Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Eventide UltraTap Demo | TheAudioDabbler

Comments

• Good video. It's been a while since I've watched, but your production values shot through the roof.

That said, I can't find much to love with the UltraTap compared to their other 2 releases. It sounds fantastic but it ends up being extremely niche for a delay (to me at least).

• @gmslayton said:

Nice video, thanks.

@oat_phipps said:

That said, I can't find much to love with the UltraTap compared to their other 2 releases. It sounds fantastic but it ends up being extremely niche for a delay (to me at least).

Interesting. I'm counting on a birthday voucher in a week's time, and I'd put this on my list along with their reverb to satisfy my inner Robin Guthrie. I was thinking I might cheat and get this on its own, and use the 'slurm' as a reverb substitute, but I'm guessing there's a bit more going on with the Blackhole thing.

I've been trying to get that Cocteau Twins guitar sound for years - the Blackhole definitely has some of that, and thought this one might add a bit more Guthrie to the mix...maybe not. Good to hear different opinions on it.

• @oat_phipps It can have its niche moments but I think the beast can be tamed. When it is put together with Blackhole, it becomes something pretty special. Then add Micropitch for some fattness and boom.

@MonzoPro thanks. and yes there is way more going on with Blackhole.

• @gmslayton thank you for this. Very thorough and enjoyed seeing you enjoying the app!

• Excellent video. Thanks @gmslayton.

• Sold! Fantastic video Mitch! 👍 I've watched a lot of other Ultratap vids but it was THIS ONE that got me excited and finally pushed me off the fence.. you did a great job of covering the details needed to unleash the FUN of this app.. Dude, when you started vocalizing around 8:34 and again at 17:12.. you're groovin' to the crazy rhythms and jamming along with them.. that was too cool! The excitement being captured by the app and the camera.. Awesome take.. Your glitchy1 preset should be included with every download.

I was going to start using this with guitar + drums (complete beats + single hits), but I'll be hooking up a mic and capturing anything + everything that makes an interesting noise.. @gmslayton thanks for the extra ideas, which now seem to be at the top of the list of things to try with this app.

The other Eventide apps can wait.. I'll be too busy having fun with this one! 😀

• @royor Thank you for those kind words. It is a really fun app. Maybe i will contact Eventide to see if I can get a few of my presets added to the app under Artist Presets.

@lukesleepwalker Thanks man.

@mjcouche I wasn't hard to enjoy this app. I am starting to come out of my shell a little more in my videos.

• @gmslayton said:
    @oat_phipps It can have its niche moments but I think the beast can be tamed. When it is put together with Blackhole, it becomes something pretty special. Then add Micropitch for some fattness and boom.

@MonzoPro thanks. and yes there is way more going on with Blackhole.

Yeah I could imagine this and Blackhole would be an amzing combination - £35 though might be a bit rich for my kidneys. Probably just plump for Blackhole.

• Awesome demo Mitch.

• edited August 2019

@MonzoPro said:

@gmslayton said:

Nice video, thanks.

@oat_phipps said:

Interesting. I'm counting on a birthday voucher in a week's time, and I'd put this on my list along with their reverb to satisfy my inner Robin Guthrie. I was thinking I might cheat and get this on its own, and use the 'slurm' as a reverb substitute, but I'm guessing there's a bit more going on with the Blackhole thing.

I've been trying to get that Cocteau Twins guitar sound for years - the Blackhole definitely has some of that, and thought this one might add a bit more Guthrie to the mix...maybe not. Good to hear different opinions on it.

Eventide is the fifth beatle in the Cocteau Twins, had been on a similar quest for that sound which is now over!

MicroPitch + UltraTap should get you there

• Excellent video @gmslayton
    Very comprehensive walkthrough!

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@MonzoPro said:

@gmslayton said:

Nice video, thanks.

@oat_phipps said:

Eventide is the fifth beatle in the Cocteau Twins, had been on a similar quest for that sound which is now over!

Ah right. I'm very happy with the Soundbooster reverb, maybe I need the Eventide's to give it more Guthrie.

• @MonzoPro said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

@MonzoPro said:

@gmslayton said:

Nice video, thanks.

@oat_phipps said:

Ah right. I'm very happy with the Soundbooster reverb, maybe I need the Eventide's to give it more Guthrie.

Since I know you use the desktop also, there’s a 30 day unrestricted demo of the full Anthology XI bundle on Eventide website.