Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus Audio Input not working as expected

Hi,

I am trying to feed the audio from my UFO202 into my iPhone and into Audiobus then into blackhole and then back out.

It lets me set it up but it just doesn’t change the audio and none of the meters shows any audio??

Any idea why?

Thanks,
G.

Comments

• @DaveMagoo said:
    Hi,

I am trying to feed the audio from my UFO202 into my iPhone and into Audiobus then into blackhole and then back out.

It lets me set it up but it just doesn’t change the audio and none of the meters shows any audio??

Any idea why?

Thanks,
    G.

Just to add the exact same setup works fine within AUM...

• I could post a vid if required?

• Reboot?
    are you on beta?

• Are you in the audio section in AB3 not midi?

• Any luck just going input to output, with no other apps involved?

• I have the same setup as AUM...audio interface input and audio interface output...in the audio section...using Blackhole or not the volume meters don’t register any audio...AUM ‘exact same setup’ works as expected... very odd

• Please post a screenshot with your setup

• Ok. Try this.
    Open AUM first and have it input your UFO and output to your UFO.
    This should work as expected.

Next, with AUM still open and setup with the UFO, do the same with Audiobus.
    Setup input from UFO and output to UFO.

Now, go back and close AUM. You should hear the Audiobus stuff still working. Play with the Audiobus fader to verify it is working correctly.

@Michael
    It seems like Audiobus is not activating to USB Out connection on its own. If it gets activated by AUM first, then it will work in Audiobus.

• @DaveMagoo
    So, I have the UCA 222, very similar to your UFO 202.
    It also did the same thing in Audiobus, at first.
    After finagling things with AUM and Audiobus, it is working in Audiobus now.

If the steps I outlined above don’t work for you, let me know.
    I was trying different things when I got it working, so maybe the order or actions may need a little tweak. But I think it should work. Anyway, it is working for me now, wasn’t before, so you should be able to get it working, too.

• I'll take a look at this in the next day or two.

• Will test in the morning boys...thankyou

• edited July 2019

I've just updated to 12.4 and plugged in my Komplete Audio 6 audio interface - and I'm seeing the same thing (no audio coming in at all), but I'm seeing it across the board: in Audiobus 3, AUM, Loopy, AudioShare, every app I've tried.

Unplugging and re-plugging the audio interface remedied the problem everywhere, and now it's fine. Do you see anything similar @DaveMagoo ?