Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blue Mangoo just submitted a big update for iFretless Brass with AU3 support.

Comments

• All 4 iFretless plus 2 tuners = $29.99US!!

I just wish iFretless Bass wouldn't crash so much. Maybe with the new update.

• @LinearLineman said:
    All 4 iFretless plus 2 tuners = $29.99US!!

Have you reported the crashes to Blue Mangoo? If not, please do.

It is quite stable for me, fwiw.

• @LinearLineman said:

We are monitoring crash logs and that app appears to be 99% crash free. If you are having problems, something unusual is going on and we would like to hear about it.

Does it crash at any time or just in certain situations?

Is the app crashing or the au plugin?

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

@LinearLineman said:

We are monitoring crash logs and that app appears to be 99% crash free. If you are having problems, something unusual is going on and we would like to hear about it.

Is this app for bass guitar only, or can it do electronic stuff, too?

• edited August 2019

@Blue_Mangoo, thanks for asking. I love the app btw. It seems to crash on larger projects. Kind of fizzes out with a disturbing noise. Easy to reload. I do everything in Cubasis. The au plugin.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Blue_Mangoo, thanks for asking. I love the app btw. It seems to crash on larger projects. Kind of fizzes out with a disturbing noise. Easy to reload. I do everything in Cubasis. The au plugin.

Thank you for the info

How many tracks are in a big project?

More than one instance of iFretless Bass running at the same time?

Does the plugin crash in a way that stops the UI from responding or it looks like it is still running but it stops making sound?

• I absolutely love this app, always have. Closest opportunity for a fool with no skills to imagine what it might be like to play the instrument...

• edited August 2019

@audio_DT said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@LinearLineman said:

It has some moog style synth bass sounds but it’s a sample playback synth so the patches aren’t editable to the extent that you would expect for electronic music. The main purpose of it is to make bass guitar sounds.

Here is a video where someone demos all the sample sets (not all presets):

It has a wider range of tones than what the video shows because there are other tone control options used in the presets to make several different sounds from a single sample set. However, I think you get the main idea in the video.

• Thanks, @Blue_Mangoo. My big projects aren't very big. A dozen tracks or so. The AU screen blacks out and i relaunch. In this case just one instance.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks, @Blue_Mangoo. My big projects aren't very big. A dozen tracks or so. The AU screen blacks out and i relaunch. In this case just one instance.

Hm... my first thought when I hear about the plugin crashing is that it could be out of memory. But 12 tracks isn’t that many. Which iPad are you using?

• Can you make it crash at will? Maybe you could do a screen recording showing circumstances in which it crashes.

• @espiegel123, nope. I cannot. Usually it has crashed in the past when switching sounds in the app. But here it is random. I am not adjusting the slider or anything. Fortunately it seems to hang in during a mixdown. But, hey, I am an iOS man. I just do it over and over!

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

@audio_DT said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@LinearLineman said:

It has some moog style synth bass sounds but it’s a sample playback synth so the patches aren’t editable to the extent that you would expect for electronic music. The main purpose of it is to make bass guitar sounds.

Here is a video where someone demos all the sample sets (not all presets):

It has a wider range of tones than what the video shows because there are other tone control options used in the presets to make several different sounds from a single sample set. However, I think you get the main idea in the video.

Thanks for the info.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @espiegel123, nope. I cannot. Usually it has crashed in the past when switching sounds in the app. But here it is random. I am not adjusting the slider or anything. Fortunately it seems to hang in during a mixdown. But, hey, I am an iOS man. I just do it over and over!

We fixed a bug in a recent update that caused it to crash if you change sounds while sound is playing. Perhaps that fixed your problem.

• Thanks @Blue_Mangoo, let’s see what happens with the new update. Beautiful acoustic bass. The best!

• edited August 2019

@Blue_Mangoo , Can you animate fret board in your apps in playback mode? In playback mode, I’m looking to animate the fret board in your apps like how its MIDI was recorded. Please update your apps with these animations. TIA

• @Blue_Mangoo any plans to get ifretless guitar on the auv3 train? Would love to have it. It's the best sounding electric guitar sim currently on ios.

• I’m going to have to pass, tempting though it is. I just prefer my trumpets, tubas, and other brass instruments not to be fretless. 🤓

• @haulin_notes said:
    I’m going to have to pass, tempting though it is. I just prefer my trumpets, tubas, and other brass instruments not to be fretless. 🤓

You don’t like your trombones to be fretless?

• Is iFretless brass good for making some funky horn sections?
    Can it do things like shakes (very rapid, severe vibrato) and trombone glissandos?
    And does it have muted sounds (in particular those wah-wah effects?)
    Finally, can I get those effects using a MIDI keyboard or do I need to ‘play’ them on the iPad screen like with ThumbJam?

• Hmm. Hey, @Blue_Mangoo , looks like someone is stealing your app ☹️

• And @Blue_Mangoo are you planning a similar update for the Sax app?

• @iansainsbury said:
    Hmm. Hey, @Blue_Mangoo , looks like someone is stealing your app ☹️![](https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/c7/

It’s the same dev, they recently just changed their name on the AppStore last week I think it was

• @TimRussell said:
    And @Blue_Mangoo are you planning a similar update for the Sax app?

+100

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:

@haulin_notes said:
    I’m going to have to pass, tempting though it is. I just prefer my trumpets, tubas, and other brass instruments not to be fretless. 🤓

You don’t like your trombones to be fretless?

Ha! I was trying to be funny... thought “brass” was a typo for “bass”. Just noticed it WAS really brass! 😊

• @iansainsbury ... unless you’re joking.... that is BlueMangoo. No interconnectivity, I believe.

• Great update! Thanks @Blue_Mangoo

• @MobileMusic said:
    @Blue_Mangoo , Can you animate fret board in your apps in playback mode? In playback mode, I’m looking to animate the fret board in your apps like how its MIDI was recorded. Please update your apps with these animations. TIA

Thank you for the suggestion!