Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FM Player 2: Classic DXII + AU - OFFICIALLY OUT NOW!

Comments

• i didn't own the first version so i bought this one for a buck now.What a steal,sounds great.Thanks!

• I’ve just bought this (first synth I’ve bought for quite a while now) but how do I get to any of the algorithms and do any actual synthesis?

• @u0421793 said:
    I’ve just bought this (first synth I’ve bought for quite a while now) but how do I get to any of the algorithms and do any actual synthesis?

You don't, as it's a 'rompler'.
    KQ Dixie is your best bet at the moment if you want FM synthesis...

• @analog_matt said:

@tja said:

@analog_matt said:

@tja said:
    @analog_matt What's about this?!?

@tja said:
    It's out now.

But the description reads like IAA may be gone, while this is not explicitly stated.

Could you clarify, @analog_matt

We're phasing IAA out of AudioKit apps and beefing up and improving our AUv3 support/functionality. From information we have received, this is something developers should do sooner than later. And, we want to facilitate that with the Audiokit framework. We're working behind the scenes on improving AUv3 support as I type this...

Thanks.

But IAA is not yet removed, so I can update the App?

IAA is not removed yet. But, I suspect it will be by this time next year.

Any plans to take more advantage of full screen AUv3 on iPad 12.9? Right now it’s pretty good but would be nice use all of the screen real estate available.

• Those @Spidericemidas presets are sick!!

• @Samu said:

@u0421793 said:
    I’ve just bought this (first synth I’ve bought for quite a while now) but how do I get to any of the algorithms and do any actual synthesis?

Oh fuck, I didn’t realise that. Thanks. Oh well, it’s only 99p down the drain. This is why I stopped buying apps a few years ago – I’ve already got all the ones I need, and any ones I want beyond that don’t exist (a total replacement for the Yamaha SY77, and the Yamaha FS1R, for example).

• Very crisp sounding and looking. Congrats Matt.

• @reasOne said:
    Those @Spidericemidas presets are sick!!

It’s pretty hard to make a bad sound in FM Player 2. Lots of lovely sounds in the PCM cards to layer and tweak. So much potential in there with the sequencer and mod matrix.

Have fun exploring and creating your own presets too! It’s a lovely easy synth to work with and get pleasing results.

• @analog_matt thank you so much for this AU update! My favorite Synth sounds better than ever!

• @realdawei said:

@analog_matt said:

@tja said:

@analog_matt said:

@tja said:
    @analog_matt What's about this?!?

@tja said:
    It's out now.

But the description reads like IAA may be gone, while this is not explicitly stated.

Could you clarify, @analog_matt

We're phasing IAA out of AudioKit apps and beefing up and improving our AUv3 support/functionality. From information we have received, this is something developers should do sooner than later. And, we want to facilitate that with the Audiokit framework. We're working behind the scenes on improving AUv3 support as I type this...

Thanks.

But IAA is not yet removed, so I can update the App?

IAA is not removed yet. But, I suspect it will be by this time next year.

Any plans to take more advantage of full screen AUv3 on iPad 12.9? Right now it’s pretty good but would be nice use all of the screen real estate available.

I cannot tell you, how much I prefer this:

over that:

• Layers and splits! Very cool.

• @u0421793 said:

@Samu said:

@u0421793 said:

Oh fuck, I didn’t realise that. Thanks. Oh well, it’s only 99p down the drain. This is why I stopped buying apps a few years ago – I’ve already got all the ones I need, and any ones I want beyond that don’t exist (a total replacement for the Yamaha SY77, and the Yamaha FS1R, for example).

Haha. It should come with a ‘Warning! May contain samples!’

It sounds great, by the way 🙂

• Ah, unfortunately same bug in NS2 like D1 synth - no audio in mixdown and also realtime audio stops playing after mixdown until pligin is not reloaded :(

I'm sad i cannot use those two nice synths...

• @dendy said:
    Ah, unfortunately same bug in NS2 like D1 synth - no audio in mixdown and also realtime audio stops playing after mixdown until pligin is not reloaded :(

Bugger.

• No sound in AUM/Apematrix with FM Player 2, just like D1, in iPadOS DP6. I know iPadOS is still beta, so just saying.........

• @analog_matt said:

@tjporter said:
    An effort should have been made to preserve previously created user patches. I dislike discovering that hours of work have disappeared. Extremely disappointed.

Did it delete your User bank?

The presets in there should have been preserved from FM Player 1 & the FM2 Beta. 😳

User bank completely gone.

