Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Do you collect anything other than Apps ?

edited August 2019 in Other

Just wondering if anyone here has a collection they enjoy other than our collective obsession with filling our iOS devices with Apps ?

Mine is records, last time I moved house, about 5 years ago I had 50 full boxes to move which works out around the 10k mark. You’d think that would be enough but my addiction is strong, to the point where I’m well know at my local P.O. due to the large number of parcels I receive. . :-)

Comments

• Lizards.

Memories.

Regrets.

Things that don't require a lot of money.

• I do have a lot of records but don’t consider myself a collector. I used to collect video games but haven’t found satisfaction in that for years. I think I’ve now changed from collecting to experiencing. I’m always on the hunt for a new cigar or bourbon.

• @robertreynolds said:
    I do have a lot of records but don’t consider myself a collector. I used to collect video games but haven’t found satisfaction in that for years. I think I’ve now changed from collecting to experiencing. I’m always on the hunt for a new cigar or bourbon.

Where do you live?

You like Cubans?

• We inherited over 5000 books (mostly crap), and about 3,000 CDs (all classical, apart from a spattering of Cliff Richards) earlier this year, so collecting actual things is banned in this house.

• edited August 2019

@MonzoPro said:
    We inherited over 5000 books (mostly crap), and about 3,000 CDs (all classical, apart from a spattering of Cliff Richards) earlier this year, so collecting actual things is banned in this house.

No disrespect, but it does make you think about what you will leave behind for others (especially the spattering of Cliff Richards)...as for collections, at this point I agree with @robertreynolds experiences seem like the thing (and good sex of course... :) )

• I collect dust on apps that I don’t use or use only one time after getting them :smiley: and so I stopped getting too many apps

• Cd’s, gi joe action figures, die cast cars. But i keep the collection very small and only buy selected items, no point in going nuts in collecting stuff.

• edited August 2019

Old gadgets don’t go away. I have iPad mini, Air 2, old laptop, pocket camera, cassette Walkman, 2 pocket voice recorders, pocket FM player, pocket HD radio, internet radio Logitech Boom, SiriusXM pocket radio with lifetime subscription...

• edited August 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:
    We inherited over 5000 books (mostly crap), and about 3,000 CDs (all classical, apart from a spattering of Cliff Richards) earlier this year, so collecting actual things is banned in this house.

No disrespect, but it does make you think about what you will leave behind for others (especially the spattering of Cliff Richards)...

I dread to think what Monzo Jnr will make of the 40 years worth of yelps, bleeps and twangs I’ve recorded and ferrited away. He’ll get a few quid for the MS20 though.

• I collect unfinished songs!!

• @supadom said:
    Cables!

Was just about to post the same, some giant audio cables I can't get rid of and a puzzling amount of midi cables from my hardware past!

• edited August 2019

Along with the dust and unfinished songs like others have mentioned, I collect presets that I'll never use and loops that I created just to never become anything 🤣

But I actually do collect Aesop rock albums
    And cigars

• @RUST( i )K said:

@robertreynolds said:
    I do have a lot of records but don’t consider myself a collector. I used to collect video games but haven’t found satisfaction in that for years. I think I’ve now changed from collecting to experiencing. I’m always on the hunt for a new cigar or bourbon.

Where do you live?

You like Cubans?

I’m in Los Angeles. I love Cubans but haven’t found anyone who knows how to get them out here.

• edited August 2019

@gmslayton said:
    I collect unfinished songs!!

Yup, too many to count.

Also synths, the physical kind, and I want more but I ain't got the room.

• edited August 2019

We collect donations to fund our culture/arts projects.

Links to campaigns available at following link. Donations welcome ;)

https://www.udaganuniverse.com/

• Debt and grey hairs at the moment 😂😂😂

• edited August 2019

Coffee mugs, vinyl records, baseball hats... and dust

• I have a nice collection of forehead and eye wrinkles started.
    Grows all the time, with little effort on my end.

• Vintage mountain bikes
    Synthesizers (35 years and counting)
    Drum machines (35 years and counting)

• Rejection, failures etc.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@supadom said:
    Cables!

Was just about to post the same, some giant audio cables I can't get rid of and a puzzling amount of midi cables from my hardware past!

Cables?

• @CracklePot said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

@supadom said:
    Cables!

Cables?

![](https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/ot/

Nothing Drambo wouldn’t sort out!

• @supadom said:

@CracklePot said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

@supadom said:
    Cables!

Cables?

Hype is everything :D

• I used to collect money. It was fun while it lasted. Now I bet I have fewer things than almost anyone here.

• @rs2000 said:

@supadom said:

@CracklePot said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

@supadom said:
    Cables!

Cables?

Hype is everything :D

I'll post a vid once the next alpha build is out which should be tomorrow. It's good no hype. Will change some people work for sure.

• Lately, I've been collecting unread emails and spam voicemail messages.

But I used to collect vinyl, then Cassette tapes, then CD's then MP3 files and now I just pay for several streaming music services. And yet... I prefer finding content on YouTube so I pay for that too.

I do have more guitars than fingers and almost as many keyboards. Drums, 2 basses and I have given away or sold at the price the buyer could afford more instruments than I currently own so my life is on a collectors arc on the downward slope.

I used to have hundreds of books and now... Kindle and many Audible books on tape.

Collect requires storage and you eventually learn that you can't really consume most of it so
    it's better to consume digital instances which led me to IOS Apps.

I do have a daughter that will take everything I'll give her. She's a curator with an anthropology degree and a knack for organization. I hope she doesn't ask me to help her pack for a move.

• Ouija Boards, First Editions, Film Memorabilia, Dust

• i've often wondered if collecting is innate or learned behaviour.
    i know it is/was in me

at a younger age i collected football cards
    later vinyl

that need to complete - whole - have it all - that need to complete an artist's oeuvre, especially those i had loved - that need to fill that that doesn't really need filling

with football cards there was also the gamble, the 'loot box' appeal of opening the packets - who/what would be inside?

now i see many many forms of 'collectable' aimed at the young (and very young) - is this creating or satisfying a need?

my physical collecting was curtailed and cured by my discovery/realisation that space and freedom were much more pleasing to me

as for my e hoarding --- the curation has gone, but the lure of novelty remains, and certainly colours my app-holism, but i'm at peace with this - as 'vices' go, filling my device with music makers doesn't feel too bad :)

• edited August 2019

life scars