Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spidericemidas Music with Korg Gadget - TheSoundTestRoom Live Stream

Doug Woods was very kind and generous in suggesting hosting a live stream of my creations in Korg Gadget via his YouTube channel recently. It was a very enjoyable evening chatting about the music and the ways in which Korg Gadget can be used.

Maybe there are other Gadget users here on the Forum who have not yet come across the video on YouTube, and might find it interesting to check out? So I am posting the link to the video here for anyone who may be interested to hear some Gadget tracks.

Thanks for listening!

@ioue @thesoundtestroom

Comments

• It was a great watch/listen!! Beautiful
    Stuff @spidericemidas

• @Spidericemidas all the tracks were awesome, distrokid.com should be the next site to visit ;)

• @Halftone said:
    It was a great watch/listen!! Beautiful
    Stuff @spidericemidas

Thanks a lot! Thought it was worth posting here to reach any other Gadget users. :-)

• @Samu said:
    @Spidericemidas all the tracks were awesome, distrokid.com should be the next site to visit ;)

Hey there! I don't know anything about distrokid but will take a look. I did attempt a BandCamp account ages ago but got bogged down with too many unnecessary account options and 'Net language I didn't understand. It also wanted me to have a business account which I don't have and don't want. So I gave up and crept back to the safe simplicity of SoundCloud. LOL.

• If you do think about getting the music out there, I recall distrokid having some issues with timely payments. CD Baby seems to be a much more stable option, though I have yet to take the plunge myself.

• Wow. Just wow. Truly beautiful work @Spidericemidas thank you for sharing. Please let us know where we can hear the full album. I really love Move On track. So good 💕💕👊🏼™️

• Absolutely amazing are these on sound cloud or anywhere you truly have a talent and one I like so much is that you do it in gadget you’re awesome.

• Dope as fuck!!! Nice tracks!

• You're SOOO much talented guy ! Really great music ... let us know when you release this stuff as some EP or album, will definitely buy it ..

• @Spidericemidas - a rare opportunity to hear the music (albeit in mono) of one of the great unsung heroes of Gadget and wonderful presets. This music deserves to be heard more widely (and in stereo!)

• @mjcouche said:
    If you do think about getting the music out there, I recall distrokid having some issues with timely payments. CD Baby seems to be a much more stable option, though I have yet to take the plunge myself.

Thanks for the tip. Yeah I’m wary in general about putting anything online which involves bank accounts and hoping that the system is reliable and trustworthy enough for receiving any payments.

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    @Spidericemidas - a rare opportunity to hear the music (albeit in mono) of one of the great unsung heroes of Gadget and wonderful presets. This music deserves to be heard more widely (and in stereo!)

Your support is always greatly appreciated, Colin. I’m really old school still and not very clued up on using sites like BandCamp etc to distribute my music for downloading, streaming or purchasing. What I’d really like to do most of all is get all this stuff onto a CD where I can include some artwork for a cover and a little booklet filled with abstract images of iOS apps, a list of apps used and maybe even some descriptions of the workflows and techniques used inside Gadget. That would give the listener something cool to stare at and read whilst listening to the music. Just like it used to be in the good old days! I used to love staring at Pink Floyd’s DSOTM cover and reading the list of instruments used. I prefer to have something physical associated with the recordings as a complete package and it just makes it all the more interesting.

• @echoopera said:
    Wow. Just wow. Truly beautiful work @Spidericemidas thank you for sharing. Please let us know where we can hear the full album. I really love Move On track. So good 💕💕👊🏼™️

Many thanks for listening and very kind words. None of it is currently publicly available for downloading, streaming or purchasing online as I’m really not much of a downloader or streamer myself, and no doubt the music would need proper mastering to suit the various formats better which is totally beyond me. But I want to put it all onto a physical CD with cover artwork and inlay booklet to make it a more interesting and complete package for the listener, and distribute it that way.

• @Eye0sStudios said:
    Absolutely amazing are these on sound cloud or anywhere you truly have a talent and one I like so much is that you do it in gadget you’re awesome.

Thank you for checking it out and your words of encouragement! Yeah I have all the iOS DAWs on my iPad, but Gadget just seems to fit with the way my mind works, and the certain limitations of no AUv3 support or full audio tracks just pushes me to be more inventive and creative with the workflows and the music, which for me is more fun and challenging. I’m a long time fan of Korg products both hardware and software anyway.

Yes I do have them stored on SoundCloud but it is currently a private account until I decide how I want to make the music more available. I’d prefer to present it in a proper physical CD package if possible.

• @skulptur_sound said:
    Dope as fuck!!! Nice tracks!

Alriiiight! Thanks very much for listening! 👊😊🎧

• @dendy said:
    You're SOOO much talented guy ! Really great music ... let us know when you release this stuff as some EP or album, will definitely buy it ..

Thank you very much! Really glad you enjoyed the music. Yeah I’d really like to put a CD together with cover and inlay booklet just to make it into a more fun and interesting package. At the moment I don’t know which would be the most reliable and trustworthy internet site for making the recordings also available as downloads or streaming.

