Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Aum Low signal level when reamping

Hey guys. Started using my iphone to sketch more at lunch. I will use AUM to monitor myself with bias fx for the sound and feel but have a second chanel capturing DI for reamping later on my laptop in Reaper.

I took a sketch today and back at my desk I tried to load the di track on the input of an AUM channel and then run it through bias fx to hear how it sounded and the level was so so low. I dont know why this is.

I have my interface input gain up to right below clipping with my hardest pick attack so i think i have that right.

any advice is appreciated. thanks

Comments

• @Briandandrig said:
    Hey guys. Started using my iphone to sketch more at lunch. I will use AUM to monitor myself with bias fx for the sound and feel but have a second chanel capturing DI for reamping later on my laptop in Reaper.

I took a sketch today and back at my desk I tried to load the di track on the input of an AUM channel and then run it through bias fx to hear how it sounded and the level was so so low. I dont know why this is.

I have my interface input gain up to right below clipping with my hardest pick attack so i think i have that right.

any advice is appreciated. thanks

When you look at the recorded audio in an audio editor what does the amplitude look like? When you record in AUM , you can see the level of the signal. Is it not matching what gets saved?

• it actually looks quite small. im curious why that is. When i record in reaper with the same soundcard and same settings the amplitude of the wave form is quite large. in aum is is reallly small

• @Briandandrig said:
    it actually looks quite small. im curious why that is. When i record in reaper with the same soundcard and same settings the amplitude of the wave form is quite large. in aum is is reallly small

I wonder if it's actually recording the microphone input instead of the DI input?

• no its recording usb 1+2 from my NI KA6

• it may be something else. I just noticed while reamping that only the reverb is generating any output. Amps and compressor and delay are generating no output. when i turn off reverb output goes away.

• @Briandandrig said:
    it actually looks quite small. im curious why that is. When i record in reaper with the same soundcard and same settings the amplitude of the wave form is quite large. in aum is is reallly small

It sounds like something funky is going on. First create a setup with just your input and nothing else. Adjust the gain on your input device till you get a decent level with the fader at its default level. If you need to, increase the gain on the input channel's fader.

If that doesn't result in decent level, report back.

• i think there was an issue with bias fx. I tried it again this morning and everything was working as expected. i think i may be mistaken with my wave amplitude complaint as well. Looking at the wav in audioshare the amplitude is much larger.