Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

fabfilter Pro-Q 3 is Fantastic | AUv3 for iPad - haQ attaQ

Why is Fabfilter Pro-Q 3 fantastic? Why would you spend such a “serious” amount of money on equalizers, compressors and filters? Well, it’s because the Fabfilter Pro AUv3 plugin series for iPad is amazing in so many ways. Here I’m showing my favourite features of the Pro-Q 3 equalizer and why I love it so much.

haQattaQ

Comments

• edited July 2019

PS
    I found out about. New app called TB Equalizer by Tone Boosters today, I’ll be having a look at it also because it looks like it is close to Pro-Q 3 in its features.

• Pro-Q 3 does not work on the ios 13 beta FYI

• edited July 2019

Fabfilter Pro Q is my favorite EQ and one of my most important tools since they came out.That was a big part why i love Auria so much.Had no ipad for 7-8 month but new one is on the way.Thrilled that it‘s available as AU now.

• edited July 2019

@jakoB_haQ said:
    PS
    I found out about. New app called TB Equalizer by Tone Boosters today, I’ll be having a look at it also because it looks like it is close to Pro-Q 3 in its features.

Hey Jakob,

Great video

Regarding the Toneboosters EQ, many of us feel it is a serious contender against Pro-Q3. It sounds great, looks great, has all the features you need, and costs a fraction of the price of Pro-Q3 (~80% less). It's also supremely well coded, and CPU efficiency may even be a little better than the Fabfilter based on initial tests.

...and I don't even work for them!

ps. much love from London to the 'ADD boy from Sweden who can't English' :)

• edited July 2019

@[Deleted User] said:
    Pro-Q 3 does not work on the ios 13 beta FYI

There’s a whole lot more stuff and apps that don’t work with iOS 13 beta.

This is why I never test any betas. I need my gear to be functional at all times and betas, including big iOS updates in general, always break stuff. I even wait several months before even considering upgrading to new iOS versions. I can’t have my main plattform become unstable since I do work with it every day.

If I had the cash then I'd buy a device just for testing stuff like this.

• @tk32 said:

@jakoB_haQ said:
    PS

Hey Jakob,

Great video

Regarding the Toneboosters EQ, many of us feel it is a serious contender against Pro-Q3. It sounds great, looks great, has all the features you need, and costs a fraction of the price of Pro-Q3 (~80% less). It's also supremely well coded, and CPU efficiency may even be a little better than the Fabfilter based on initial tests.

And it is universal.

• edited July 2019

@tk32 said:

@jakoB_haQ said:
    PS

Hey Jakob,

Great video

Thank you! :blush:

I’ve checked over the Tone Booster EQ real quickly and it’s good. However, I would t call it a serious contender since it lacks several of the key features that makes Pro-Q 3 so special. It’s more like a you get what you pay for in my opinion.

Ok so TB Equaliser (TB EQ for short) has the same type of interface that looks as if it’s been inspired by Pro-Q 3, but there’s a clear difference in features and functionality.

TB EQ has 16 filter nodes with 8 different filter modes and up to 60dB slopes for the low pass bands and up to 30dB octave slopes for highpass, bandpass etc.

Pro-Q3 is a beast since it has 24 filter nodes with 9 different filter modes and up to 96dB octave slopes for all bands. Btw, It even has a “Brickwall” slope for both lowpass and highpass filters.

The mid side is there in both of them, very powerful features.

But then Pro-Q 3 has EQ matching and external spectrum visualisation for comparing spectrums and TB EQ lacks that.

There’s more to talk about, like differences in overall visual stuff etc.

This is why I’d say that TB EQ is a very powerful Equalizer that gives a lot of bang your bucks, however I wouldn’t call it a contender to Pro-Q 3 since that would imply that it offers close to the same type and amount of features, which it doesn’t.

Like I said, you get what you pay for, well in my honest opinion you get more than what you pay for with both of these plugs.

• Thanks @jakoB_haQ you are damn good man.

• @realdawei said:
    Thanks @jakoB_haQ you are damn good man.

Thank you very much! :blush:

• @[Deleted User] said:

Is this true for all their other apps too? Specifically interested in Pro-R.

