Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gadget "update"...

Is ETRIBE(Warsaw) wave free for owners of the stand alone?

If to buy 1 IAP which would you get?

Comments

• I guess no sound demos for the new Gadgets?

They must be amazing then........

• Love the Atmospheric IAP bro

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Is ETRIBE(Warsaw) wave free for owners of the stand alone?

Yes

• I would get the extra wavetables, they add to the sonic palette.

Made by
    https://www.francispreve.com/bio

• This has to be the most lukewarm reception for any new Gadgets... well for two of them anyway...... you will know the ones I mean.... Duffy and Crapso.
    The other one is a different scenario altogether. Having said that if you didn’t go headlong into the original release then the novelty will probably be wearing off after a while.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    I would get the extra wavetables, they add to the sonic palette.

Made by
    https://www.francispreve.com/bio

I couldn't find em

• Honestly I've loved kew since its release, and it's really rad gadertized, I got both the iaps and they are good.
    The sample import for the drum machine makes kew extra nice, woulda really liked having that in the gadget, but that's ight I can run song mode in kew to play drums along side my gadget In song mode

• edited August 2019

I also love that it has the latest version of Ableton Link with start stop!

@reasOne said:
    Honestly I've loved kew since its release, and it's really rad gadertized, I got both the iaps and they are good.
    The sample import for the drum machine makes kew extra nice, woulda really liked having that in the gadget, but that's ight I can run song mode in kew to play drums along side my gadget In song mode

• Found a great Korg Gadget article by Mr Preve here:

https://www.emusician.com/how-to/masterclass-korg-gadget-mac

Be sure to look at his Apple News feed here for other great nuggets:
    https://apple.news/Tk7cydFZDR0SxAYujqGFLBw

• Personally I love that Korg has doubled down on the niche chip / nostalgia / lofi / tip. I say that sincerely and am Super amped about the new Gadgets. So much so I'm debating updating the OS X version to get caught up and have them as desktop AUs.

Eagerly awaiting Otorii to be functioning in iOS (the lack of reaction to this specifically being an indicator that not everyone has embraced these new Gadgets as much as some of the previous releases).

• That’s very useful @echoopera
    Cheers for sharing!

Two gadgets that I never use (Miami and Chiang Mai) will be getting a visit soon

• U> @echoopera said:

Found a great Korg Gadget article by Mr Preve here:

https://www.emusician.com/how-to/masterclass-korg-gadget-mac

Very interesting. Thank you!

• @Tones4Christ said:

@reasOne said:
    Honestly I've loved kew since its release, and it's really rad gadertized, I got both the iaps and they are good.

Yessssss that's a lot of help

• @Proppa said:
    Eagerly awaiting Otorii to be functioning in iOS (the lack of reaction to this specifically being an indicator that not everyone has embraced these new Gadgets as much as some of the previous releases).

That was a weird one. I did check that on my iPad Pro 9.7 and iPhone and on both Otorii appeared normally (with the previous version, not today’s fix).

• @Tones4Christ said:

Does gadget support Link with start/stop now?

• @Peter321 said:

@Tones4Christ said:

Not on gadget,Electribe wave does though

• @Peter321 said:

@Tones4Christ said:

Not yet (surprisingly)
    Hosting in Audiobus is a workaround that will allow start/stop

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@Peter321 said:

@Tones4Christ said:

Not yet (surprisingly)
    Hosting in Audiobus is a workaround that will allow start/stop

Thanks, i hope they update LINK support in gadget too soon. @ioue 😉

• Wow, I’m really enjoying KEW alongside Gadget. I’m just trying to figure out how to make them work together in the best logical way. I love the patterns available in KEW which I think sound huge and refreshing! So I want to create backing patterns in KEW and use those with Gadget, so how would I send those patterns to Gadget? Or would it be best to sync Gadget and KEW, but then how would I change sections in KEW and a Gadget at the same time. Or even have Xequence 2 control both? So many tools so many ways😳

I wonder if Mosaic could be used somehow to accomplish this? @wim

Thanks for any ideas guys!

