Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best app for £5 or less

I have £5 credit to spend. What is the best app I can get? I’m open to any suggestions so please let me know your favourites

Comments

• What kind of music do you make?

• At the moment I would get K7D and Beathawk :smile:
    Sorry for the short answer. Will think of further explanations and options :wink: Have a meeting now :lol:

• @wim said:
    What kind of music do you make?

Mostly use my music apps to sketch ideas for heavy metal to be honest.

But I also enjoy messing around with other apps like ThumbJam and Spacecraft just for fun.

• I would get AudioShare. It’s really useful and gets used with many different apps. It’s a good way to move audio files around.

• @DMan said:
    I would get AudioShare. It’s really useful and gets used with many different apps. It’s a good way to move audio files around.

That seems like it may be a good shout. Functional over fun so to speak. Will see what other suggestions are out there but you’re in pole position so far!

• edited August 2019

@FesteringMike said:
    I have £5 credit to spend. What is the best app I can get? I’m open to any suggestions so please let me know your favourites

Spectrum synthesizer bundle.... its free , i think tardigrain is around 5 quid?

• In few days DRC synth is going to be on sale for 1€ ;)
    And Viking synth is still free??? Grub it now !

Also Loopy is very nice looper ,
    Jam Synth (not AU) is great if you play guitar ,it also tracks mono and transmits midi :)

• Ya. AudioShare is one of those apps that never gives you problems and it’s important to have if you’re into iOS music creation.

• Fugue Machine on sale. Or.... AudioKit SynthOne (free), FM Player2 $1 DRC free with upcoming $1 synth unlock, DLYM free....or keep it simple.... Amaya ocarina $4.99

• Audioshare.

• How does one not have Audioshare yet? 😱 This is mandatory for all iOS musicians to have, lol.

• WTKWTK
    edited August 2019

AudioShare...it makes life so easier...

• edited August 2019

There are so many possibilities...

Let’s get out of the box yet still practical but not necessarily “the best”

Beatonal 2.99 unlock USD
    Dot Melody 3.99

With both you can create whole compositions w drum tracks chords and melodies.

Beatonal is like a midi oriented Figure. Move your fingers around and get stuff. It typically leads to busy compositions (groovebox ish). Midi out for further edits.

Dot Melody is more serene. Midi out as well. More generative than input oriented. The drums are very atypical so you’d have to work hard to get anything like a typical groove.
    The melody and baselines always surprise me. Sometimes with their delicacy or rhythm. It’s a deceptively deep app and the built in sounds are pretty dang good.

Together I think they put you over your limit, but they’re both worth a look.

• Or audioshare :p

it pairs super well with AUM if you have that already.

• @audiblevideo said:
    There are so many possibilities...

Let’s get out of the box yet still practical but not necessarily “the best”

Beatonal 2.99 unlock USD
    Dot Melody 3.99

With both you can create whole compositions w drum tracks chords and melodies.

Beatonal is like a midi oriented Figure. Move your fingers around and get stuff. It typically leads to busy compositions (groovebox ish). Midi out for further edits.

Dot Melody is more serene. Midi out as well. More generative than input oriented. The drums are very atypical so you’d have to work hard to get anything like a typical groove.
    The melody and baselines always surprise me. Sometimes with their delicacy or rhythm. It’s a deceptively deep app and the built in sounds are pretty dang good.

Together I think they put you over your limit, but they’re both worth a look.

Cheers. I’ll check them out.

• @u0421793 said:
    🌞🗣

I think in a thread like this it’s okay to spell it out:
    SunVox

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    How does one not have Audioshare yet? 😱 This is mandatory for all iOS musicians to have, lol.

I always think people already owns AudioShare too. Lol

• @FesteringMike said:

So true. I this case I rather use its drum track as complement... and lay the main drums elsewhere. Adds that dot melody spice to stuff 😛

• I like KQ Dixie. 3.99

• Synth
    +1 for KQ Dixie there are so many downloadable patches on the inter web its unreal. Can’t even count how many I have and all free.

Drums
    Ruismaker or Ruismakerfm Both great, Ruismaker has stock drum machine sounds with light tweaking, and RFM can synthesize it’s own drum sounds so tons of options, but super simple and straight forward, plus random button.

Song,Sample,Etc for File Management and sharing stuff with other music apps - Audioshare

• Beatonal is pretty great plus you can export the midi to continue somewhere else

• audiosherbert

• DRC synth engine is .99

• You could get Groovebox- try it out - then spend your fiver on some In App Purchases.

• Made with various synths Dot Melody and some Cality. Quickly done so there’s a few hiccups where the beats lost sync...

• edited August 2019

@FesteringMike said:

Mostly use my music apps to sketch ideas for heavy metal to be honest.

Get Blocs Wave (free) and a few rock/metal packs. Perfect for mucking around with rock and metal ideas.

• edited August 2019

• edited August 2019

I just downloaded a 1gb zip file on my phone and AudioShare unpacked it neatly into a folder. Truly the Swiss Army knife of iOS music making!!