Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPhone XR headphone/lightning splitter help?

Is there a lightning adapter with headphone jack for the new iPhones in which the lightning port has complete functionality and not just charging ability?

I got one from Belkin and to my dismay I cannot plug my USB MIDI to CCK into it for MIDI keys use. I dusted off my old lightning iRig Pro and no dice there either. The lightning port on the adapter is only good for charging the phone it seems.

If there’s not a small adapter like I’m describing, could you please tell me what I need so I can jam around on the new phone with good (wired) headphones?

Comments

• @oat_phipps said:
    Is there a lightning adapter with headphone jack for the new iPhones in which the lightning port has complete functionality and not just charging ability?

I got one from Belkin and to my dismay I cannot plug my USB MIDI to CCK into it for MIDI keys use. I dusted off my old lightning iRig Pro and no dice there either. The lightning port on the adapter is only good for charging the phone it seems.

If there’s not a small adapter like I’m describing, could you please tell me what I need so I can jam around on the new phone with good (wired) headphones?

Your iRig Pro should also have come with a USB cable. Use a USB hub and connect your midi interfaces face and iRig plugged into the USB hub and plug your wired headphones into the iRig.And use a cck. I don't believe one can have a lightning splitter that has two data ports.

• I have an iPhone XR and I use the UGREEN USB Hub (link below) along with the Apple Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter to hook up USB MIDI devices and headphones to my iPhone XR. The UGREEN USB Hub w/Audio In & Out plugs into the USB port on the CCK. You can continue to charge the iPhone as well with this setup. The hub also has its own micro USB power input should you need to power it as well, but I have not had a need to use it yet, nor have I used the hub's mono audio input jack (for full disclosure). I have an iRig Pro keys 37 plugged into this hub and it is working fine with the iPhone XR as is the hub's headphone out jack using Sony MDR-V6's. I hope this helps.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HPMHOY0/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• @Kikoblu said:
    I have an iPhone XR and I use the UGREEN USB Hub (link below) along with the Apple Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter to hook up USB MIDI devices and headphones to my iPhone XR. The UGREEN USB Hub w/Audio In & Out plugs into the USB port on the CCK. You can continue to charge the iPhone as well with this setup. The hub also has its own micro USB power input should you need to power it as well, but I have not had a need to use it yet, nor have I used the hub's mono audio input jack (for full disclosure). I have an iRig Pro keys 37 plugged into this hub and it is working fine with the iPhone XR as is the hub's headphone out jack using Sony MDR-V6's. I hope this helps.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HPMHOY0/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That helps a TON. Precisely what I need, and cheap. Thank you very much.

Also thanks @espiegel123 for your time and info.

• You're welcome @oat_phipps - happy I could help.

• I concur with Kikoblu, this one works great with my Ipad Pro 12" with usb c - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HPMHOY0/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• edited August 2019

Also gotta say the XR is a sheer beast re: battery life. Maybe it’s cause I used my 5S for 6 years and it was on its last legs, but so far it feels more comparable to a tablet than my idea of a phone battery life.

• Hello oat_phipps I see you also have an Iphone XR.
    Yes the battery life is amazing it last much more than my 6s (with a new battery).
    But Im having problems with mine, as I posted in another thread: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/33480/iphone-xr-disappointing-for-music#latest
    And would love to know if its a common problem in the XR or its my unit that is faulty.
    My Iphone XR can not power my Sonic Port and Sonic Port VX, which I can feed without problems with my Ipohne plus 6s and my Ipad Pro 10.5 (2017). Can you power your Irig Pro with it?
    Do you find your XR is much more powerfull than your previous phone/ipad?

• @jassy said:
    Hello oat_phipps I see you also have an Iphone XR.
    Yes the battery life is amazing it last much more than my 6s (with a new battery).
    But Im having problems with mine, as I posted in another thread: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/33480/iphone-xr-disappointing-for-music#latest
    And would love to know if its a common problem in the XR or its my unit that is faulty.
    My Iphone XR can not power my Sonic Port and Sonic Port VX, which I can feed without problems with my Ipohne plus 6s and my Ipad Pro 10.5 (2017). Can you power your Irig Pro with it?
    Do you find your XR is much more powerfull than your previous phone/ipad?

Yes I have the same problem with the iPhone XR and the Shure MV51 - which is MFi certified and sold on the Apple store: from what I can tell the XR doesn't power it, although I have ordered a new cable just to be 100% sure.

• @richardyot said:

Yes I have the same problem with the iPhone XR and the Shure MV51 - which is MFi certified and sold on the Apple store: from what I can tell the XR doesn't power it, although I have ordered a new cable just to be 100% sure.

Its very disappointing, it has better battery than other devices but it is worse in this departament !?!.
    I could take only my sonic port with my iphone before, but now it forces me to carry a powered hub and two more cables, it's a big step back.
    Please keep us posted about your results.
    Also would appreciate it if you can share some impressions about the cpu processing power.

• @jassy said:

@richardyot said:

Its very disappointing, it has better battery than other devices but it is worse in this departament !?!.
    I could take only my sonic port with my iphone before, but now it forces me to carry a powered hub and two more cables, it's a big step back.
    Also would appreciate it if you can share some impressions about the cpu processing power.

So I was having problems connecting my MV51 and my Scarlett 2i4 to the iPhone XR, but after a reboot of the phone everything is working as it should. So in my case the connectivity issues were a false alarm. The Shure MV51 works straight into the phone, and the Scarlett needs either a powered hub or a powered CCK.

I also a Sonic Port guitar interface and that's working with no issues as well.

I haven't had a chance to test performance though.

• edited April 2020

Thats interesting> @richardyot said:

@jassy said:

@richardyot said:

So I was having problems connecting my MV51 and my Scarlett 2i4 to the iPhone XR, but after a reboot of the phone everything is working as it should. So in my case the connectivity issues were a false alarm. The Shure MV51 works straight into the phone, and the Scarlett needs either a powered hub or a powered CCK.

I also a Sonic Port guitar interface and that's working with no issues as well.

I haven't had a chance to test performance though.

Its working ok your XR all this time?
    At first I was excited about the update to IOS 13.4 (the Sonic Port is finally working with this IOS version) but after a while the audio started to stop intermittently.
    Do you use the XR to make music without problems? Do you have done any tweaks disabling things to avoid audio interruptions?
    Sorry to ask Im very frustated with the XR.