Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FM Player 2: Classic DXII + AU - OFFICIALLY OUT NOW!

EDIT:
The real version of FM Player 2 is out now –
https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id1307785646?mt=8

For those who have been here a bit, FM Player was the first music instrument app I released a couple of years ago. It's been a humbling and amazing experience. By making it open-source, several other people contributed to help it get to the point it's at today.

There were many things keeping me motivated to finish – It blew me away to see Herbie Hancock use it in Studio Sessions. It floored me to hear the Power DX7 YouTube channel say it's the "Best Sounding DX7 sounds on any platform". And, it baffles me that so many big/major label producers use it – Recently I talked to a Grammy nominated producer who helped create the #1 song on the Top 200 Billboard Charts last week. He confessed he uses stock FM Player presets. Hopefully, FM Player 2 builds on that legacy.

For me it's all about tone. If you're looking for 600k+ presets – This isn't the app.

For the process, I auditioned over 20,000 presets over the past year through an amazing DX7II unit (from a famous studio in NY. This exact unit was rumored to have once been played by Bowie, as some of you know). Then the sound sources were narrowed down to the best. Then used those as a starting place to create something new. What results is something familiar, yet, new and beautiful. It's all about sound and the feelings they evoke...

All FM Player users will get FM Player 2 for free (100k+ musicians) 🚀
As a thank you for supporting AudioKit early. So, all of you who have downloaded FM Player will get this free.

Even better, FM Player 2 has 3x the source sounds, and saves you 100mb+ of device storage over FM Player 1. (The whole app is around 300mb installed)

If you feel inspired to make some stacks/tweaks, there’s a “DXII Signature” bank that I can add any patches you make. Or, even add in the future. Hoping to release the app next Wednesday. :)

Thanks again!

Comments

• Congratulations on another fine product @analog_matt !
    You are doing great work, as i mentioned before :)

• Quick note: AUv3 support for iPadOS Beta is coming. Though, not in this build.

• @analog_matt downloading now - can’t wait to play this 🙂

• This wonderful! Thanks Matt!

• Matt - you are SO the man. Thank you for these delightfully fun gifts.

• Super Thx! Great gesture to the AB community :)

• Wow, thanks for the invitation!!!!

• @analog_matt You're Super Amazing!!!!!

• edited August 2019

I get many cracklings on my iPad Pro 11 inch (like in the days when it just came out).
    Just saying, dont know if this is the place to drop beta feedback though
    (Standalone... NOT in AU mode)

• Is that a new incarnation of the same, meaning that FMP2 replaces FMP?
    Like Xequence 2 replaced Xequence...

• Just a quick play with a patch I made.

• Sweeet! Thanks for the opportunity to test this one out!

• 2 out of 3 ain’t bad! Come one synth one :)

• Thank @analog_matt your hard work is very much appreciated.

• edited August 2019

Amazing to use FM Player as an AudioUnit, so many good sounds in there...thanks @analog_matt and team

• edited August 2019

@david_2017 said:
    I get many cracklings on my iPad Pro 11 inch (like in the days when it just came out).

Does it help if you change the buffer to 512 or 1024 and restart?

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

And, on the AUv3 front – We're working behind the scenes now to improve the AUv3 performance in D1 & FM2. Do not worry, they will just get better!

• @gmslayton said:
    Just a quick play with a patch I made.

Beautiful!

• Hi @analog_matt! Thank you for this beautiful tool. I love D1 also, but am finding it a bit difficult. Can't do more than one instance in AU and the app needs a lot of rebooting. What am I doing wrong? I love the sound!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Hi @analog_matt! Thank you for this beautiful tool. I love D1 also, but am finding it a bit difficult. Can't do more than one instance in AU and the app needs a lot of rebooting. What am I doing wrong? I love the sound!

We're reworking and optimizing the AUv3 engines of the apps now. It's a big job. But, they'll be better.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Hi @analog_matt! Thank you for this beautiful tool. I love D1 also, but am finding it a bit difficult. Can't do more than one instance in AU and the app needs a lot of rebooting. What am I doing wrong? I love the sound!

If would be helpful to mention:

• hardware being used
    • OS version
    • Host
    • Buffer size
  • Thanks @analog_matt!

@espiegel123 iPad Pro2. OS12.3.1 Cubasis2. On CB... medium hardware latency and large recording buffer.

• Hey Matt, thanks for your reply.
    A bit embarrassing... I haven’t checked the buffer and it was standardized at 128 which is a bit too demanding for the poor thing 256 really did the trick already.

@analog_matt said:

@david_2017 said:

Does it help if you change the buffer to 512 or 1024 and restart?

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

And, on the AUv3 front – We're working behind the scenes now to improve the AUv3 performance in D1 & FM2. Do not worry, they will just get better!

• Matt, is this a new app or an upgrade? I don’t want to lose my current FM Player, it’s perfect for me just like it is. My favorite synth of everything I’ve got (which is everything!)

• @NoiseHorse said:
    Matt, is this a new app or an upgrade? I don’t want to lose my current FM Player, it’s perfect for me just like it is. My favorite synth of everything I’ve got (which is everything!)

When you accept the TestFlight invitation it says it will replace the current installed version. Allows you to cancel or continue with the beta install.

• edited August 2019

@NoiseHorse said:
    Matt, is this a new app or an upgrade? I don’t want to lose my current FM Player, it’s perfect for me just like it is. My favorite synth of everything I’ve got (which is everything!)

It's an upgrade. Is there something in FM Player 2 that you don't like?

Plus, All the FM Player 1 patches are in FM Player 2 as the first patches. It should also migrate all the presets in your "User" bank.

You can try out the beta. And, if you don't like FM2, delete it and re-download the app store version (and, don't update it).

• Update. Amazing presets already coming in from Audiobus Forum sound designers

• It's an upgrade. Is there something in FM Player 2 that you don't like?

Plus, All the FM Player 1 patches are in FM Player 2 as the first patches. It should also migrate all the presets in your "User" bank.

You can try out the beta. And, if you don't like FM2, delete it and re-download the app store version (and, don't update it).

Thanks for the info Matt, I was just nervous about losing those fantastic sounds in the original. I’m looking forward to FM2 I’m gonna download The TestFlight right now. Thanks for making our music so much better!!!

• @NoiseHorse said:

It's an upgrade. Is there something in FM Player 2 that you don't like?

Thanks for the info Matt, I was just nervous about losing those fantastic sounds in the original. I’m looking forward to FM2 I’m gonna download The TestFlight right now. Thanks for making our music so much better!!!

+1

• edited August 2019

Once again, outstandingly awesome! Thanks, @analog_matt !!!

B)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.