Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fabfilter Summer Sale - Until September 1, 2019

They are having a sale - “25% off”.

Bundle is cheaper. Individual AUv3s also seem to be cheaper.

“Until September 1, 2019”

Comments

• Yes bundle is definitely cheaper £89.99 now in UK was £115 I think.

• edited August 2019

I have just got home from the pub and for once I’m thankful that not all plugins are universal.

I got as far as searching for fabfilter on the App Store and was wondering why I couldn’t find them. I would have bought the lot if I’d found them no doubt.

But I can’t buy them as I don’t have an iPad handy and they’re not available on my phone so my impared judgement can’t get me into trouble this time :-)

I’m sure I will be relieved in the morning if I remember.

• Hmmm upgrade bundle to pro q 3 for 17€
    Is it worth? Probably yes :)

• Hmmm, already got the bundle... Maybe iOS sales are not going as well as they had hoped...

• @Samu said:
    Hmmm, already got the bundle... Maybe iOS sales are not going as well as they had hoped...

Maybe the impending Toneboosters infection... etc..?

• @Samu said:
    Hmmm, already got the bundle... Maybe iOS sales are not going as well as they had hoped...

The 25% sale is across the board. Not just iOS.

• edited August 2019

FF are running scared.

Toneboosters are about to steal their iOS market with super apps at super reasonable prices. >:)

• Woot, was waiting. Now I have to buy. :(

• @tk32 said:
    FF are running scared.

Toneboosters are about to steal their iOS market with super apps at super reasonable prices. >:)

Would have to be really “reasonable” prices: FabFilter’s algorithms are far superior, and at the same price, I’ll take a FF plugin over its ToneBooster equivalent any day... Now, if Izotope made a move, that would be serious game.

• That must hurt those who bought it a regular price

• @ecou said:
    That must hurt those who bought it a regular price

I don’t regret getting the bundle but had I known FF would drop a sale this soon I would have waited...

What’s next Eventide and Toneboosters do a 50% sale just to piss off early adopters?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Yes bundle is definitely cheaper £89.99 now in UK was £115 I think.

£129.99 - a mate bought it about an hour before it went on sale. I saw the post on here and told him about it!

• @Jumpercollins said:

I just paid £130 two days ago :(

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jumpercollins said:

£129.99 - a mate bought it about an hour before it went on sale. I saw the post on here and told him about it!

Ouch! That was mean!

• @theconnactic said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Ouch! That was mean!

Yeah, think he’s refunded it, so he can buy again at the sale price!

• Apps always go on sale!! (Ignore the exceptions).

Just pay what you can when you can.

• Going to have to sit this one out but I'll be waiting eagerly for next time round!

• I expected the established companies porting to iOS to do more price shuffling, and I'm happy to see they are not treating their iOS versions differently than their desktop software.

• @theconnactic said:
    FabFilter’s algorithms are far superior

How so?

• edited August 2019

On sale already? That was quick...

I bet the “serious” users bought them in large numbers the first week or so and then sales dropped off a cliff.

• edited August 2019

@theconnactic said:
    Would have to be really “reasonable” prices: FabFilter’s algorithms are far superior, and at the same price, I’ll take a FF plugin over its ToneBooster equivalent any day... Now, if Izotope made a move, that would be serious game.

No offense @theconnactic - but the only 'superior algorithms' they have are the ones that make some people believe Fabfilter have some kind of magic (or secret sauce) that justify their premium ticket price.

Their apps are certainly sublime examples of design and UX, for sure, but sound-wise they can usually be matched - and frequently nulled in A/B comparisons - with nothing more than basic stock plugins.

If you don't believe me... just ask Dan Worrall.

• @tk32 said:

@theconnactic said:

No offense @theconnactic - but the only 'superior algorithms' they have are the ones that make some people believe Fabfilter have some kind of magic (or secret sauce) that justify their premium ticket price.

Their apps are certainly sublime examples of design and UX, for sure, but sound-wise they can usually be matched - and frequently nulled in A/B comparisons - with nothing more than basic stock plugins.

The cricket player? 🏏

• edited August 2019

@tk32 said:

@theconnactic said:

I have a lot of iOS eqs And desktop ones and hardware, and honestly I use Fab filter the least. I'm not an eq junkie, just looking to basic shit tho, mostly scooping out bass and cutting midrange.. Cuz I don't feel like it's superior, it deff does well but... My ears like other ones

• edited August 2019

For anyone who is still not acquainted with Dan Worrall, here is a link to his YT:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/IIRs/

I thoroughly recommend his recent "What's wrong with stock plugins" series.

By the way... FabFilter paid this guy a decent wage to promote and explain the entire FF plugin range, and yet he still speaks very candidly about being able to achieve much the same results with stock EQs and compressors.

In other words... FF is great, but you can get very similar results from other (cheaper) plugins

• edited August 2019

The upgrade from pro-q 2 to 3 is usually $15 for me. It’s $3 now.

• Part of the greatness of FabFilter is the interface itself, but results tbd.

• The bundle in the US App Store works out to about $13.50 per each of the seven. My resolve is melting and forming a puddle on the floor. 😭

• edited August 2019

If you don’t have the $$ for these, don’t sweat it. Don’t worry too much. There are other great plugins.

But seriously, the design, precision, visual interface... it feels expensive and luxurious. We don’t all need that, but for those that can afford it, yeah just let them enjoy it. :smiley:

Personally, I still haven’t decided. I am a sucker for EQ, so went all in (Auria Q2 upgrade, AUv3, then Q3 upgrade 😬) and I love them all. Bummer to realize i’ve likely spent more than the $94.99 bundle price just on Q... but hey its been fun.

• Fabfilter plug ins are totally in my arsenal, as well as izotope plug ins...
    Why? Because in my opinion they are superior in every way.

• I quite like Kymatica’s AUFX series.