Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drum rolls in Elastic Drum?

Can’t figure out whether there is a way to include drum rolls in sequences within elastic drum. (I realize the jam view allows for easy rolls, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to record those onto sequences.) Any tips?

Comments

• Don't know if it can be done since there's no way as far as I know to do or add per step divisions...

• edited August 2019

@ohwell said:
    Can’t figure out whether there is a way to include drum rolls in sequences within elastic drum. (I realize the jam view allows for easy rolls, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to record those onto sequences.) Any tips?

You can record your roll from a channel while in jam view, and the .wav appears in User samples, where you can assign it to a sampler

• Another way to roll sample based sounds would be automate loop and length (ie. repeat a portion of the sample to create the roll). But yeah, step-divisions would be easier and work with all sound-types...

• @Samu said:
    Another way to roll sample based sounds would be automate loop and length (ie. repeat a portion of the sample to create the roll). But yeah, step-divisions would be easier and work with all sound-types...

Ya I was thinking about the portion-of-sample thing would be a good way: record a .wav live inapp with one hit at the front and a roll at the end and automate the sample start and length), that way it’s all on one channel

• Is it possible to set a track's playback rate (TIME) per pattern? If so, you might be able to 4x the speed of part for the pattern where you want a roll.

Or sequence it from Patterning. :)

• edited August 2019

@syrupcore said:
    Is it possible to set a track's playback rate (TIME) per pattern? If so, you might be able to 4x the speed of part for the pattern where you want a roll.

Yep ED has control over both time and length per track and per pattern. It would be cool if these parameters could be automated.

However these two params can be set differently for each successive pattern, as can the sample or synth patch

• @Littlewoodg said:

@syrupcore said:
    Is it possible to set a track's playback rate (TIME) per pattern? If so, you might be able to 4x the speed of part for the pattern where you want a roll.

Yep ED has control over both time and length per track and per pattern. It would be cool if these parameters could be automated.

>

Agreed that would be a really neat solution - and very musically useful overall. (Not sure but I wonder if the problem is that it would mess up the loop length for automation of the other parameters.)

I could see biting the bullet on no easy rolls, and just focus on using the sequencer for what it does best. It’s a really nifty app!

• @ohwell said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@syrupcore said:

>

Agreed that would be a really neat solution - and very musically useful overall. (Not sure but I wonder if the problem is that it would mess up the loop length for automation of the other parameters.)

I could see biting the bullet on no easy rolls, and just focus on using the sequencer for what it does best. It’s a really nifty app!

One of the very niftiest
    The dev is always adding and refining and I find new stuff all the time

Incredibly deep - a workstation unto itself

• @Littlewoodg said:

Totally agree. "Make an EP entirely with ED" has been on the mental should-do list for a long while.

• @syrupcore said:

@Littlewoodg said:

Totally agree. "Make an EP entirely with ED" has been on the mental should-do list for a long while.

Another oughta for me too

• @Littlewoodg said:

@syrupcore said:

@Littlewoodg said:

Yeah. I was talking about my mental should-do list for you. Sorry if that was unclear.

• @syrupcore said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@syrupcore said:

@Littlewoodg said:

Yeah. I was talking about my mental should-do list for you. Sorry if that was unclear.

:)