Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Imaginando LK Matrix Module now has Midi Mode.

2»

Comments

• Does the MIDI IAP on sale today do anything with Live, or is it just for external hardware/internal app sequencing?

• @MonzoPro said:
    Does the MIDI IAP on sale today do anything with Live, or is it just for external hardware/internal app sequencing?

Midi Controller modules consists in configurable knobs, buttons, sliders to control midi parameters. It can be useful for both Ableton Live & Midi controlling of your musical projects.

• @sinosoidal said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Does the MIDI IAP on sale today do anything with Live, or is it just for external hardware/internal app sequencing?

Midi Controller modules consists in configurable knobs, buttons, sliders to control midi parameters. It can be useful for both Ableton Live & Midi controlling of your musical projects.

Ah ok, thanks.

• edited August 2019

@sinosoidal said:

@MonzoPro said:

I've purchased the MIDI IAP, but I can't see any of the options for the MIDI pads on the left, for example, or the ability to change the values of the values in the Controller section - it's not displaying any of the Banks, Assign, Inspect etc. buttons on the bottom that I can see in your video here:

I seem to have bought something but I don't have any more options than I had before. I'm obviously missing something somewhere, but some advice would be welcome.

• @MonzoPro I feel your pain, it took me hours to find the hidden bar...

@sinosoidal The “hidden” bar is not intuitive at all guys, I believe it should be more visible or with some clear indication that something is there, the small horizontal grey line on the sides is almost imperceptible to me.

• @Rodolfo said:
    @MonzoPro I feel your pain, it took me hours to find the hidden bar...

@sinosoidal The “hidden” bar is not intuitive at all guys, I believe it should be more visible or with some clear indication that something is there, the small horizontal grey line on the sides is almost imperceptible to me.

You can tap in the bar it self to toggle open/close. The side lines are just for fine dragging.

• @Rodolfo said:

I don't know how long it was before I felt something was missing.. did I just stumble across it? Probably not because it is barely perceptible.. kinda crazy.. once you know it's there, everything is cool.. until then.. it's wtf? How many others were in the same boat?

• edited August 2019

@sinosoidal said:

@Rodolfo said:

You can tap in the bar it self to toggle open/close. The side lines are just for fine dragging.

Yes thank you, I found that too, but as you can see it’s not very intuitive (at least for three users in this thread 😃) since there’s no visual indication that you can tap there.
    Similar issue with the “shift” function (bottom right arrow), it works as the shift key in a hardware keyboard, you need to keep it pressed and then tap on other function, but that’s something very unusual in touch interfaces, it would be more logical for it to work as a toggle button with no need to hold it. Just my opinion, of course,

• edited August 2019

@Rodolfo said:

Thanks Rodolfo, I didn’t see that either. I did try pulling and clicking there earlier but just managed to bring up the dock instead so thought there was nothing there.

Update: just found this works in other sections as well.

• Yes finding that bar which wasn’t obvious was a lightbulb moment !

• edited August 2019

Here is how to record midi:

Choose midi mode

Double tap to create a clip

Tap on midi icon and choose midi input and output

Tap M icon and arm track recording

Toggle clip or scene playing and enable global record AND overdub icons

Notes are now recorded

• @Janosax said:
    Here is how to record midi:

Choose midi mode

Double tap to create a clip

Tap on midi icon and choose midi input and output

Tap M icon and arm track recording

Toggle clip or scene playing and enable global record AND overdub icons

Notes are now recorded

Cheers @Janosax for all the pictures I managed to sort it earlier actually. Also finally managed to get the chorder etc working in Ableton Live adding in Midi Looper.

• @Janosax The tutorial pics were helpful. I was missing pressing M and overdub. 😟

• edited January 2020

Any chance on sending CCs or midi triggers to the clips? I don’t see any info of permanent CCs on them in the manual :-/

Would be CRAZY with the new Launchpads, especially the LP Pro MK3. A template or integration would be a gamechanger for sure!!!

BTW: I miss midilearn a lot in LK, also an AUv3 would be a dream. What’s really annoying, is the way how we set the length of a pattern.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Still can get Ubridge to work on my Surface Pro so the other modules and Ableton integration think our stick with Touchable Pro.

Did you ever have luck with this? I’m having the exact same issue.

• so can you map out midi cc’s on this? i see where you can map velocity. but i’d love to be able to map out a filter curve or something.

• @Jay Zen said:
    Any chance on sending CCs or midi triggers to the clips? I don’t see any info of permanent CCs on them in the manual :-/

Would be CRAZY with the new Launchpads, especially the LP Pro MK3. A template or integration would be a gamechanger for sure!!!

BTW: I miss midilearn a lot in LK, also an AUv3 would be a dream. What’s really annoying, is the way how we set the length of a pattern.

i hope cc out is coming soon.

• can you record midi in from another source?

• ok so i figured out how to record midi from the velocity keyboard, and the pads, but how do i record the slider cc’s ?

• @eross said:
    ok so i figured out how to record midi from the velocity keyboard, and the pads, but how do i record the slider cc’s ?

You can’t record cc’s right now.....

• @zeropoint said:

@eross said:
    ok so i figured out how to record midi from the velocity keyboard, and the pads, but how do i record the slider cc’s ?

You can’t record cc’s right now.....

ohhh but soon?