Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

Comments

• Whatever happened to the iPhone version?

• @MobileMusic said:
    What’s the issue with section title alignments like OSC, SUB, FILTER, etc? They are all not centered vertically and seems like a quick prototype.

Please retain the current skin and offer an option to switch skins under settings.

Font rendering is different between Win/Mac, causing those sorts of issues for us. We edit the GUI on Windows.

• @reasOne said:
    Whatever happened to the iPhone version?

iOS development was paused since I had to work on the v1.3 changes on desktop. Now will move on to implement them on iOS (iPad and iPhone). in at most 2 weeks the beta will be out on AppStore.

• Guys, speaking of the iOS update, how important is MIDI Program Change support? I'm planinng to add new features for:

1. assigning listed presets to a certain MIDI Bank
    2. changing the order of presets in a MIDI Bank
    3. removing a preset form a MIDI Bank
    4. changing the name of a bank

For Banks, MSB + LSB will be used. For instance if you selected all factory presets, and wanted to assign them to Bank
    2. Since there are 1100 presets, they will all be assigned to Bank 1, but LSB (CC32) will also be used to select the presets:

Presets 0-127: LSB 0
    Presets 127-255: LSB 1
    Presets 256-383: LSB 2

and so on...

• @kv331audio_bulent said:
    Guys, speaking of the iOS update, how important is MIDI Program Change support?

IMO, it is very important for any app to be considered pro-level. Your implementation works for me, I will help test with Audiobus and my hardware controller.

• @rtuckr said:
    IMO, it is very important for any app to be considered pro-level. Your implementation works for me, I will help test with Audiobus and my hardware controller.

Good to hear that!

Now a technical question:

We'll use MIDI CC0 (MSB) to change banks. We might use CC32 (LSB) too, but we'll need to for the following:

Number of presets might go beyond 128. For instance let's say we have 255 presets listed in the browser and we want to assign them to MIDI Bank 1. For presets between 128-255 LSB (CC32 value) will be 1, or as the previous implementation presets between 128-255 go to a separate bank.
    Which one would work better?

@rtuckr said:

Good to hear that!

Now a technical question:

We'll use MIDI CC0 (MSB) to change banks. We might use CC32 (LSB) too, but we'll need to for the following:

Number of presets might go beyond 128. For instance let's say we have 255 presets listed in the browser and we want to assign them to MIDI Bank 1. For presets between 128-255 LSB (CC32 value) will be 1, or as the previous implementation presets between 128-255 go to a separate bank.
    Which one would work better?

yes, Program Change would be very welcome.

MSB and LSB combination is my preferred way to deal with large batches of presets. Using incremental values with LSB to jump to a new bank of 128 presets would certainly have my vote.

• @kv331audio_bulent I have found some consistent crashes when sustain pedal is on and you keep on adding notes. Air 2 IOS 12.3. This happens as AU or interapp in AUM
    Even if I decrease the polyphony does not make any difference, it just gets a moment where the whole thing collapses.

Thanks for your support

• @AlexB said:
    @kv331audio_bulent I have found some consistent crashes when sustain pedal is on and you keep on adding notes. Air 2 IOS 12.3. This happens as AU or interapp in AUM
    Even if I decrease the polyphony does not make any difference, it just gets a moment where the whole thing collapses.

Thanks for your support

I'll try to reproduce and fix this before releasing SM One v1.3 VST/AU/AAX Release Candidate (ETA: this Sunday)

• edited August 2019

@palm said:

MSB and LSB combination is my preferred way to deal with large batches of presets. Using incremental values with LSB to jump to a new bank of 128 presets would certainly have my vote.

Looking good (prototype skin for now) . iOS will have a similar layout (button texts will be replaced with icons up/down/delete)

@palm said:

Looking good (prototype skin for now) . iOS will have a similar layout (button texts will be replaced with icons up/down/delete)

I love it

• @AlexB said:
    @kv331audio_bulent I have found some consistent crashes when sustain pedal is on and you keep on adding notes. Air 2 IOS 12.3. This happens as AU or interapp in AUM

I can not reproduce the sustain pedal issue. I need a test project/test case that help me identify the issue. even a preset name and MIDI file would help.

• Hi folks, we're one more step closer to releasing SynthMaster One v1.3! Here's v1.3 Release Candidate: http://betas.synthmaster.com/userarea.aspx ENJOY!

