Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Dynamic Scale + Key. Xeq > SB > SPAU > NS2

Five channels coming from Xequence.
One is a conductor, controlling scale and key through Streambyter.
Four are instruments, controlling scale degree and voiced notes through StepPolyArpUnit. Nanostudio hosts and mixes.

This video is less about this song, and more about the structure behind all compositions.
Building blocks that filter rhythm through scale, key, degree and voice are editable + swappable. The first pass of the song is minor and descends, the second pass major and ascending + I flip the axe and bass parts for fun.

Composition plays live and renders to midi notes. Bonus: a guitar synth made from Unique.

Comments

• Very happy to see such a large project running and editing smoothly -- how many tracks? (you can find this info at a glance in the "Project" tab on the "..." screen).

Thanks for putting up the video!

• The engine uses 18 tracks for 4 instruments, plus whatever drum tracks (I have one running).
    This file has 75 tracks, and 6974 clips (369 unique).

• edited July 2019

That's insane, very happy to see that everything is apparently still running smoothly! And I thought the included demo projects were large!

And a very innovative setup there.

• @SevenSystems Thank you bro-!

It's a songwriting tool, with a musical notation more geared toward composition than sight reading.
    I'm choosing all the notes, just a different way, like drawing with a protractor and ruler. This isn't AI/generative.

clean render without demo pops+scratches:

• @Zetagy if you like this kind of "analytical" approach to composition, I'm sure you'd like (and probably have tried) Polyhymnia? (in the Pianoroll editor
    -> INSERT menu)?

• Too generative-!

But definitely was one of my inspiration points...
    ---this thing just helps me "draw straight lines", musically-!

@SevenSystems Thank you again for the Xequence app,
    I'm really standing on the shoulders of giants here.

Likely you recall some of the emails I sent to you about the project,
    you are always very cordial and helpful technically