Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Taming the Beast that is iVCS3 - Daveypoo, The Mobile Music Minstrel

Here's the first part of a series I'm doing on how to get a handle on iVCS3. Thanks to Alessandro at apeSoft for this incredible synth!

Comments

• Great video, Dave. Way beyond me but your delivery gets better and better.

• Thanks - I'm gonna be as quick as the MicroMachines guy at this rate!

• I guess iVCS3 can be quite rewarding once dug into to.
    I'm mostly using it's AUv3 modules for other stuff :)

• @Daveypoo
    Thanks for taking the time to make this video! I found it very helpful; not least because of your delivery style. It was concise and very easy to follow. I hope you’re planning to do at least a couple of follow-ups for the iVCS3. :)

• edited August 2019

The fact that we have both the FULL synth as AUv3 and the individual modules makes this thing worth buying alone. But I wanted to get myself familiar with the ins and outs of it so I could make it do more.

I worked a bunch with James Edward Cosby on this - that dude is a genius with this app. Showed me all sorts of cool bits that I'll feature in more vids if folks dig this sort of thing.

• @Beathoven said:
    @Daveypoo
    Thanks for taking the time to make this video! I found it very helpful; not least because of your delivery style. It was concise and very easy to follow. I hope you’re planning to do at least a couple of follow-ups for the iVCS3. :)

Keep on the look out for a Part 2 coming soon - and maybe more if others like this sort of thing.

• @Daveypoo said:

@Beathoven said:
    @Daveypoo

Keep on the look out for a Part 2 coming soon - and maybe more if others like this sort of thing.

Looking forward to more like this!

• Great! Been waiting for this and def waiting for epi 2. You-are-the-demystifier!

• Excellent!

• @daveypoo thank you for the video. Now I have a basic understanding of how this beast works. Looking forward to episode 2

• @Prog1967 Beautiful! I'm so glad it helped and that everyone digs this video.

• Wonderful video.

• Great video. Left a comment and a like on YT. Your presentation style is great - somewhere between a Doug and a Tim (Discchord) - look forward to part 2, 3, 4............😉

• edited August 2019

Thanks @Jefe0820 and @ajmiller for watching - people seem to be digging this, so there'll very likely be more.

• @Daveypoo
    ep1 amuse bouche digested ... ready for the soup course... is this the full 7 course tasting menu of weird or the menu del dia con postre for us simple pueblo’s? :)

• Really nice video. My high school had both an AKS and a Synthi-E, because why not.

Since I was apparently the only one who ever managed to even get a sound out of these I had them pretty much to myself for a glorious four years. Good times.

Very interested in learning more about the Apesoft-ified aspects of the VCS3.

• @RockySmalls Depends on how much you can stomach 😉

@Philandering_Bastard Starting bite-sized to make sure there's still room for more!

• @Daveypoo said:
    Starting bite-sized to make sure there's still room for more!

Om nom nom

• @Daveypoo said:
    The fact that we have both the FULL synth as AUv3 and the individual modules makes this thing worth buying alone. But I wanted to get myself familiar with the ins and outs of it so I could make it do more.

I worked a bunch with James Edward Crosby on this - that dude is a genius with this app. Showed me all sorts of cool bits that I'll feature in more vids if folks dig this sort of thing.

Absolutely much appreciated. This is the one synth I’ve been yearning to crack. Looking forward to any insight you share!

• @ZenEagle Start small - use the simple patch I started you on and start adjusting things you're familiar with from other synths to see how they behave here - once you're a bit more familiar with how things in iVCS3 differ from other synths, you can get a better handle on where to go next.

Thanks for all the great feedback, everyone!

• edited August 2019

Excellent @Daveypoo !
    I tried understanding Hazel's vids, but she's doing too much too fast.

• Great init patch video, @Daveypoo! Good use of your pointing finger graphics in this one. Please share more of what you have learned from that well-known iVCS3 patch designer:)

Yeah, @kingvidorfan, I feel these @Daveypoo intro(s) can function as easier stepping stones to those in-depth videos you mention there.

• @kingvidorfan Hazel's videos are excellent and very detailed, but I've had a hard time following the graphics. They did teach me a lot, though, about how to get around.

@bleep I'm glad the annotations are helpful. The goal is to be as clear as possible and I feel like the pointers help avoid confusion.

• Anyone else experiencing this bug in standalone, where the UI is made unusable after opening the preset browser. Black bars show up on bottom and right and am unable to access the entire interface unless I restart app.

12.9 iPad Pro, using iOS 13.2

• edited November 2019

Not any more - the last app update (3.3.1 five days ago) sorted it out for me. iPad Pro 13.2.3.

• Update to the latest version and it will fix it!

• Coming to MAC OS soon.

• There’s a sweet Apesoft bundle that might be quite cheap if you own 1-2 of the 3 apps. Mood, Apematrix and iVCS3

• @Poppadocrock said:
    There’s a sweet Apesoft bundle that might be quite cheap if you own 1-2 of the 3 apps. Mood, Apematrix and iVCS3

Brilliant thanks! Just got ApeMatrix for £1.01 :)