• Great work! Hopefully you connect with or have someone you trust to help distribute your music as it would be of great benefit to everyone for you to further share such talent.

I wouldn’t put too much effort into a CD however. Do people even still have CD players these days? I haven’t had any machine capable of playing CDs in years now that I think of it.🙄🤔

• edited August 2019

@Spidericemidas said:

@mjcouche said:
    If you do think about getting the music out there, I recall distrokid having some issues with timely payments. CD Baby seems to be a much more stable option, though I have yet to take the plunge myself.

Thanks for the tip. Yeah I’m wary in general about putting anything online which involves bank accounts and hoping that the system is reliable and trustworthy enough for receiving any payments.

We discussed streaming services recently here:
    https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/community/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/7971/#Comment_7971

There are some numbers where you can calculate expected revenues based on number of plays. To me it looks like public streaming services are wasting of time until you aren't (rock|pop|hiphop)star. Definitely for us, independent musicians.

Most direct customer -> you $ transfer is in my opinion at BandCamp .. you just enter there your paypal address and immediately somebody make purchase, most of money goes to your paypal .

advantages

• small fees, fee is "per purchase"
    • easy to set up
    • your fans can download mp3/wav, people still want "own" music
    • your fans know that most of money they pay are going to your pocket, not to some mega streaming service shareholders :)
  • @WillieNegus said:
    Great work! Hopefully you connect with or have someone you trust to help distribute your music as it would be of great benefit to everyone for you to further share such talent.

I wouldn’t put too much effort into a CD however. Do people even still have CD players these days? I haven’t had any machine capable of playing CDs in years now that I think of it.🙄🤔

Many thanks for having a listen, and the kind words. I appreciate that 👊😊

Haha. You’re talking to someone here who still enjoys using cassettes, vinyl, CD and even minidiscs 😲🤣🤭🤫

But yeah, you’re right, these days most people just want to download or stream music. It’s obviously much more portable and convenient, not to mention improving the physical storage space compared to vinyl and CD etc!

Will have to look into a few options.

Cheers!

• @Spidericemidas said:

@WillieNegus said:
    Great work! Hopefully you connect with or have someone you trust to help distribute your music as it would be of great benefit to everyone for you to further share such talent.

Haha. You’re talking to someone here who still enjoys using cassettes, vinyl, CD and even minidiscs 😲🤣🤭🤫

But yeah, you’re right, these days most people just want to download or stream music. It’s obviously much more portable and convenient, not to mention improving the physical storage space compared to vinyl and CD etc!

Cheers!

It’s a shame. The compression needed to make music streamable robs some of the original expression. Easily discernible when I dust off the old record player.

Nothing like vinyl and I miss the sound of cassettes also. Apparently many do which accounts for the many apps that emulate tape/record players. Ironic if nothing else.

• I'm oldschool too.. I don't like streaming services. Author gets just fraction of money earned by service.

If i buy indie album on Bandcamp for, lets say $10 euros, i know hat my 9.5$ goes to author. If i play his tunes even 1000x on streaming service, i know that he will gest still literally nothing.

Bandcamp (or other direct payment user -> author distribution system) is the way for inde producers

• @dendy said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@mjcouche said:

We discussed streaming services recently here:
    https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/community/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/7971/#Comment_7971

There are some numbers where you can calculate expected revenues based on number of plays. To me it looks like public streaming services are wasting of time until you aren't (rock|pop|hiphop)star. Definitely for us, independent musicians.

Most direct customer -> you $ transfer is in my opinion at BandCamp .. you just enter there your paypal address and immediately somebody make purchase, most of money goes to your paypal .

advantages

• small fees, fee is "per purchase"
    • easy to set up
    • your fans can download mp3/wav, people still want "own" music
    • your fans know that most of money they pay are going to your pocket, not to some mega streaming service shareholders :)

Thanks for the link. Interesting stats on there. Yeah I would have to agree that BandCamp seems to be very popular and the way to go if making the music publicly available, and of course it would be nice at the same time just to get a little cash back from the work to fund more apps! I have now run out of last Christmas’ iTunes vouchers! 😧😅

• @WillieNegus said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@WillieNegus said:

Cheers!

It’s a shame. The compression needed to make music streamable robs some of the original expression. Easily discernible when I dust off the old record player.

Nothing like vinyl and I miss the sound of cassettes also. Apparently many do which accounts for the many apps that emulate tape/record players. Ironic if nothing else.

Exactly. The compression on uploads does put me off a bit, not only for posting my own stuff, but also for obtaining other people’s music which isn’t available on any of those old formats.

It is funny how things come around again as you say. First we had analogue only synths, then we had digital only synths, now we have digital synths trying their best to emulate analogue circuits, and full blown analogue gear has surfaced in a big way again! And now we have apps like Time Machine from 4Pockets!

Probably most of the current generation of listeners would not even notice the compression on digital downloads as they’ve never experienced ‘the old ways’.