Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

bank and program numbers for Galileo II

there are numbers associated with each patch. Program number is obvious. Bank number is too (e.g. Favorites is "0"). So why can't I call up a patch in Keystage using this information? For example, patch number 2 in bank 0. Is the bank number LSB or MSB?

Comments

• edited July 2019

Bank is MSB cc#0
    Bank is LSB cc#32

128x128 banks!
    Dang that is a lot.

• Program Change messages are their own type, they are not CC messages.
    Send the bank change message first, then a program change message will select the preset from the bank you have set with the bank change message.

• @CracklePot said:
    Bank is MSB cc#0
    Bank is LSB cc#32

128x128 banks!
    Dang that is a lot.

I can see where the MSB cc# is 0, but where do I find the LSB # for each bank?

• So what I think you would do is send a value to LSB cc#32 to select your bank.
    Then you send Program Change messages to select patches in the current bank.
    If you have to change banks, send the new value to LSB cc#32.
    Then send a Program Change message to select patches in the new bank.

One thing I figured out, is the AU Galileo 2 doesn’t seem to respond to any Program Change messages. The Standalone version switches banks and presets when it receives the messages, though.
    I think the AU version only responds to messages sent to the available AU parameters, but not the default Midi CC or Program Change messages. The standalone version does respond to the default Midi messages, since it has no AU parameters.

Also, Program Change messages are their own type of Midi message. They don’t use Midi CC, just Bank select does.

Anyway, hope this helps.

• Thanks, so what I need to do is always set the LSB for 32, put the stated Bank number into MSB and the preset number into the Program field? I don’t understand this but if it works, fine. 🙂

• edited July 2019

No, I think ignore the MSB in this case. Send the bank # you want as the value, transmitting the data on Midi CC# 32.
    Then the preset number would go in the Program field, and it should get transmitted as a Program Change message.

Imagine instead of sending a single value (your bank #), you assigned an LFO to Midi CC# 32.
    The bank would constantly change with the movement of the LFO, when the LFO was running.
    But you don’t want that, so instead of assigning anything to Midi CC#32, you just send a single value containing the bank # you want to set as the current bank. You only send these single values when you want the current or active bank to change.
    Once the bank is set, you can select a preset from within that bank. To pick a preset in a different bank, send that bank # as the single value on Midi CC #32, then the preset # as a Program Change message.

The reason you should ignore the MSB CC# 0, in this case, is Galileo only has a small number of banks to choose from. Using the LSB CC# 32, you have 128 banks to choose from, which is more than enough.
    If you have a situation where you have, say, 256 banks of presets, you would use the MSB CC# 0 to switch between the first 128 banks of presets and the second 128 banks of presets.
    Each of these 256 banks can hold up to 128 individual presets.

• One other question about this app. There appears to be no way to set the global midi channel. Rather, individual midi channels are set for the upper and lower manual. Is that correct?

• wimwim
    edited July 2019

@LeesKeys said:
    One other question about this app. There appears to be no way to set the global midi channel. Rather, individual midi channels are set for the upper and lower manual. Is that correct?

That is correct. However, you can set all them all to the same channel and use the note ranges to decide which key row to send to.

For the program change channel, go to Prefs > Advanced MIDI Settings > MIDI Program Changes