Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IPad OS beta, 3 fingers gesture makes it impossible to play chords (FIxed), (hope On OS release too)

edited September 2019 in General App Discussion

Hello guys.
I just updated to the last dev beta for testing purposes.
I’m on IPad Pro 11.
Issue 1

The latest beta makes it impossible to play chords while using the onscreen keyboard because it interprets that as the 3 fingers gesture.
It stops the midi input and the copy/paste pop menu comes up.

Issue 2

If you hold down for example C3, and then play C4, if C3 is not released within 1/2 seconds after C4 is down, C3 gets stuck until you release C4.

If anyone has direct contacts with Apple engineers please point this out.
I already submitted a feedback with a video proof.
What they could do Is to give the ability to turn the gesture on/off.

Comments

• edited August 2019

Yep I noticed this on first beta but it only affected GarageBand...looks like it’s spreading to other Daws now

My gut feeling is that it will ship this way. because no one at Apple QA is testing this. There will be some outrage from musicians for the fall then in March 2020 there will finally be a setting to turn it off

• @realdawei said:
    Yep I noticed this on first beta but it only affected GarageBand...looks like it’s spreading to other Daws now

Yeah it was an issue with the first beta, but with the following betas, it was not an issue until this new beta

• Apparently this is a 'beta bug' as the 3 finger thing also brings up the menu on the home screen from what I've heard and seen.

It's still a beta and I guess like with the current iOS12.4 it will still possible to turn of multi-tasking gestures so I'd be surprised if that option went away.

It's this 'lets remove all buttons' hysteria that leads to the gesture overload...

• edited August 2019

In iOS 12 you can turn gestures off under settings >> general >>multitasking

Is it not possible to turn this off in iPadOS ??

• @Hmtx said:
    In iOS 12 you can turn gestures off under settings >> general >>multitasking

Is it not possible to turn this off in iPadOS ??

🤣🤣🤣🤣 I take it all back, you just made my day.
    It’s the same procedure on iOS 13 also.

• @Paa89 said:

Great, and you just made my day also! ... I mean, after potentially ruining my day by frightening us all that this setting option was removed in iPad OS. Ah well, no hard feelings :wink: and I’m glad it won’t be an issue, especially since there are so many other great features in iPad OS.

• Actually that did not solve it for me at least when I tested all previous betas. I’ll check the most recent one to see.

• @realdawei said:
    Actually that did not solve it for me at least when I tested all previous betas. I’ll check the most recent one to see.

@Hmtx said:

@Paa89 said:

Great, and you just made my day also! ... I mean, after potentially ruining my day by frightening us all that this setting option was removed in iPad OS. Ah well, no hard feelings :wink: and I’m glad it won’t be an issue, especially since there are so many other great features in iPad OS.

Its still not working.i have the option off but my iPad ignores it.switchthe ipad of and back on but still no luck

• Apple wants us to play chords with our face.
    It is the future.
    :p

• @realdawei said:
    Actually that did not solve it for me at least when I tested all previous betas. I’ll check the most recent one to see.

While I'm not on the iPadOS/iOS13 beta I sincerely hope that those that are really do report the issues back to Apple...
    If not then what use is it even to be on the beta other than 'early access'??

• @Samu said:

@realdawei said:

While I'm not on the iPadOS/iOS13 beta I sincerely hope that those that are really do report the issues back to Apple...

I do report any issues i come across.
    I was just hoping someone in here has direct contact with people at apple so they can tell them to look into the matter.😌

• @CracklePot said:
    Apple wants us to play chords with our face.
    It is the future.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 I wouldn’t be surprised

• @Samu said:

@realdawei said:

I beta test OS for early access to features I enjoy. I’ll beta test apps to report show stopper issues, data loss etc. I’ve learned developers don’t want to hear squat about features or implementation — so I keep it to the show stoppers

• @CracklePot said:
    Apple wants us to play chords with our face.
    It is the future.

Will that help prevent bum notes :D

• @Samu said:

@realdawei said:

I just reported the issue, adding one more voice to the chorus. It seems to affect any app that uses an onscreen keyboard, as well as the full-screen MIDI interface apps such as TC-Data and TC-11.

• @DavidEnglish said:

@Samu said:

@realdawei said:

I just reported the issue, adding one more voice to the chorus. It seems to affect any app that uses an onscreen keyboard, as well as the full-screen MIDI interface apps such as TC-Data and TC-11.