Changes:

1. NEW: Added new dialog to edit MIDI Banks and Programs

2. NEW: Added new scales ranging from 5 notes to 12 notes

3. NEW: Added date filters for the preset browser: Show All, Last 24 Hours, Last Week, Last Month

4. FIX: Piano keyboard doesn't highlight the preset scale correctly in "Fill Octave" mode

5. FIX: Global A4 tuning parameter is not saved/loaded correctly

6. FIX: Global Polyphony parameter is not saved/loaded correctly

7. FIX: Some of the recently added BT factory presets display "Missing Waveforms" dialog

For those of you who'd like to beta test, I've prepared a "test plan": https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SgtgG0kBjHyoOGKiK11wDMDcX8MiZBUNnLNQ5c8-jK4/edit?usp=sharing

• @kv331audio_bulent I send a message on your website and a PM here, but on both no answer.....Can you please answer them?

• edited August 2019

@kv331audio_bulent , Here are a couple of more issues I found -

Some knobs do not take effect until we release the key and hit it again.

In AU mode, there is no Attributes section. I was able to save some presets in AU mode but they would not appear in the browser. Setting attributes would solve the issue but there is no attributes in AU.

Even after setting attributes in standalone mode, the Bank Name values do not get saved (get discarded) until we re-save the preset.

Tapping on knobs/faders should display their current value. Otherwise, there is no way to know their current values unless we start twisting their values by which time their values get changed. You could display the values in a bugle next to them.

@AlexB said:

I can not reproduce the sustain pedal issue. I need a test project/test case that help me identify the issue. even a preset name and MIDI file would help.

Not trying to be a pain, but any news on the issue with WiFi having to be turned off? I use Ableton link a lot to sync to my MacBook Pro when using Ableton or MPC Software and I literately can’t use SM1 when doing so because it crashes when ever my WiFi is turned on. Also I like to have access to my Dropbox.
    Thanks in advance.

• @Strizbiz said:
    Not trying to be a pain, but any news on the issue with WiFi having to be turned off? I use Ableton link a lot to sync to my MacBook Pro when using Ableton or MPC Software and I literately can’t use SM1 when doing so because it crashes when ever my WiFi is turned on. Also I like to have access to my Dropbox.
    Thanks in advance.

Are you referring to SM1 iPad ?

• @kv331audio_bulent why do you not respond on questions on your website or PM? No need for new customers?

@Strizbiz said:
    Thanks in advance.

Are you referring to SM1 iPad ?

Yes I am. First it would just crash on launch and I did some Googling and found out I had to turn off my WiFi so I know it’s not just me. Is this the first time you’ve heard about this issue?

• @MobileMusic said:

Some knobs do not take effect until we release the key and hit it again.

In AU mode, there is no Attributes section. I was able to save some presets in AU mode but they would not appear in the browser. Setting attributes would solve the issue but there is no attributes in AU.

Even after setting attributes in standalone mode, the Bank Name values do not get saved (get discarded) until we re-save the preset.

Tapping on knobs/faders should display their current value. Otherwise, there is no way to know their current values unless we start twisting their values by which time their values get changed. You could display the values in a bugle next to them.

Also, ability to assign precise values by typing in numbers on knobs and faders.

• @kv331audio_bulent Just noticed when I do Save > Move to iCloud from AU, it crashes with a blank panel in Cubasis

• @MobileMusic said:
    @kv331audio_bulent Just noticed when I do Save > Move to iCloud from AU, it crashes with a blank panel in Cubasis

I removed iCloud menu in v1.3, since we have our own cloud implementation now.

• @MobileMusic said:

I'll look into the bank name issue.

Regarding "no attributes in AU mode" -> We provide the standalone version with full functionality so you can design your sounds with it. Just load them with the AU version.

• Now that I'm done with SynthMaster One v1.3 desktop, I'm back on track for the iOS version. I'm about 95% done already:

@MobileMusic said:
    @kv331audio_bulent Just noticed when I do Save > Move to iCloud from AU, it crashes with a blank panel in Cubasis

I removed iCloud menu in v1.3, since we have our own cloud implementation now.

V1.3? The iOS App Store version is 1.1.2

Why so slow with responding on questions?

• @Pierre118 said:

v1.3 is not beta yet. and I replied back to you, it was regarding MPE I believe.

Now that I'm done with SynthMaster One v1.3 desktop, I'm back on track for the iOS version. I'm about 95% done already:

That’s great! Looking forward to it!!

• Now we can drag-n-drop Pitch, Mod, Aft, Vel, Rnd, Kyb...

@Pierre118 said:

v1.3 is not beta yet. and I replied back to you, it was regarding MPE I believe.

Yes, it was. But I also send you e-mails asking some questions about the promotion prices. But that was never answered. It was about Synthmaster for the MAC, about the discount. But the discount is already gone :(

• @Pierre118 said:
    Yes, it was. But I also send you e-mails asking some questions about the promotion prices. But that was never answered. It was about Synthmaster for the MAC, about the discount. But the discount is already gone :(

Wait for November 16: Our Black Friday sale starts then.

This discussion has been closed.