Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• @Ass_Flaps_9000 said:

@SanMateo said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@SanMateo said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@SanMateo said:

@icsleepers said:
    It's been a few days so here's an obligatory Drambo thread post.

If I'm considering something like an OPZ or Digitakt, but would prefer something I can run on hardware I already have (ie iPhone or iPad) would it be wise to hold out for Drambo? Ya know, for those in the know ;)

Or are they different enough that it's a moot point?

This thread convinced me to buy a Digitakt last July, which in turn conviced me to buy a Digitone, Octatrack, Analog 4. (What the hell have I done?!?)

Anyway, I love my Elektron gear, but i’m still incredibly excited about this app for a similar functionality on the move.

YMMV

😂 i had my eyes on that bloody octatrack for years But never bought it.

I think it’s great, but from a fun factor I think the Digi series has it going on.

Also looks nice! Too many thing to buy!

The thing with Elektron gear is that it’s wicked addictive... something about it makes you want to collect them all.

More than one becomes a collektion

Well done 👏🏼

• @Ass_Flaps_9000 said:

@SanMateo said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@SanMateo said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@SanMateo said:

@icsleepers said:

If I'm considering something like an OPZ or Digitakt, but would prefer something I can run on hardware I already have (ie iPhone or iPad) would it be wise to hold out for Drambo? Ya know, for those in the know ;)

This thread convinced me to buy a Digitakt last July, which in turn conviced me to buy a Digitone, Octatrack, Analog 4. (What the hell have I done?!?)

Anyway, I love my Elektron gear, but i’m still incredibly excited about this app for a similar functionality on the move.

YMMV

I think it’s great, but from a fun factor I think the Digi series has it going on.

The thing with Elektron gear is that it’s wicked addictive... something about it makes you want to collect them all.

More than one becomes a collektion

🥁 boom boom 😂

• @SanMateo said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@SanMateo said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@SanMateo said:

@icsleepers said:

YMMV

Seems like Pokemon :)

• I crave the Elektrons
    But dang... double the price here in Brazil compared to what most of you pay :lol:

• Sampler scratch mode (sampler is stopped, the playhead is modulated by offset param) + Didgeridoo sample

• :heart: :hushed: Hope soon!

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Sampler scratch mode (sampler is stopped, the playhead is modulated by offset param) + Didgeridoo sample

now you have my attention... what’s this app called again?
    (😇)

• Man, we need this

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Sampler scratch mode (sampler is stopped, the playhead is modulated by offset param) + Didgeridoo sample

This has probably been asked before but does Drambo have sample locking and if so how many samples can you have in a folder? Also is Drambo a 16 step sequencer or is this editable? many thanks

• edited August 2019

@[Deleted User] said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

This has probably been asked before but does Drambo have sample locking and if so how many samples can you have in a folder? Also is Drambo a 16 step sequencer or is this editable? many thanks

There is no sample locking, because there is no project sample pool (i think its hardware limitation of Elektron boxes), but you can achieve the same using e.g. Kit sampler, that loads a folder of samples (up to 24) and automatically assigns them to piano keys. Then you just play different notes. I think its easier than p-locking samples. (Kind of Op-Z like workflow)

Pattern length is configurable up to 128 steps.

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

There is no sample locking, because there is no project sample pool (i think its hardware limitation of Elektron boxes), but you can achieve the same using e.g. Kit sampler, that loads a folder of samples (up to 24) and automatically assigns them to piano keys. Then just play different notes. I think its easier than p-locking samples. (Kind of Op-Z like workflow)

thanks for the intel

• @giku_beepstreet said:

There is no sample locking, because there is no project sample pool (i think its hardware limitation of Elektron boxes), but you can achieve the same using e.g. Kit sampler, that loads a folder of samples (up to 24) and automatically assigns them to piano keys. Then you just play different notes. I think its easier than p-locking samples. (Kind of Op-Z like workflow)

That's an interesting approach. Hope it will still be possible to route the keyboard/pitch to 'play' the selected sample inside the kit sampler as a chromatic instrument? (Or maybe I'm overthinking since the pitch per step can already be controlled anyway).

I do feel that Drambo will give both Volca Sample and Volca Drum some healthy 'competition' (at least on my desk).

• Looking good. Still no idea on release date, @giku_beepstreet?

