Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Poll: what do you use your Ios station for? Live music or in-studio Production?

Just curious to know the current landscape of Ios users for music.
It might help understand the needs of everybody.

Your main use: Live music or in-studio Production?
  1. For what do you use your Ios the most: Live performance or in-studio Production?44 votes
    1. Live performance, let the show begin!
      27.27%
    2. Production, comfortable at home...
      72.73%

Comments

• It's actually 50\50 for me, sometimes I feel like i need to spend my energy somewhere and sometimes I just wanna chill, sitting on a coach with my music rig around me. :'(

• Mainly for home but I was focused in live in the past... just the crackles and crashes made me be more conservative and search for similar hardware for my workflow. ATM I only could use GTL in Live performance aside Djay Pro app (which I tested deeply). The rest of tools are for controlled environment aka my home.

• I am a mix of the 2 options.
    Live music, comfortable at home.
    In other words, live music for my personal enjoyment, in the comfort of my headphones.

• @ttk said:
    Just curious to know the current landscape of Ios users for music.
    It might help understand the needs of everybody.

Live production in studio practicing live performance and sync performance and gear while composing music and actual content.

Both all at once really.

• I use it for recording ideas that then end up in Ableton. Would not use for live other than just running Animoog, Murphy's Law.

Mainly I use it for making music outside in nature as I got bored of making music in my home studio.

• I use it for both but for live use I mostly use it for effects for my guitar but I’ll build beats on it too depending on if I’m with a band or not. It’s mainly for production though

• Exploring musical ideas.

I'll probably never do full-fledged production, which to me includes the mastering process. I'd be content to get my audio stems and mix set up to where its ok enough, then ship them to a friend who is a mastering expert.

• The more I look at it the more I feel like there aren't a lot of live performers out there.

Problems of latency? To affraid to rely on an iOS platform live maybe?

• @ttk said:
    The more I look at it the more I feel like there aren't a lot of live performers out there.

Problems of latency? To affraid to rely on an iOS platform live maybe?

this
    too affraid to rely on an iOS platform live and as the only instrument/Source

for starters, AB presets will never reliably open asap (always an extra manual corrective action)