Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ruismaker or ruismaker fm

Yesterday I bought phasemaker and ripplemaker. I like them both. Now that I know the quality of mr @brambos I want ruismaker, but which one should I buy? What is the difference?
Thanks

Comments

• edited June 2017

I like Ruismaker for it's sheer musicality and immediate usability, while still being very customisable.

I'm sure a lot of people prefer Ruismaker FM though for the other side of that coin, as I believe it is more designed for 'ground up' drum synthesis.

• edited June 2017

Ruismaker is like having every drum machine from the past. Ruismaker FM is it's cousin on drugs. I swap both out in my multirack as and when I feel like it. Combining both is amazing.

• If it can be only one, I would go with ruismaker.

• Thanks, I'll start with Ruismaker but I have a feeling I'll end up buying both

• edited January 2018

The fm version seems to be missing the extensive effect section of the original. Do you find your self missing it?

• “Either/Or” questions, where @brambos stuff is concerned are best answered with “both” or easier still “all”

• @ecou said:
    The fm version seems to be missing the extensive effect section of the original. Do you find your self missing it?

Not really. I generally try to use FX in the host instead anyway.

• I recommend getting both. Normal ruismaker is more 808 inspired thing that gives those drum machine sounds. FM is well FM, which creates weirder sounds. I use the regular one more, but reach to FM when i want more out there sounds. I like sampling from them to bm3 or mpc and might make drum hits that has layers from both apps. Or add a layer from these to some drum sample

• edited August 2019

i love the ruismakers for their straight forward simplicity,only feature request i have is...a third one "Ruismaker S" for own (one shot/drum) samples.Same paramter like the original but with an
    added filter knob.Combination of high/low passfilter (turn left=Lp,turn right =Hp).

That's it.Bring it on ;) @brambos

sorry,i meant a FOURTH one of course...

• Buy them both and then buy Noir.

• @OscarSouth said:
    I like Ruismaker for it's sheer musicality and immediate usability, while still being very customisable.

I'm sure a lot of people prefer Ruismaker FM though for the other side of that coin, as I believe it is more designed for 'ground up' drum synthesis.

That's a good quick run down and basically how I use those two together.

Start with Ruismaker OG, get my classic kick, snare, hat sounds. Get my more noisy particular sounds with FM.

And Noir...noir is great for a more evolving dynamic or pitched percussion use.

• Agreed... Buy them all
    In random order, because it's hard to choose just one

Or all at the same time

• I still love both of these but man I wish they had AUv3 multi-out support...
    @brambos Is this something that is planned to be addressed in the near future?

• Seriously both. Both sound great, Au, super light weight, great randomization features, fun, and simple, etc... both have cool sequencers in standalone.

Regular is some bread and butter electronic/drum machine sounds with 8 pads some minor tweaking available.

FM is a Drum synth, 6 pads capable of producing a wide range of sounds with different waveforms available. Everything from Deep Decaying Kick Drum to bells, boings, all literally all kinds of percussion noises. Hats, claps, snares too.

To me FM is best Used as somewhat of a percussion type kit , you get 6 pads, and ability to make all kinds of possible sounds, compared to Ruismaker Regular, which is 8 pads and they are all made up of classic type kick, snare, clap, toms, hats sounds, your main drum kit sounds. FM can do some typical sounds too but that’s how I like to use them.

• Lol I just realized this is an older thread after spending 15 minutes typing up my thesis. Lol.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Lol I just realized this is an older thread after spending 15 minutes typing up my thesis. Lol.

🤣 but it’s still a valid point!!

• Actively looking into multi-out for these, so no need to keep reminding me in every thread B)

• @fattigman said:
    Yesterday I bought phasemaker and ripplemaker. I like them both. Now that I know the quality of mr @brambos I want ruismaker, but which one should I buy? What is the difference?
    Thanks

Um

BOTH!

• @brambos that would be awesome

• If you don't need to get weird with tweaking, then Ruismaker. If you like to tweak drums then FM. And then Noir. Honestly, the three are very different imo.

• Noir is a masterpiece, can't keep my hands off it.

• Ruismaker bottoms and mids
    FM tops
    Noir snaking stomping chomper

• @gusgranite said:
    Ruismaker bottoms and mids
    FM tops
    Noir snaking stomping chomper

^^^ this

• Actually, while this thing is live again, I did wonder if @brambos had considered implementing multi-out, now AUM etc support this.....?

I’ll let myself out.

• @itgetslouder said:
    Actually, while this thing is live again, I did wonder if @brambos had considered implementing multi-out, now AUM etc support this.....?

I’ll let myself out.

@brambos said:
    Actively looking into multi-out for these, so no need to keep reminding me in every thread B)