• @giku_beepstreet

This is really looking amazing. It’s been fun to watch it transform over the last year.

One question, which might have already been mention on page 32 of this mega thread, what kind of export options will Drambo have when it’s all said and done?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• edited August 2019

As promised, here is a quick video of Drambo (alpha) used for Impaktor-style drumming using Keith McMillen's Bop Pad.

It is a bit pointless to have that window with IPad's screen grab but since I had it I've included it. Unfortunately I didn't capture sampler's page, which might have been more informative.

• edited August 2019

@supadom said:
    As promised, here is a quick video of Drambo (alpha) used for Impaktor-style drumming using Keith McMillen's Bop Pad.

It is a bit pointless to have that window with IPad's screen grab but since I had it I've included it. Unfortunately I didn't capture sampler's page, which might have been more informative.

Argh, my BopPad and I are sitting here in anguish that we can't join the fun! Looks and sounds promising.

Can you constrain the pitch in a quadrant to a scale?

• @supadom that's dope, skills!

• Yeah that is pretty awesome. Skills & great sound sculpting.

• @supadom said:

Is that using samples or oscillators? I’m hoping that was using physical modeling like Impaktor. My huge hope is that Drambo can be configured to be a MIDI mappable Impaktor .

• edited August 2019
  • @Max23 said:

@hypnopad said:

@supadom said:

Is that using samples or oscillators? I’m hoping that was using physical modeling like Impaktor. My huge hope is that Drambo can be configured to be a MIDI mappable Impaktor .

He is using samples here but there is so much processing on it that it doesn’t matter anymore what the source was ...
    So you could do similar stuff from scratch
    ;)

Cheers @Max23. Actually only the SE quadrant is triggering sample slices with bop's radius controlling the decimator effect. The other 3 quadrants are built based on oscillators running through resonant filters so indeed it already is doing what Impaktor used to.

On the NE quadrant radius CC is assigned to modulate a comb filter at low freq that results in the delay effect. There is a delay effect already there in the app but still cannot be modulated/control via midi so I had to improvise ;)

Then of course the NW quadrant has LP filter LFO amount assigned to bop pad's pressure which can be heard on the very last strike.

@lukesleepwalker it occurred to me yesterday that what we were trying to achieve using streambyter scripts I. e. playing chromatically accross bop's radius can be easily achieved by recording a sample with hits of different notes, manually setting trigger points on the sample and set sampler's off set to change with velocity. Easy.

That would mean that if you wanted you could load several synth waveforms one in each module on the same rack/track and have the liberty to process each one of them separately. I know it likely sounds a bit abstract without knowing the app but trust me, this is going to change many of us work...

In a good way. Chains off!

• edited August 2019

@supadom said:

@Max23 said:

@hypnopad said:

@supadom said:

He is using samples here but there is so much processing on it that it doesn’t matter anymore what the source was ...
    ;)

Cheers @Max23. Actually only the SE quadrant is triggering sample slices with bop's radius controlling the decimator effect. The other 3 quadrants are built based on oscillators running through resonant filters so indeed it already is doing what Impaktor used to.

On the NE quadrant radius CC is assigned to modulate a comb filter at low freq that results in the delay effect. There is a delay effect already there in the app but still cannot be modulated/control via midi so I had to improvise ;)

Then of course the NW quadrant has LP filter LFO amount assigned to bop pad's pressure which can be heard on the very last strike.

@lukesleepwalker it occurred to me yesterday that what we were trying to achieve using streambyter scripts I. e. playing chromatically accross bop's radius can be easily achieved by recording a sample with hits of different notes, manually setting trigger points on the sample and set sampler's off set to change with velocity. Easy.

That would mean that if you wanted you could load several synth waveforms one in each module on the same rack/track and have the liberty to process each one of them separately. I know it likely sounds a bit abstract without knowing the app but trust me, this is going to change many of us work...

If Drambo works well with BopPad, it may finally be time for me to get one. I was always a bit hesitant because I hadn't really seen an iOS app that seemed to work with it particularly well in terms of combining sample and oscillator sources for workflow. Was it easy to set up with Drambo?

• @supadom said:

@Max23 said:

@hypnopad said:

@supadom said:

;)

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Looks and sounds enticing! Can't wait to give it a whirl.

• edited August 2019
This discussion has been closed.