Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

K7D - Tape Delay by Imaginando Lda

Comments

• What is this app gonna add if I already have Dubstation, Shimmer, and Kosmonaut?

• On sale right now, just $0,99.

• slicetwo asked "What is this app gonna add if I already have Dubstation, Shimmer, and Kosmonaut?"

Do they have a randomise button? Are they only $1?

• @Simon said:
    slicetwo asked "What is this app gonna add if I already have Dubstation, Shimmer, and Kosmonaut?"

Hey Simon, if you use the quote function then the person you are quoting will get notified. Either that or you can @ the person If you want them to see your reply. Just an FYI as you might not know. 🙂

• OK, thanks.

Hey Simon, if you use the quote function then the person you are quoting will get notified. Either that or you can @ the person If you want them to see your reply. Just an FYI as you might not know. 🙂

• edited August 2019

@Simon said:
    OK, thanks.

Ironically I didn’t see your reply, did you edit my username out of the quote?

Anyway, not telling you how to post. 😁

• @gusgranite said:

Ironically I didn’t see your reply, did you edit my username out of the quote?

I think I must have.

• @gusgranite said:

@Simon said:
    slicetwo asked "What is this app gonna add if I already have Dubstation, Shimmer, and Kosmonaut?"

How do we @ someone?
    Thanks!

• @flo26 You just put @ before their username. A pop up menu will appear when you start typing a name so you can auto complete the nickname.

• @Simon said:

the others are free if you already own them :wink:

• @sinosoidal, thanks for this interesting sale. I was totally unfamiliar with your tools. I hope many others are learning about them and you will do well with this promotion. Got DRC and K7D. Thanks!

• edited August 2019

I'm loving the sounds you can get from k7D...

But I am having issues with it in NanoStudio 2 (Aargh. NS2 AU Issues. Again.). When I come back to NS2 with a project already loaded, the channels with K7Ds are silent. Removing the instance and replacing it fixes it.

When I put K7D on its own channel and use it with sends the channel is silent. When I use it as an insert effect the whole channel is silent. Whatever synth is loaded makes no sound until K7D is removed from the chain.

It's repeatable. Every time NS2 reloads the current project, K7D is silent.

K7D seems to be loaded and the UI is responsive, just no sound. If you go back to NS2 and the project is still active (i.e. no splash screen loading page) it works OK.

• @klownshed said:

But I am having issues with it in NanoStudio 2 (Aargh. NS2 AU Issues. Again.). When I come back to NS2 with a project already loaded, the channels with K7Ds are silent. Removing the instance and replacing it fixes it.

When I put K7D on its own channel and use it with sends the channel is silent. When I use it as an insert effect the whole channel is silent. Whatever synth is loaded makes no sound until K7D is removed from the chain.

K7D seems to be loaded and the UI is responsive, just no sound. If you go back to NS2 and the project is still active (i.e. no splash screen loading page) it works OK.

Yep, I noticed this the other day too. I think it's a NS2 issue, as K7D reloads fine in other hosts.

• edited August 2019

@klownshed said:
    But I am having issues with it in NanoStudio 2

What a surprise.......

I played a lot of hours with K7D in AUM and never had a problem.

• I've just bought this app.
    It sounds really good!
    Thanks a lot for your creativity @sinosoidal

• I can't get it to stop listening to the mic....must be a sod off button somewhere :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I can't get it to stop listening to the mic....must be a sod off button somewhere :)

iOS Settings-> Scroll down until you see K7D and you can turn off the microphone from there

• When using it as a standalone? There is a mute button to mute the input. Are you working in standalone or AUv3 mode?> @klownshed said:

This might be a bug in K7D. We had the same problem on the desktop AU version when loading a project. I still need to investigate.

Can you please try something? After loading the project, change the project tempo and see if that triggers the plugin to work again.

• @sinosoidal said:
    When using it as a standalone? There is a mute button to mute the input. Are you working in standalone or AUv3 mode?> @klownshed said:

This might be a bug in K7D. We had the same problem on the desktop AU version when loading a project. I still need to investigate.

Can you please try something? After loading the project, change the project tempo and see if that triggers the plugin to work again.

I just tried that, still doesn't work after changing the tempo.

• @cretakano said:

@sinosoidal said:
    When using it as a standalone? There is a mute button to mute the input. Are you working in standalone or AUv3 mode?> @klownshed said:

I was trying to replicate the issue on my iPad Pro and NS2 but it didn't manifest. Still investigating!

If possible send me a private message with a video showing the minimal steps to replicate the issue. Thx!

• edited August 2019

@sinosoidal said:

@cretakano said:

@sinosoidal said:

I was trying to replicate the issue on my iPad Pro and NS2 but it didn't manifest. Still investigating!

If possible send me a private message with a video showing the minimal steps to replicate the issue. Thx!

I'm on an iPad Air 2 iOS 12.4 if that makes any difference. I can try and record a video later, but it will just be opening NS2 and then silence until I turn off or remove K7D from the track. Also sent you a private message with a video about the DRC sample rate bug on iPhone X. Cheers

• @cretakano said:

@sinosoidal said:

@cretakano said:

@sinosoidal said:

I'm on an iPad Air 2 iOS 12.4 if that makes any difference. I can try and record a video later, but it will just be opening NS2 and then silence until I turn off or remove K7D from the track. Also sent you a private message with a video about the DRC sample rate bug on iPhone X. Cheers

I'm on iOS 12.1.4 and that can make some big difference.

Can anyone else replicate this bug on iOS 12.4 with NS2?

DRC sample rate issue is on my todo list but couldn't get there yet.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I can't get it to stop listening to the mic....must be a sod off button somewhere :)

iOS Settings-> Scroll down until you see K7D and you can turn off the microphone from there

Well done that man...!

• edited August 2019

@sinosoidal said:

@cretakano said:

@sinosoidal said:

@cretakano said:

@sinosoidal said:

DRC sample rate issue is on my todo list but couldn't get there yet.

I’m on 12.4. iPad Air 2.

Changing the tempo in NS2 doesn’t fix the silence, removing and re adding K7D does fix it.

I can repeat 100% of the time by quitting NS2 by swiping up from the app switcher and relaunching it. That obviously makes NS2 reload the current project. If I don’t quit NS2 and just use the iPad for other things, going back to NS2 has the same affect as the Os will quit NS2 from running in the background. If the project doesn’t need to reload (no splash screen) it works fine.

• @sinosoidal I’m loving K7D ... thanks for putting it on sale.

The one feature I would really love to see (and would be happy to pay for in v2) is a manual tape manipulation, like Nils Frahm does here ...

• @sinosoidal said:

@cretakano said:

@sinosoidal said:

@cretakano said:

@sinosoidal said:

DRC sample rate issue is on my todo list but couldn't get there

Any news on the NS2 issue?

• @klownshed said:

@sinosoidal said:

@cretakano said:

@sinosoidal said:

@cretakano said:

@sinosoidal said:

DRC sample rate issue is on my todo list but couldn't get there

I have totally forgot about this issue. Lets see if I can put this in this week efforts. Sorry!

• @sinosoidal said:

@klownshed said:

I have totally forgot about this issue. Lets see if I can put this in this week efforts. Sorry!

No worries :-)

It only seems to be in NS2 that K7D goes silent when you reload a project.

• edited September 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Just shoot it with a sod off shotgun.