Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BeatHawk and Ravenscroft 275 Piano by UVItouch are on sale right now, Beathawk iap's are on sale too

Beathawk down from $9.99 to 4.99

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id839563064

Ravenscroft 275 Piano down from $35.99 to 17.99

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id966586407

Comments

• Thanks for the IAP hint, @White ! :smile:

• edited August 2019

I am always wondering, what is BeatHawk? A Groovebox? Or more like a beat machine how the name suggests?

Completely unrelated but I’d love to have the Una Corda and Noire plugins on iOS. They sound astonishing and would be my go to pianos.

• @Zaubrer said:
    I am always wondering, what is BeatHawk? A Groovebox? Or more like a beat machine how the name suggests?

Completely unrelated but I’d love to have the Una Corda and Noire plugins on iOS. They sound astonishing and would be my go to pianos.

BeatHawk is also a sampler that also can load up to 16-velocity layered multisample instruments and has a 16-track sequencer.

There are quite a few videos out there demonstrating it.

• edited August 2019

BeatHawk is a good app but it would be nice to be able to delete the sound banks you don't use (for example factory banks).

• Will take a closer look at BH IAPs the toy sound, 90s HipHop, trap constructor and maybe the 909, love their 808 pack :)

• Hmmm...an actual Ravenscroft 275 piano apparently starts at around 280,000 USD, so 18 bucks seems like a good deal.

Been holding off on this for awhile, but think I’ll grab it at this price. Hoping to be able to run a single crackle free instance on an Air 2.

• @Pianisto said:
    BeatHawk is a good app but it would be nice to be able to delete the sound banks you don't use (for example factory banks).

You can delete any soundbank other than the two factory banks.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Pianisto said:

You can delete any soundbank other than the two factory banks.

🙂👍🏻

• In Beathawk, how do you load an IAP kit so all sounds from it it map across all pads??? Going browser —> 909 basic kit —> then load, it loads the kit (shows kit icon) in the bottom left slot, but tapping on it only plays the kick drum. Did a quick read of the manual and it all seems easy to suss out, but this most basic thing haha.

• edited August 2019

@bounce said:
    In Beathawk, how do you load an IAP kit so all sounds from it it map across all pads??? Going browser —> 909 basic kit —> then load, it loads the kit (shows kit icon) in the bottom left slot, but tapping on it only plays the kick drum. Did a quick read of the manual and it all seems easy to suss out, but this most basic thing haha.

Multisample instruments are played from the keyboard. Triggering from the pads is intended for pads loaded with a single sample or loop.

You can load single samples into pads if you want to create pads for the samples in your kit.

• Aha! I noticed I could play the kit in the keyboard configuration. Guess I’ll build factory kits in the grid view as I don’t like playing drums piano style. Cheers

• @bounce said:
    Aha! I noticed I could play the kit in the keyboard configuration. Guess I’ll build factory kits in the grid view as I don’t like playing drums piano style. Cheers

That's a good idea as the 'kits' have their sounds spread all over the place and since we can not edit the instruments there's no way to change the default pans or any other of the instrument parameters.

Hopefully UVI at least partially opens up some kind of instrument editor that is already there under the hood...

• @Samu said:
    Hopefully UVI at least partially opens up some kind of instrument editor that is already there under the hood...

This kinda makes me wish I’d have just imported my own sounds from the start. Hopefully, a little iap money from the sale will give them a push to develop things like that. So far, I don’t regret picking it up, it’s working well for quick and dirty drums in AUM. Some of those hot swap features in it are tasty too.

• edited August 2019

Also, that grand piano is great, I remember someone doing tests and I liked it more than the Ravenscroft. Anyone have the classical stuff like strings? I wonder how they compare to isymphonic because I’d rather not load up that slow beast again.

• edited August 2019

@bounce I've got all packs. including the strings stuff. Very realistic sounding. You get a bit more variation in isymphonic (and in some cases more realistic), but it is slower to load. Beathawk destroys all other choirs on iOS in my opinion. They are second to none. Beathawk (with IAPs) is on my "Only can use 10 apps" list.

