay and many audio apps don't allow Bluetooth audio output for that reason. You might be able to get around that using AUM or AudioBus or something (though I'm not sure).

The delay is because Bluetooth audio uses audio compression that is generally slower than realtime on the encoding side and sometimes the decoding side, too.

• iPhone version out yet?

• @DaveMagoo said:
    iPhone version out yet?

Dev said that universal release would happen after the next update is out the door.

• @espiegel123 said:

@pixeldom said:
    Yes, audio.

Bluetooth audio (not MIDI) has a fairly significant unavoidable delay and many audio apps don't allow Bluetooth audio output for that reason. You might be able to get around that using AUM or AudioBus or something (though I'm not sure).

The delay is because Bluetooth audio uses audio compression that is generally slower than realtime on the encoding side and sometimes the decoding side, too.

AUM can output via Bluetooth. I used this feature a couple of days ago.

• Thanks for your advice today. Appreciated.