• @dendy said:
    Ah, unfortunately same bug in NS2 like D1 synth - no audio in mixdown and also realtime audio stops playing after mixdown until pligin is not reloaded :(

Same problem here. D1 and FM2 won't mix down in NS2.

• One of the betas allowed to have two AUv3 instances playing at the same time.

Bought version only allows one instance again.

iPad 2018. Do others experience the same? Is it better on an iPad Pro?

• AU should allow as many instances as your device can handle.I‘m not at home to give it a try now

• Erm, can't see any update for the app in my app store (Europe), am I missing something? Not available in Europe yet?

• Thanks everyone, we're working on a solution. Swift and AVFoundation do not include the realtime eventlist in the rendering. This prevents a natively built Swift / AVFoundation AU from mixing down in Cubasis & NS2. We've filed a radar with Apple. And, we're creating workarounds for the upcoming AudioKit 5 framework. In addition to the Audiokit team, some of your favorite iOS music developers are working with us behind the scenes right now.

Super big thanks to everyone that bought FM Player 2. All the money from that goes towards the creation of AUv3 development tools that will benefit all hard working indie developers and improve the AudioKit apps, of course. 🙏

• edited August 2019

@analog_matt

thanks for info.. that is for sure frustrating if it is even not your fault but Apple's ! Hope they will put their shit together soon :)

Anyway i'm glad i purchased FM player and D1, exactly because of AudioKit team support :)

• @tjporter said:

@analog_matt said:

@tjporter said:
    An effort should have been made to preserve previously created user patches. I dislike discovering that hours of work have disappeared. Extremely disappointed.

Did it delete your User bank?

The presets in there should have been preserved from FM Player 1 & the FM2 Beta. 😳

User bank completely gone.

Oh wow. That sounds like an App Store install glitch. Sorry you experienced that. 🙏

@Spidericemidas said:
    Happy to report a smooth update with everything carried over.

Many thanks @analog_matt and congrats on the release. Happy days! 👊😎

Great to hear all your user presets carried over. And, thanks for those lovely presets!

For the rest of you, you can probably safely update and keep your User presets. This is the only reported instance – Though, I've definitely received some reports of weird install errors from the App Store. Keep in mind if an install doesn't take, iOS could attempt to delete and re-install. For those of you with important presets you've made, the following tips will work for all modern iOS apps (1) export any banks with user presets (2) keep your custom presets in a separate bank from factory presets (3) always open any apps that have been upgraded to AUv3 in standalone first.

Thanks again for using FM Player. It's really amazing to all of your music.

Hoping to see more videos like this from all of you:

• Hi @analog_matt is the inaccurate freezing of FM Player 2 (and D1) in Cubasis caused the same issue as the no audio on mixdown people have reported in NS2?
    Rather frustrating! Any idea of timescale for it being fixed?

• @AlterEgo_UK said:

Hi @analog_matt is the inaccurate freezing of FM Player 2 (and D1) in Cubasis caused the same issue as the no audio on mixdown people have reported in NS2?
    Rather frustrating! Any idea of timescale for it being fixed?

Did you also try the alternate options for freezing tracks in Cubasis?
    (The 'Audio Unit Mixdown Compatibility Mode' works fine for me with both D1 and FMP2 on my iPad Air 2, iOS12.4).

• AU always are difficult, really don't understand the hype.
    At me:

And with the AU compatibility mode:

• tjatja
    edited August 2019

I then tried the IAA version, as IAA is normally more stable for me, but to my horror, it does not play any sound at all when loaded in Cubasis!

It does not play the MIDI and it does not play nothing, when using the keyboard!

Please fix, @analog_matt

• @tja said:
    I then tried the IAA version, as IAA is normally more stable for me, but to my horror, it does not play any sound at all when loaded in Cubasis!

It does not play the MIDI and it does not play nothing, when using the keyboard!

Please fix, @analog_matt

Double checked this, even when I start the App first (where it does produce sound), as soon as I start Cubasis and the project with the IAA loads, FM Player 2 stops producing any sound!!!!

@analog_matt

• Same with AUM!!
    You destroyed the IAA version!
    I'm in panic

• edited August 2019

@tja To be completely honest – I doubt AudioKit will continue supporting IAA for much longer moving forward, especially once all our apps are AUv3 compatible. I'll message you the reasoning.

Right now, our top priority is improving the AUv3 capabilities in all our apps and our Framework.