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Wow, I’m really enjoying KEW alongside Gadget. I’m just trying to figure out how to make them work together in the best logical way. I love the patterns available in KEW which I think sound huge and refreshing! So I want to create backing patterns in KEW and use those with Gadget, so how would I send those patterns to Gadget? Or would it be best to sync Gadget and KEW, but then how would I change sections in KEW and a Gadget at the same time. Or even have Xequence 2 control both? So many tools so many ways😳

Humm... I don't see a lot of good options here:

• KEW doesn't output MIDI, so sending the patterns to Gadget isn't an option.
    • KEW doesn't seem to respond to program changes, so I don't think you could trigger it to change patterns from, say Xequence 2 or Mozaic.
    • You can sequence both KEW and Gadget both from Xequence 2, but not trigger patterns, so I guess this isn't what you really want.

I think your best bet is to use the song mode of KEW. Browse the patterns you want to use in KEW, and use the Add to Song button. Then go to song mode and set the right number of repeats for each pattern. You can also set mutes, etc. here. Then, with link Start/Stop enabled, you can sync the KEW song to the Gadget song.

• So awesome! Thanks so much for he guidance!

In song mode of KEW how do specify the number of repeats per pattern? I looked everywhere and I think I hit a wall😁😲🤓☝️

@wim said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    Wow, I’m really enjoying KEW alongside Gadget. I’m just trying to figure out how to make them work together in the best logical way. I love the patterns available in KEW which I think sound huge and refreshing! So I want to create backing patterns in KEW and use those with Gadget, so how would I send those patterns to Gadget? Or would it be best to sync Gadget and KEW, but then how would I change sections in KEW and a Gadget at the same time. Or even have Xequence 2 control both? So many tools so many ways😳

• KEW doesn't seem to respond to program changes, so I don't think you could trigger it to change patterns from, say Xequence 2 or Mozaic.
    • You can sequence both KEW and Gadget both from Xequence 2, but not trigger patterns, so I guess this isn't what you really want.

I think your best bet is to use the song mode of KEW. Browse the patterns you want to use in KEW, and use the Add to Song button. Then go to song mode and set the right number of repeats for each pattern. You can also set mutes, etc. here. Then, with link Start/Stop enabled, you can sync the KEW song to the Gadget song.

• do can you import wav files and manipulate them in the new wavetable electribe app in gadget?

• @eross said:
    do can you import wav files and manipulate them in the new wavetable electribe app in gadget?

No import of user *.wav or wavetables at the moment. But who knows, it might come in an update...

• @Tones4Christ said:
    So awesome! Thanks so much for he guidance!

In song mode of KEW how do specify the number of repeats per pattern? I looked everywhere and I think I hit a wall😁😲🤓☝️

@wim said:

@Tones4Christ said:

Sorry, I was wrong. I was thinking of GR-16. You have to add the pattern as many times as you need it to repeat. Cumbersome. :|

• edited August 2019

The Synth Guy is pissed that he spent $28 on the 2 new games Gadgets and the sounds are nothing special (well, they are niche sounds for people who like video game sounds). Hey Synth Guy, get a refund! :-)

New Gadgets in detail... thumbs up for 1, thumbs down for 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12&v=KC0NI0Uo8ig

• Everything is just starting to click with me and Gadget. Really truly enjoy using it so much now. I guess I’ve learned enough in the last year that i understand the workflow a lot more...and the whole production process at that.

Here’s a short little lunchtime jam using a lot of Warszawa and samples galore in Bilbao and Abu Dhabi:

As always thanks for listening. Hope you enjoy.
    👊🏼™️

• That is just excellent @echoopera ! Sheesh, was there time to eat too?

• Hahah> @kinkujin said:

That is just excellent @echoopera ! Sheesh, was there time to eat too?

Hahaha...yep...dripped lettuce all over the screen getting it done :)

Here's a little in camera effects to accompany it as well:
    https://youtu.be/o93oGT_OBQk

• @echoopera said:
    Hahah> @kinkujin said:

That is just excellent @echoopera ! Sheesh, was there time to eat too?

Hahaha...yep...dripped lettuce all over the screen getting it done :)

Here's a little in camera effects to accompany it as well:
    https://youtu.be/o93oGT_OBQk

Loved the jam + the visuals really gave it a vibey vibe.. :D Mostly Warszawa you say? Hmmm.. that may have been the push off the fence for me.. been debating since Warszawa fell into Gadget.. Do I really need wavetables on top of all the other amazing Gadget synths?