Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Guitar Rack for iOS by TC Helion

Comments

• Seems like you need TC (or other?) harware to unlock most of the amp & pedal models. What’s available sounds reasonable but not sure i want to pick up more hardware to access new software. Incidentally, theres a settings screen saying Guitar Rack’s models were developed by Audified...plugin boutique currently has a deal where audified’s inValve preamp vst (preamp, eq and comp modules) is going for $5 and you get izotope’s iris 2 as a freebie (both desktop).

• Do I even have to say it? :(

• AUv3 ? IAA? Questions, very important questions...

• Yes for IAA & AU in cubasis

• It’s not actually clear what you have to buy to unlock it.

• edited August 2019

You have to buy an unspecified TC hardware ... I don't know which one. The free app offers only 1 amp and cab plus 3 or 4 effects. However it is AUv3...

• The standalone also lets you load a loop from files app or iTunes music to jam along to.

• By now I can’t try it. How it sounds? Anyone?

• The app developers were faster than the TC web site designers, let's wait for them to finish their coffee :D

• It’s always funny to see new audio apps sold without examples how they sound and what you can do with it.
    I love a nice GUI though :)

• edited August 2019

We can't deactivate the speaker+ i already have an apogee jam and an apogee quartet,so i won't buy another connector just to use this app.
    Pass.
    That being said,i would have been really curious to check it.
    Flo

• edited August 2019

For a free AU effects processor you can’t complain. Now if a Looper Pedal was available this would definely have my interest being AU3.

• Yeah! The digital Ditto 4x would be cool.
    I am having a hard time to think about ways to verify tc helicon hardware to unlock stomps or amps and stuff. How does this work. Bluetooth would be one option... but I would guess most of the pedals out there don’t have Bluetooth at all. So it’s CCK and Midi Usb cable?

@Jumpercollins said:
    For a free AU effects processor you can’t complain. Now if a Looper Pedal was available this would definely have my interest being AU3.

• I successfully activate Guitar Rack’ using my TC voicelive3 extreme.

• That’s cool once activated it still work when using another soundcard.

• Cool. My father has a TC VL3 I may should try this next time he is around ;)
    What did you get with it?

@Jeezs said:
    That’s cool once activated it still work when using another soundcard.

• @Jeezs said:
    I successfully activate Guitar Rack’ using my TC voicelive3 extreme.

How?

• edited August 2019

I connect the VoiceLive to the iPad thru the Camera connection kit to the usb, then go to the lock effect, and after 3 unsuccessful try, a pop up tell me I’ve registered the app then all devices have been unlocked

• Apps like these should also offer regular IAP as an option...
    Just like with Yamaha's FM Essentials.app what happens when the hardware is no longer sold?

• @Jeezs said:
    I successfully activate Guitar Rack’ using my TC voicelive3 extreme.

Can you tell me how you did that? @Jeezs .

• @mgmg4871 here’s how 👊🏼😁

@Jeezs said:
    I connect the VoiceLive to the iPad thru the Camera connection kit to the usb, then go to the lock effect, and after 3 unsuccessful try, a pop up tell me I’ve registered the app then all devices have been unlocked

• @david_2017 said:
    @mgmg4871 here’s how 👊🏼😁

@Jeezs said:

Many thanks @Jeezs

• edited August 2019

The lack of instructions is not inspiring. The TC Helicon effects are very good though, as they are mostly the same as the TC electronics stuff (Not to say that's the case here). The amp models might not be great though.

• edited August 2019

Voicelive touch2 did the trick as well though I never saw a pop up.

• Harmony G-XT also worked. But regarding AUv3, this is only showing up as IAA in AUM. Anyone else having this issue?

• edited August 2019

Figured it out. On iPhone this is only IAA it seems. Just unlocked on my iPad and it is AUv3. That’s a new and interesting tactic - I can see why some may want to do this with screen size etc. Doesnt mean I’m not bummed out though with the iPhone.

• Not unlocking for me with Voicelive extreme.