Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad Pro 2017 "bright spots on the screen" issue

(repost from "iPad Musician" FB group)

Dear fellow iPad Pro 10.5/12.9 (2017) owners!

If you are dealing with the known "bright spot on the screen" issue and you are interested for a drastic solution...since device replacement won't save you (going to pick my 3rd! device tomorrow)...I am going to try for a class action against Apple.

If anyone is interested join this thread:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/bright-spot-on-ipad-pro-10-5-screen.2115037/page-19#post-26974091

P.s.: Unfortunately those white spots end up affecting touch responsiveness also! :(

Comments

• So,how many people here are using the 10,5“ pro and are affected by this issue?Is it only a small (but loud) minority?I want to get a new ipad now and try to decide between the pro and the Air 3.My vote goes for the pro but not if a lot of people suffer from this.

• I have them on my 10.5 Pro they haven’t caused any response issues as yet though.

• Eventually, Apple May sue Samsung for supplying defective screens

• edited July 2019

I take good care of my iPad but I just assumed I had done something wrong.

• @knewspeak said:
    I have them on my 10.5 Pro they haven’t caused any response issues as yet though.

Me too on my 10.5”...
    My 2017 gen 12.9” though have touch response problem without spots...

• I bought an iPad Pro 10.5 new and I’ve got a white spot one cm near the homebutton after 3 month. After complaining it in my local Apple Store they agree to exchange the iPad . Luckily I checked the first replacement and I found again a spot. The second replacement had also one spot. Finally they gave me a third replacement and this one had no issues. Now after 8 month everything is still fine.

I have a second Pro with no issues from the very beginning!

• @MobileMusic said:
    Eventually, Apple May sue Samsung for supplying defective screens

Maybe brought about by all Pro users who get Apple (kicking and screaming) to admit to and fix what is clearly a design fault with the ‘Pro’ :# model.

• Thanks guys,that sounds a little disappointing though.Still not sure which model i should buy.Maybe i buy the pro anyway and combine it with apple care.

• Is the bright spot also noticeable with coloured backgrounds or only white one?

• @Crabman said:
    Is the bright spot also noticeable with coloured backgrounds or only white one?

Slightly on coloured but more so on light colours and white.

• I know this is highly subjective but does it really annoy you? I had a pressure spot on my old Air 2 and while i found it slightly annoying it was at least something that was my own fault.But spending 600€ and then dealing with this...don`t know.but i really want to love it, it seems the perfect ipad for me right now.Any other annoyances or are you very happy with it otherwise? Looking to the Air 3 as well but there you have this 48khz issue and crackling with low buffer settings while cpu is throttled.There are currently no other ipads that feed my needs though.Current pros to expensive and i want to keep Home button and headphone out. Tough descision. Pest or cholera ;-) I have an eye on a new pro 256gb and the seller is even in my town so i could pick it up.I think i would open it right away to check it.At least apple doesnt seem to make problems when you claim this fault in between the warranty.

• edited July 2019

nevermind,bought the pro now. Couldnt wait,lol. Unfortunately not located in my town but doesnt matter.If it has a spot right away i`ll date the local genius bar asap...thanks for the input

• @Crabman said:
    nevermind,bought the pro now. Couldnt wait,lol. Unfortunately not located in my town but doesnt matter.If it has a spot right away i`ll date the local genius bar asap...thanks for the input

Hope yours will be fine.

Your question about it being annoying, yes it is, for it’s price and being a ‘Pro’ model you expect the best, but the worst thing, when other people notice it, when I’m using it, it hardly serves as good promo for Apple devices, I get this from their reactions.

• Same here 10.5 2017 pro, less than one year out of the box

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Same here 10.5 2017 pro, less than one year out of the box

So it‘s still under warranty?I would give it a try and go to an apple store.Many people got a replacement because of this.

• edited July 2019

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Same here 10.5 2017 pro, less than one year out of the box

This sort of thing is difficult to do out of the country especially since I didn’t buy at an Apple store, legitimate Apple stores are rare where I am. I’ll replace the screen if the problem worsens but #@$! those guys for screwing up again and again with bend gate and now blotch gate.

• you don‘t need to buy it at an apple store for this.If you did register it online and have an invoice with date of buy,you can contact support and make an appointment at the genius bar.Doesn‘t help if you have no local store of course.But you could contact the support anyway.

So bad,it‘s the first ipad i bought that i‘m NOT really looking forward to the arrival.Hope this changes when i hold it in my hands and everything is ok (for now)

• Mine is working ok. Spanish user.

• edited August 2019

Received mine and all is good, knock on wood...Manufactering date is october 18. I stumbled over some comments that mentioned this golden cover/plate a bit above the home button on the right side of the picture is responisble for the bright spots (puts pressure to the display from the back).Makes sense, my theory is: most user hold it in landscape and naturally with one hand on the side where the home button is.And the fingers on the back are exactly on the plate position,constantly putting little pressure to it. My solution: I´ll take care to hold it the other way,home button away.Hope that helps :)

Its ridiculopus though.Its my ipad number six and not a single one before gave me a kind of fragile feeling (remember ipad "the tank" 4? Those were the days...).Maybe i`m thinking too much though.

• @Crabman said:
    Received mine and all is good, knock on wood...Manufactering date is october 18. I stumbled over some comments that mentioned this golden cover/plate a bit above the home button on the right side of the picture is responisble for the bright spots (puts pressure to the display from the back).Makes sense, my theory is: most user hold it in landscape and naturally with one hand on the side where the home button is.And the fingers on the back are exactly on the plate position,constantly putting little pressure to it. My solution: I´ll take care to hold it the other way,home button away.Hope that helps :)

Its ridiculopus though.Its my ipad number six and not a single one before gave me a kind of fragile feeling (remember ipad "the tank" 4? Those were the days...).Maybe i`m thinking too much though.

I’ve had quite a few idevices, all going well, only the Pro has given me problems.

• @knewspeak said:
    I’ve had quite a few idevices, all going well, only the Pro has given me problems.

Crazy if you think about it...