Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ANILOG by Sequence Mediaworks LLC

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1466584323

ANILOG is bursting onto the scene with a totally new approach to making synthesized instruments. Designed by musicians and battle-tested in live performance, ANILOG is a mobile powerhouse!

Combine 3 oscillators and a noise envelope to produce bright 80s-style synths, deep rich bass, punchy kicks and snares, a variety of screaming leads, and even breathy percussion. It's loaded with 128 hand-crafted presets and 10 demo songs that reveal the depth and variety of sounds you can make. This is the ultimate analog workstation that fits in your pocket and pairs with your MIDI hardware.

Fully Audiobus-compatible, ANILOG is ready to plug into your recording and effects workflow. Connect a MIDI keyboard to impart expressive velocity.

• 16-voices
  • 3 oscillators, 1 noise generator
  • 128 factory preset programs, 128 extra user program storage
  • 10 demo songs, 3 beat patterns
  • velocity-sensitive envelopes and properties
  • designed for the iPhone, and scales up to an iPad
  • radical "dark" look that makes it easy to see on stage
  • on-screen keyboard that can be hidden
  • Audiobus compatible, IAA compatible
  • export/import instrument settings to JSON to share with your friends

Comments

• "totally new approach" but no AUv3

No comment...

• Am I missing something? How was this "battle-tested in live performance"?

• Does it also include a built-in tracker as can bee seen in the video on the homepage?

• edited July 2019

@Samu
    If they included a Tracker feature they would be mad not to show it in the video. For a „No Tracker included“ version i find the entry pricing a bit steep. (Just to find there is none included)

I watched the screens closely and am guessing here:

This could be a scrolling version of their preset sharing JSON file instead of a Tracker.

• Def synthwave style listening to the demos videos ! Don’t think it’s my cuppa tea. Expect Doug will do a preview will wait and see.

• edited July 2019

Tracker?

That got my attention

Website product page - underneath the embedded video - says “(Sequencer coming soon)”
    Also the main page says same

Didn’t see a tracker in the video but the synths GUI in the video has a window saying which song is playing...

• @jipumarino said:
    Am I missing something? How was this "battle-tested in live performance"?

Amy is an accomplished live looper, and has been using the beta version in her performances.

• I don’t understand this one at all.
    I guess I have to wait for other people to talk it up.

• @jipumarino said:

I think what they meant to say is that it's "battle-tested in meaningless jargon", but I could be wrong.

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@jipumarino said:

Amy is an accomplished live looper, and has been using the beta version in her performances.

Ah, got it, I think I'm missing a lot of context here, I hadn't heard of Sequence Mediaworks or Amy in the past.

• It seems a 2012 free app that I will never downloaded because is a space wasted

• edited July 2019

@johnfromberkeley said:

@jipumarino said:

@johnfromberkeley Is that Amy or should I say ANI of NanoStudio Fame ?

• “Totally new” ...stop it.

• edited July 2019

Not interested.
    But thanks for the headsup anyways @White (as always 👍🏼)

• @Jumpercollins said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@jipumarino said:

@johnfromberkeley Is that Amy or should I say ANI of NanoStudio Fame ?

One and the same

• Why? Pass

• @White said:

ANILOG is bursting onto the scene with a totally new approach to making synthesized instruments.

Are you serious? This is the blandest, most boring and conventional demo I've ever heard. It sounds like the ear poison a large corporation would subject me to when I'm on hold with customer service. There is nothing remotely innovative here. It's hardly "a totally new approach".

• I don’t know why but OSCILAB comes to my mind , which is way better ... but will wait for some videos to show the workflow

• You lost me at "80's" ... demo sounds uber-cheesy.

• The concept behind this seems productive but I feel like iOS is evolving to a different approach and it kinda looks like it's a bit late to the scene.
    I wouldn't mind demoing it to see what it's like but not at 10$

• edited August 2019

• @jipumarino said:

From dating the sounds could have been the Gulf war, the first.

• It’s like shoeing off some guitar processing app with smoke on the waters and stairway to heaven 🙈 way to go!!!!

• edited August 2019

Some fairly harsh comments here.

This may not be an app for you but you don't have to go out of your way to bash an indie developer. This is a tough audience...

• @Simon said:

This may not be an app for you but you don't have to go out of your way to bash an indie developer. This is a tough audience...

+1,000,000

• @yowza said:

@Simon said:

+1,000,000

+1

• @Simon said:

Maybe a real and honest description and not a lot of bells and whistles helps to it.....

• edited August 2019

OnfraySin wrote: " Maybe a real and honest description and not a lot of bells and whistles helps to it..... "

What was dishonest about the description, apart from the typical hyperbole you see in ads for apps?

Did the line "a totally new approach to making synthesized instruments" offend you?

If anyone wants to read about the struggles of an indie develper have a look at her Twitter feed:
    https://twitter.com/amster

And her music is here:
    https://discchord.com/search?searchQuery=Amy+Lee

Yes folks, you are dumping on a real person trying to do good work, not some faceless mega corporation.

• @OnfraySin said:

@Simon said:

Maybe a real and honest description and not a lot of bells and whistles helps to it.....

Not everyone agrees with you. Some people are really enjoying it.

I don't understand why people feel the need to be mean about something just because it doesn't appeal to them. I assume everyone understands that not liking something doesn't mean others won't.

If something doesn't interest you, maybe you can choose not to comment?

• edited August 2019

-