Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget Bugs

Hi,

@ioue I have a bug where I use a few of the Zurich plugins and get constant audio crackling really badly...

...also when building a new kit and pattern in Bilbao I get irregular timing issues...

...are you already aware of these issues?

Comments

• Not sure about Bilbao but crackling usually is from too much going on or cpu usage too high. It helps to freeze any tracks your not currently editing or creating. Hope this helps.

• Increase the latency buffer!

• @Dirtbeard said:
    Not sure about Bilbao but crackling usually is from too much going on or cpu usage too high. It helps to freeze any tracks your not currently editing or creating. Hope this helps.

Nah it still crackles the same when all tracks are frozen.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Increase the latency buffer!

I did this (from 128 to 512) and it worked!

Only running 5 x Zurich though and no FX..

This must mean that Zurich is a real CPU hog as I have had the latency buffer on 128 since forever and I’ve never had a problem up until this project...odd..

I normally work up to 15 plus tracks without issue never hitting a ceiling....

Only issues I have had is if I use a lot of Lexington or Montpellier...

• @DaveMagoo said:
    ...also when building a new kit and pattern in Bilbao I get irregular timing issues...

I’ve had timing being off a little sometimes (also way before ver. 2). It sounds like some irregular, subtle shuffle. It might occur after going to the Gadget cloud browser or others apps.
    I solve it by saving the song (just in case) and quitting/restarting Gadget.

• Hard resetting, turning off as many services as possible, even background audio, having a good battery percentage, and a lean set-up (less than 10 tracks) is the best way of getting stable performance in an app like Gadget. Audio and ROMplers eats up more RAM than a synth, and the synths you mentioned have built in effects like delays and reverbs which also eat up your CPU.

• @R_2 said:

@DaveMagoo said:

I’ve had timing being off a little sometimes (also way before ver. 2). It sounds like some irregular, subtle shuffle. It might occur after going to the Gadget cloud browser or others apps.
    I solve it by saving the song (just in case) and quitting/restarting Gadget.

Thanks this method solved the issue