Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Recent AUM Update added Ableton Link Start/Stop

I missed the details of the recent AUM Update that added Ableton Link Start/Stop.
I've been hoping this would be added and it allows me to load the LUMBeats tools to make a great
"Band in a Box" rig using iBassist for bass and MIDI Chords out and any of the excellent LUMBeats Drum Apps. I do notice that there are slight sync issues with this approach which frustrates me but now I need to see what other apps support Ableton Link.

I think to really get control of sync for multi-midi band tracks I'll need to dig into the Xequence 2, AudioBus 3 and Loopy HD "Uber-DAW". I keep delaying on investing the effort.

Were there any other important enhancements in this recent update that I missed?

Comments

• Unless my iPad is spazzing out it’s been 3 months since the last AUM update. I believe that was the one that also added the most excellent MIDI pipelines. And yeah, Xequence 2 is awesome. I’m using it all the time now and highly recommend it.

• @_mwallace said:
    Unless my iPad is spazzing out it’s been 3 months since the last AUM update. I believe that was the one that also added the most excellent MIDI pipelines. And yeah, Xequence 2 is awesome. I’m using it all the time now and highly recommend it.

Thank you for the context. There was a splash about the MIDI channels. I just missed the additional feature of Link Start/Stop. I took a side road with an arranger app to generate accompaniment. Those hardware arrangers are a huge market for the small venue working musicians. IBassist can handle some interesting genres.