Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Essential trick with iMS20/Memphis

13»

Comments

• @R_2 said:
    @espiegel123 I see. If you use Gadget and enjoy stuff like Drexciya (which i remember you wrote about) you’ll appreciate the ‘aqua-sounds’ coming out of it B) No brainer at half price.

@JohnnyGoodyear It’s my user program, saved after setting it up for processing other channels.

...but, of course....thanks.

• @espiegel123 said:

@R_2 said:
    @espiegel123 I see. If you use Gadget and enjoy stuff like Drexciya (which i remember you wrote about) you’ll appreciate the ‘aqua-sounds’ coming out of it B) No brainer at half price.

@JohnnyGoodyear It’s my user program, saved after setting it up for processing other channels.

Can you post some examples. I am very curious to hear the sorts of sounds that you are talking about. I have wondered if iMS20 could be put to use for Drexciya-like tones but have struck out so far. (Having some luck with OdysseI)

Did a quick demo (far from a Drexciya/iMS20 expert ;))
    0 - 0:27 sec is two different examples of Montpellier through Memphis.
    From 0:28 I added an 808 beat to dive under water 💦
    0:56 is only 808 through Memphis (turning up the external signal level).

• @R_2 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@R_2 said:

Can you post some examples. I am very curious to hear the sorts of sounds that you are talking about. I have wondered if iMS20 could be put to use for Drexciya-like tones but have struck out so far. (Having some luck with OdysseI)

Very cool. Tx for posting. Are you sweeping the iMS20 filter with a VCO or sequencing it?

• @espiegel123 said:

@R_2 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@R_2 said:

Very cool. Tx for posting. Are you sweeping the iMS20 filter with a VCO or sequencing it?

I sequenced it.

• @R_2 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@R_2 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@R_2 said:

I sequenced it.

Cool. This is a cool trick. I need to improve my iMS20 chops.

• There still isn’t any way to run the audio directly into the ims20 app without using gadget is there? Also this synth makes the most awesome acid lines

• edited August 2019

couldn't resist and bought it now...may i ask how i route other gadgets into memphis?

edit:scratch that.Simple tap on audio in instead of trying to pull/plug a cable...ok :)

• Found on Reddit

• R_2R_2
    edited June 2022

Resurrecting this nice thread with a few vids by Ipppei Tambaataa. Every few days he uploads an improvisation on a MS20 (for 8 years now!)
    “All sounds come from A Korg MS-20. no sequencer, no sound effect.”

His blog includes pics of the patch-panel. I’ve recreated some of them in the Memphis gadget.