Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

This is insane

Comments

• Wow. That Todd Decker guy sucks. I live in St. Louis so maybe I’ll go yell at him on a weekly basis

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    Wow. That Todd Decker guy sucks. I live in St. Louis so maybe I’ll go yell at him on a weekly basis

Do it using that tune please. You-u-u-u suck Todd-De-cker.

• @jipumarino I hope you have a good lawyer?

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    @jipumarino I hope you have a good lawyer?

a goo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ood law-yer?

• @jipumarino said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    @jipumarino I hope you have a good lawyer?

a goo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ood law-yer?

....these days is hard to find....

• Ridiculous 😡 Todd Decker is obviously getting something out of this , either monetary or you scratch my back 🤬 I thought there was a law recently passed that sorted this bollox out ? You can sample away as long as your tune has very little similarities to the original (put in basic terms) .... But this!? Surely the people to blame are Katy’s solicitors? Todd Decker has just alienated himself from pretty much every artist on the planet with his stupidity imho 😯.... Good luck Mr Decker in finding any music students wanting to stand on the shoulders of giants enrolling in your future classes .... MANAMANA

• Considering the parties involved someone must be really good at giving head or something...

• just curious, why didn't he just play the actual riffs in question back to back instead of all that other stuff like a zillion riffs in-between and then his own replaying/interpretations of the riffs.... why not from the beginning just play the two riffs back to back, in all of their 'so dissimilar glory' ?

• The legal system is broken when it allows this kind of nonsense to go to a jury trial.

• edited August 2019

I understand Ostinato is suing Bastinado for kidnapping and torture. In addition Bastinado is countersuing Ostinato for replicating the particular cadence Bastinado beat out on Ostinato’s feet and using it for his “hit” song “Do It Till I Steal It”.

• Reminds me of this...

...Timbaland stealing ideas from SID musicians :)

• @kobamoto said:
    just curious, why didn't he just play the actual riffs in question back to back instead of all that other stuff like a zillion riffs in-between and then his own replaying/interpretations of the riffs.... why not from the beginning just play the two riffs back to back, in all of their 'so dissimilar glory' ?

Perhaps because lots of other people have already done that? I thought this was an excellent piece of well constructed storytelling.

• Can I copyright / protect the colour blue so that I can sue everyone who takes a photo of the sky?

• @LeonKowalski said:
    Can I copyright / protect the colour blue so that I can sue everyone who takes a photo of the sky?

Just don't use Yves Klein's blue

• @Jocphone said:

@LeonKowalski said:
    Can I copyright / protect the colour blue so that I can sue everyone who takes a photo of the sky?

Just don't use Yves Klein's blue

I once visited an exhibition of his works.

Object: "Monochrome Bleu" - 10.000,- $

Object: "Trois Monochromes Bleus" - 30.000,- $

Brilliant.

• The world has gone mad! 🤯

• @kobamoto said:
    just curious, why didn't he just play the actual riffs in question back to back instead of all that other stuff like a zillion riffs in-between and then his own replaying/interpretations of the riffs.... why not from the beginning just play the two riffs back to back, in all of their 'so dissimilar glory' ?

Because doing so will set him up for copyright strikes from two different artists. As he (and Rick Beato) say, they have no love for Katy Perry... likely because her team is notorious for going after YouTubers using her work including what many would consider fair use.

• If the wee hook is so insignificant to Dark Horse, why can’t the Defense team simply play 2 versions of Dark Horse for the jury, one with the hook in, one with the hook removed?

The songs should have little to no difference, if the hook is just background filler, right?

It would render the scholarly arguments moot, too.

• edited August 2019

the song was doomed from the start by the Jeff Dahmer reference, this latest weirdness is just karmic kleanup

• @fprintf said:

@kobamoto said:

Because doing so will set him up for copyright strikes from two different artists. As he (and Rick Beato) say, they have no love for Katy Perry... likely because her team is notorious for going after YouTubers using her work including what many would consider fair use.

but he did play them just not back to back without all of the superfluous info right?

• @steve99 said:

@kobamoto said:

Perhaps because lots of other people have already done that? I thought this was an excellent piece of well constructed storytelling.

I hadn't noticed as this is the first and only clip I've seen on the subject but I concur, the story telling is high-grade.