Goodie, as it turns out it is possible to turn off the multi-tasking gestures to 'solve' the issues.
    The 'edge protection' seems to also be present in iOS13/iPadOS so there's no real reason to worry.

• @Samu said:

@DavidEnglish said:

@Samu said:

@realdawei said:

Goodie, as it turns out it is possible to turn off the multi-tasking gestures to 'solve' the issues.
    The 'edge protection' seems to also be present in iOS13/iPadOS so there's no real reason to worry.

Unfortunately on the beta it won’t solve the issue.
    When you turn the multigestures option off, the iPad ignores the command

• @Paa89 said:

@Samu said:

@DavidEnglish said:

@Samu said:

@realdawei said:

So it's still a 'bug' that needs to be fixed :)

Maybe the developers of apps that use multiple fingers once explicitly have to enable 'edge protection' to their apps as that effectively ignores the gestures?

I mean it's Apples own fault for removing all the buttons on the 'Pro' devices...

• @Samu said:

@Paa89 said:

@Samu said:

@DavidEnglish said:

@Samu said:

@realdawei said:

Maybe the developers of apps that use multiple fingers once explicitly have to enable 'edge protection' to their apps as that effectively ignores the gesture

I mean it's Apples own fault for removing all the buttons on the 'Pro' devices...

😂😂😂 the pro looks good with out buttons.
    In regards to the multi gesture I think it’s just a bug, because it was working well on the previous version without even turning the option off.lets see what the next release do

• edited August 2019

@Samu said:

@Paa89 said:

@Samu said:

@DavidEnglish said:

@Samu said:

@realdawei said:

Maybe the developers of apps that use multiple fingers once explicitly have to enable 'edge protection' to their apps as that effectively ignores the gestures?

It does turn off all the multitasking gestures, the issue seems to be that the undo is not considered a gesture.
    I really doubt this is gonna be addressed by GM. It’s going to be a 13.1 mea culpa fix.

• this is definitely a mistake in the application of the three finger gesture. It seems to work everywhere on every single screen. there’s no sense in a universal copy paste menu when there is nothing to copy and paste. Like what’s the point of that menu opening on the settings page? No doubt they’ll change the way this works because it basically cripples every app that uses multi touch for no reason.

• Latest beta...it’s worse than ever. This is gonna be a train wreck next month. 😂. I hope the folk at Cupertino are ready for some touch-gate drama.

• @realdawei said:
    Latest beta...it’s worse than ever. This is gonna be a train wreck next month. 😂. I hope the folk at Cupertino are ready for some touch-gate drama.

Which Beta? And what is worse than ever?

• Apparently the 'three finger menu bug' has been fixed in the latest beta :)

• @Samu said:
    Apparently the 'three finger menu bug' has been fixed in the latest beta :)

Yes, it is fixed. I can confirm.

• edited August 2019

I recently picked up the 2018 iPad Pro and was concerned the mandatory home gestures were going to severely hamper some multi-touch music apps. Quickly discovered “Guided Access” in accessibility options, which you can use to temporarily lock the iPad to any app — easy 3 tap on power button to activate/de-activate. Is that still available in the latest iPadOS betas? (I’m on 12.33)

It’s a very quick and convenient way to turn off all system gestures, much better than turning off through multitasking and dock IMO; at least on button-less iPads.

• @ZenEagle said:
    I recently picked up the 2018 iPad Pro and was concerned the mandatory home gestures were going to severely hamper some multi-touch music apps. Quickly discovered “Guided Access” in accessibility options, which you can use to temporarily lock the iPad to any app — easy 3 tap on power button to activate/de-activate. Is that still available in the latest iPadOS betas? (I’m on 12.33)

It’s a very quick and convenient way to turn off all system gestures, much better than turning off through multitasking and dock IMO; at least on button-less iPads.

Yes, it's still there in iPadOS(Developer Beta 7)

• @Pierre118 said:

@Samu said:
    Apparently the 'three finger menu bug' has been fixed in the latest beta :)

Yes, it is fixed. I can confirm.

What iPad are you on?
    I still have the issue on iPad Pro 11

• @Paa89 I have a iPad Pro 12.9 512GB gen2(2017). Just tested it again, chord 3-fingers has been fixed in yesterday's update.

• @Pierre118 said:
    @Paa89 I have a iPad Pro 12.9 512GB gen2(2017). Just tested it again, chord 3-fingers has been fixed in yesterday's update.

Hi there could you please tell me what are you settings in the multi gestures section?