Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

CHEAP USB MIDI Interfaces for iPad and iPhone | haQ attaQ

🔥 Are cheap USB MIDI cable interfaces any good? The market is absolutely saturated with low priced USB DIN5 MIDI interfaces and most of them are compatible with iDevices, such as the iPad and iPhone. They do seem like a good budget option for mobile musicians looking to get a small portable DIN5 USB midi interface, to use with their favourite portable synthesizer. However, there's something you need to consider before you buy one ...

haQattaQ

Comments

• Crappy copies! Love the sounding...

Well put @jakoB_haQ! thanks and congrats for your great work.
    <3

• The cheapest interfaces are usually no way near as robust as more expensive ones, data transmission does work on some, but not on all, the biggest problem I have found is that older synths cannot handle higher data rates. The best way to calibrate what speed is optimum for them, is to send a dump from the synth and count down the amount of time it takes to transmit, use this as a guide to set the speed for the return transmission. Sometimes it also needs spacing with an interrupt time, this can vary from synth to synth.

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    Crappy copies! Love the sounding...

Well put @jakoB_haQ! thanks and congrats for your great work.
    <3

My pleasure! :blush:

• @knewspeak said:
    The cheapest interfaces are usually no way near as robust as more expensive ones, data transmission does work on some, but not on all, the biggest problem I have found is that older synths cannot handle higher data rates. The best way to calibrate what speed is optimum for them, is to send a dump from the synth and count down the amount of time it takes to transmit, use this as a guide to set the speed for the return transmission. Sometimes it also needs spacing with an interrupt time, this can vary from synth to synth.

Thats s great tip about transfer rates! :heart:

• I havent been able to get any of these usb midi cables to work in any iteration of iOS from 7 to 12..
    Ive tried two m audio um1 s and also two ebay cheapo specials and none of them have worked for me..just not recognised at all...
    I dont think its in my karmic destiny to ever use one of these on iOS..

• Even worse for me are the behringer umc 202 ..they both work but have constant low level reverse beeping sounds as an extra bonus...

• Roland/editol are usually the best specs/price out there. Also its keyboards are usually midi din and class compliant so perfect as midi interface too.