• edited July 2019

@jakoB_haQ said:

@tk32 said:

@jakoB_haQ said:
    PS

Hey Jakob,

Great video

Thank you! :blush:

I’ve checked over the Tone Booster EQ real quickly and it’s good. However, I would t call it a serious contender since it lacks several of the key features that makes Pro-Q 3 so special. It’s more like a you get what you pay for in my opinion.

Ok so TB Equaliser (TB EQ for short) has the same type of interface that looks as if it’s been inspired by Pro-Q 3, but there’s a clear difference in features and functionality.

TB EQ has 16 filter nodes with 8 different filter modes and up to 60dB slopes for the low pass bands and up to 30dB octave slopes for highpass, bandpass etc.

Pro-Q3 is a beast since it has 24 filter nodes with 9 different filter modes and up to 96dB octave slopes for all bands. Btw, It even has a “Brickwall” slope for both lowpass and highpass filters.

But then Pro-Q 3 has EQ matching and external spectrum visualisation for comparing spectrums and TB EQ lacks that.

This is why I’d say that TB EQ is a very powerful Equalizer that gives a lot of bang your bucks, however I wouldn’t call it a contender to Pro-Q 3 since that would imply that it offers close to the same type and amount of features, which it doesn’t.

Like I said, you get what you pay for, well in my honest opinion you get more than what you pay for with both of these plugs.

In my mind TB EQ would be the default EQ recommendation I would give to anyone on iOS regardless of experience level or budget and I imagine it would suit the vast majority of iOS users (particularly because I still assume at this point the vast majority on iOS are amateur hobbiests).

I would then say '...and you might want to check out ProQ 3 and see if the differences stand out'. Personally if I had the choice between the two right off the bat I would have likely just gone with TB EQ, lived with it for a while, enjoyed what it had to offer and then many months later been wooed by the 'comparing spectrums' aspect of ProQ3.

16 filter nodes certainly won't be maxxed out for me. Maybe once side-chaining is a thing in my hosts I will but as of now I get around 6 nodes max and assume I am just ham-fistedly amateurishly overworking it.

Anyway, in a sense TB EQ feels like a ProQ3 lite version and in that regard I think it is a serious contender in terms of initial purchase decision. It is freakin cheap and barely registers as an app purchase.

• @handed said:

@[Deleted User] said:

I actually don't have the other apps from fabfilter.

• @handed said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Pro-R works fine in iPadOS beta

• @jakoB_haQ said:

Jakob - this is brilliant. I saw TB EQ drop and thought the same. I picked up Pro-Q3 and it is just incredible - I don't see myself ever needing another EQ. I was wondering what the value-proposition of a new EQ which seems built to compete with Pro-Q would have (besides the lower price point). Fantastic summary - thanks for clearing that up.

• Plus TB is universal ;)

• Hey @jakoB_haQ hows the cpu usage on that, especially when comparing the eq on multiple instances.
    May I add that is the one feature that sold it to me. I'm on a 2018 iPad

• Any plans for the iPhone version?

• I've only just realised that Pro-Q3 "mix general purpose balancing 1" preset adds a huge amount of latency to the signal in AUM, is this a bug? The other ones (and similar number 2 preset) don't add any similar latency.

• @Carnbot said:
    I've only just realised that Pro-Q3 "mix general purpose balancing 1" preset adds a huge amount of latency to the signal in AUM, is this a bug? The other ones (and similar number 2 preset) don't add any similar latency.

If I'm not mistaken the Natural Phase and LinearPhase options use oversampling and thus add latency which could explain it...

• @Samu said:

@Carnbot said:
    I've only just realised that Pro-Q3 "mix general purpose balancing 1" preset adds a huge amount of latency to the signal in AUM, is this a bug? The other ones (and similar number 2 preset) don't add any similar latency.

If I'm not mistaken the Natural Phase and LinearPhase options use oversampling and thus add latency which could explain it...

ah right it's the linear phase option which adds the most, cheers :)

• Jeeez, its like 400 plus ms latency, cool to see how AUM compensates for this, first time i noticed it on the sync quantum gui.

• Thanks for the video, and follow up comment comparing Pro-Q 3 to the ToneBooster EQ. Very informative.