Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What apps will export Scala scales?

Comments

• edited August 2019

From what I understand the Monologue takes MIDI Tuning Standard, so you would need something to convert Scala files.

Unfortunately, I haven't explored this side of the Monologue very much, so I am unclear as to whether you have to send the tuning as realtime MTS messages or send it via MTS dump file.

Last time I checked the manual, it said this at the bottom of the MIDI implementation chart:

"Consult your local Korg distributor for more information on MIDI implementation".

• edited August 2019

The librarian software handles this easily apparently, converts scala to a Korg friendly file. I have yet to try but would like to make some crazy microtuning on iPad first!

Edit: Autocorrect had me searching for Scalia on here!
    Just found Wilsonic, that sounds like the best option?

• edited August 2019

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    The librarian software handles this easily apparently, have yet to try but would like to make some crazy microtuning on iPad first!

Wilsonic can export Scala files but there's no mention of conversion to MTS messages or MTS tuning dump file, which is what the Monologue wants to see.

iPad to Monologue realtime MTS sounds awesome in theory - change the tuning on the fly with a sequencer or other MIDI controller! But I doubt anyone's coded an app that can do that yet. Then again I haven't search the Mozaic patchstorage site or the Streambyter equivalent.

• I guess this could be used for Scala to MTS conversion.

http://www.microtonalsoftware.com/scl-scala-to-mts-converter.html

• edited August 2019

@GovernorSilver said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    The librarian software handles this easily apparently, have yet to try but would like to make some crazy microtuning on iPad first!

Wilsonic can export Scala files but there's no mention of conversion to MTS messages or MTS tuning dump file, which is what the Monologue wants to see.

iPad to Monologue realtime MTS sounds awesome in theory - change the tuning on the fly with a sequencer or other MIDI controller! But I doubt anyone's coded an app that can do that yet. Then again I haven't search the Mozaic patchstorage site or the Streambyter equivalent.

Don't need realtime, there's storage for a few user scales in that little monster!
    Would recommend people not to sleep on this synth, seriously hurt my ribs a few weeks ago. Not a joke 🤦‍♂️

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

Don't need realtime, there's storage for a few user scales in that little monster!
    Would recommend people not to sleep on this synth, seriously hurt my ribs a few weeks ago. Not a joke 🤦‍♂️

Well played.

Goes to show you I need to get better acquainted w/ the editor/librarian for my Monologue.

I don't need realtime either but imagine how awesome it would be to have the sequencer play the Monologue in a maqam (Arabic tuning) then switch to a Balinese tuning for the next section of the song, just by sending the MTS message to Monolgue.

• The sequencer is a beauty, wasn’t expecting it to work with iOS but plugged it in just in case and Model D joined the band immediately!

• Apparently Audiokit D1, Synth One, and Wilsonic (forgot it's also built on Audiokit) can share Scala file between themselves because of Audiokit Tuneup.

https://audiokitpro.com/tuneup/

The "fast switch" feature of Tuneup sounds like MIDI Tuning Standard in realtime mode. How else can you tap the Tuneup button in one synth and have it immediately switch to the tuning of the other synth?

• edited August 2019

I've been enjoying the microtuning a lot in Synth One, that's going to be fun with D1.
    Thanks for the info, definitely getting Wilsonic asap!

Edit: Went to check the price for Wilsonic on the AppStore, turns out I already own it!

• ScaleGen also export Scala files. Gestrument Pro is supposed to cover most of the same features, but I’m not finding anything saying it definitively exports Scala files. @j_liljedahl ?

• @ksound said:
    ScaleGen also export Scala files. Gestrument Pro is supposed to cover most of the same features, but I’m not finding anything saying it definitively exports Scala files. @j_liljedahl ?

Gestrument Pro saves scales in Scala format. You can reach them via the iOS Files app.