Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM request : keyboard shortcut

I would love to see a keyboard activate shortcut somewhere in this general region.
Often when playing live I want to use the AUM keyboard and have it activate a different synth in one quick touch..
Is this doable!?!?
My other main request would be to have the keyboard lock into scales....someone said to tie the keys to scaler , also a good idea but hey, why not just have it ready natively of possible!

Comments

• edited August 2019

On a related note, it would be cool if the keyboard shortcut on each AU could replaced by another AU instead of the AUM keyboard. My use case would be to use Xequence Keys all in same scale across multiple AUs.

• @reasOne said:
    I would love to see a keyboard activate shortcut somewhere in this general region.
    Often when playing live I want to use the AUM keyboard and have it activate a different synth in one quick touch..
    Is this doable!?!?
    My other main request would be to have the keyboard lock into scales....someone said to tie the keys to scaler , also a good idea but hey, why not just have it ready natively of possible!

+1 for scales built-in into the AUM keyboard.

• I keep thinking that there should be a way to use Senode to do this, and I believe someone has described a way to do so in either Senode or StepPolyArpUnit but I can't remember, it was complicated and didn't seem exactly what I would like to do.

Essentially, I would like to set it up so that Senode or SPAU runs its programmed course, and on a certain node (Step) it activates/starts a node in AUM, and then also has a stop command that can be handled the same way.

• edited August 2019

@reasOne said:
    Is this doable!?!?

I'm not sure if it's exactly what you want, but double-tapping the "hamburger" menu next to the instrument (or MIDI-enabled effect) will connect AUM's keyboard to it and disconnect it from other destinations (third paragraph in the Plugin Support section of the manual)

I asked Jonatan about making AUM keyboard be a MIDI destination so we could use the same kind of quick switching with external/AUv3 MIDI keyboards and he said he'll consider it :)