Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How much data does Ableton Link use (seeking advice)

I want to sync 2 iPads to make music in a forest, does anyone know how to sync two devices without using cell phone data?

Comments

• One way is to create a standalone WiFi network using a “travel router”. I use this tiny little thing if I can provide power from a plug or battery bank: HooToo TripMate Nano. Or this one if I don’t mind the extra weight and bulk because it has a battery (and can power your devices too): RavPower FileHub Plus.

• You can also connect them via Bluetooth, which is better, but you need MIDI clock sync rather than Link. Do you have Audiobus or AUM? They both make connecting easy. There are other solutions such as Apollo Midi and midimittr, but I always like going direct when I can.

• A mobile hotspot will not consume mobile data as long as you're communicating from iDevice to iDevice over WiFi.

• edited August 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @wim said:
    You can also connect them via Bluetooth, which is better, but you need MIDI clock sync rather than Link. Do you have Audiobus or AUM? They both make connecting easy. There are other solutions such as Apollo Midi and midimittr, but I always like going direct when I can.

I have apollo midi and midimitter, bluetooth! midi sync, yes! thanks!

• The simplest way is to just enable "Personal Hotspot" on one of the devices, which will turn it into a regular Wi-Fi access point, then connect to that network from the other device. Of course, no data is used because the routing is purely between those two devices.