• @mjcouche Thanks for that. Seems it’s time to check what I’m missing in isymphonic and start completing it in Beathawk. With strings, just going for quick sketches then recreating things later with Spitfire libraries so it doesn’t need to have perfect articulations. Cool to hear Beathawk is close to isymph. 👍

• @bounce Awesome. I do still use iSymphonic a lot, especially for solo cello and violin. And the french horns and other woodwinds are great.

• @bounce, BH equal to iSymph when it comes to acoustics. The strings are better for me in iSymph, but so is the cello and viola in ThumbJam! PureSynth has some very nice string ensembles as well. Those four and you got the best strings on iOS, IMO. The strings in iSymph are a bit redundant, I think. The basic app gives all you might need there. I recommend Tosca for a good grand opera choir supplement to BH choirs. BH Mallets and Baroque also musts for their acoustic role.

The BH piano is indeed excellent. RC275, BH and Module Model D best for the money. Salamander on Soundfont best for free!

• edited August 2019

How easy is it to use Beathawk within Cubasis?
    Thinking of picking it up just to have access to a load more decent sounds.
    In particular I’m interested in some quality brass, orchestral percussion and string sounds.
    Don’t intend to use it to make beats or as a DAW itself.

• edited August 2019

@TimRussell, a dream, especially with the new Cubasis update. I use BH just as you are intending, as a sound module. Several instances no problem. And you can adjust some stuff in BH like the ADSR, reverb, volume, etc. Total recommendation for your needs.

I would add the iSymphonic basic app to fill out the string sounds (always, or never on sale for $9.99 depending on how you look at it). Also Heavy Brass to supplement BH Brass.

• Does beathawk have a nice guitar (acoustic) pack or only these guitar loops?

• @david_2017, mostly loops, I think. However there is a great acoustic classical guitar in the Baroque pack. A favorite for some here. PureSynth also has some good acoustic guitar. SampleTank s American Acoustic is supposedly great, but pricey.

• Thanks for the headsup, sir! Will dive in!
    I missed the puresynth sale bc I thought I don’t need it haha
    Sampletank is way to pricey for me but the baroque sample pack will be explored. Thanks!

@LinearLineman said:
    @david_2017, mostly loops, I think. However there is a great acoustic classical guitar in the Baroque pack. A favorite for some here. PureSynth also has some good acoustic guitar. SampleTank s American Acoustic is supposedly great, but pricey.

• edited August 2019

@LinearLineman Excellent run down there. Man, Thumbjam always gets relegated to the far end of folders due to new shiny shiny. Always a joy to have it mentioned, it's just so expressive with so many tricks up its sleeves.

• edited August 2019

@_mwallace This time it for everyone 😉😉

• Picked up the trap designer deep bass, and the accordions
    Only a few more packs and I have them all!

• edited August 2019

Does anybody know If classical percussion as the big low orchestra drums ?

Edit: yes they do contain the Timpani. Just read the description @ecou

• Mello or another mellotron app?

• edited August 2019

Thanks @LinearLineman
    So I did grab it and was a bit disappointed at the lack of sounds. Only an ‘EDM factory’ and ‘Urban factory’. Still pretty good for £4.99 and if I’d read the description properly I would have known that...
    I’m hoping the sounds in the IAP packs are significantly better than those in Cubasis!

• @LinearLineman said:
    @david_2017, mostly loops, I think. However there is a great acoustic classical guitar in the Baroque pack. A favorite for some here. PureSynth also has some good acoustic guitar. SampleTank s American Acoustic is supposedly great, but pricey.

The baroque pack is one of my faves of all time. The guitar is amazing, the harps lovely, and the clavs could cut through a death metal mix. Grand piano is a staple for me as is the world percussion. For those just venturing in, I still use the factory packs in my music as there are some very nice sounds in there! I pick up a new pack with every sale as I love the quality and want to support the UVI folks for bringing good things to iOS. This time I grabbed classical percussion and instantly found 4 or 5 sounds I love.