Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Quantiloop exported WAVs are very distorted in Ableton Live

I am using Live Intro for Windows.

I am also using Quantiloop 2.0 on iPad. I used AudioShare to transfer some audio clips (48 kHz 32 bit WAVs I think) to iCloud, then I downloaded those to my Windows PC. These WAV files open fine and sound fine in Audacity and SONAR Professional. In Live, I can hear the rhythm but the sound is way too loud and completely distorted and I actually cannot reduce the volume of a track with one of these WAV files in it. It seems like the audio file breaks some functions in the Live mixer.

Please note, this only occurs with the combination of Quantiloop and Live. Other iPad apps export WAVs which Live can read OK and the same Quantiloop WAV was read OK by 2 other Windows apps. I've posted the same issue at the Ableton Forum a few days back - no responses so far there.

Thanks for any clue you may have. In extreme cases I'd be willing to convert the WAV file, e.g. take it into Audacity and then save it so Live can read it, but that's getting somewhat ridiculous if it can't be automated somehow.

Comments

• Got a response from Ableton - the WAV file was in "32-bit PCM" format which is not supported by Live at the moment. One can presumably convert to a compatible WAV format using Audacity or similar. Oh well, I suppose I won't be doing it frequently.