Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Youtube: Music "reactions" & Copyright?

So are the record labels paying all these people, in particular urban based individuals for their "reactions" to metal/punk/rock mainly of an older genre?

I noticed a bit of them.

I actually enjoy this one dude.

But, it hit me, aren't these the exact copyright issues people say you can't do?

Are these people getting record label blessings for them?

Help me understand this situation.

Thanks

Comments

• edited July 2019

Quotation right / fair use sort of covers reactions if the ”quote” is not the whole video. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_quote

• @Stiksi said:
    Quotation right / fair use sort of covers reactions if the ”quote” is not the whole video. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_quote

Well thank you for that.

• Fair use may cover it legally, but that doesn't mean it won't get flagged and it certainly doesn't mean YouTube will defend your use against whatever record label claimed it. They side with the claimant automatically; they don't give a shit.

• What’s an urban based individual?

• A townie as apposed to a cultchie 😜

• @legsmechanical said:
    What’s an urban based individual?

An undercover suburban hipster, no doubt.

• @legsmechanical said:

A person who generally is part of the hip hop music scene or has otherwise not been exposed to “metal” music.

If you are trying at being funny ...you aren’t.

If you are trying to be some SJW inserting some outrage or fake insensitivity argument into this ....step off and exit stage left.

If you live under a rock and really don’t know...glad to assist.

Homie don’t play that in my threads.

Papa don’t preach.

Good day.

• Didn’t you say this the other day?

“Such limited conversation on actual music making any more.......so much about money and developers....profits..scholarships..blah blah blah.

I love hearing about people making music and how they do it.

I hate politics.

Most people don't understand economics.

And the rest is just dribble.

I feel like so many people have little or no understanding on how to run a business or what it entails.

Some of this ignorance leads to over support of developers.

Some ignorance leads to over upset customers.

Either way these discussions are not helpful as a whole for me and using the forum as a creative resource conversation location.”

Ironic.
    :D

• @zpxlng said:
    Fair use may cover it legally, but that doesn't mean it won't get flagged and it certainly doesn't mean YouTube will defend your use against whatever record label claimed it. They side with the claimant automatically; they don't give a shit.

And It's been like that for ages, unfortunately

• I worked in digital rights management (YouTube, Facebook/IG, SoundCloud, etc) for a major publisher. The general consensus is that reaction videos (and wedding videos, baby videos, and a few other select YouTube video types) tend to be left alone when there is clearly no way to experience the music in the video in lieu of the original (does not infringe on potential market), production value of video is decent, and if the video is actually generating attention for the original song.

Of course I’ve seen various examples where these rules are not set in stone, but that is the general attitude at least based on my experience. By the way, the ones doing the claiming tend to be the interns for the company and they often make mistakes because they are still learning.

• @CracklePot said:

@legsmechanical said:

@CracklePot said:
    Didn’t you say this the other day?

“Such limited conversation on actual music making any more.......so much about money and developers....profits..scholarships..blah blah blah.

I hate politics.

I feel like so many people have little or no understanding on how to run a business or what it entails.

Either way these discussions are not helpful as a whole for me and using the forum as a creative resource conversation location.”

Ironic.

THIS is actually what I meant the other day.

You have helped me clarity my own thoughts.

It is the endless attempt for individuals to position themselves above others.

Commenting on motives or giving opinions about the POSTER and not the TOPIC or ACTUAL POSTS. I guess you liked or were butt hurt by my comment the other day. Obviously you have some odd fascination with me and my posts. If you want , give me your email and I can send you daily motivational statements and things to help you focus. Mental acuity, you know?

I am here for you.

But I am flattered my posts resonate SO MUCH that you remember and actually cite it in another thread. You have given a lift to my editorial imperative for sure.

Meanwhile, I will go back to what the goal of threads are supposed to be. DISCUSSIONS ON TOPICS. In lei of snarky one liner piss ass comments or uniformed inferences based on nothing but the posters own lack knowledge or information. Limiting their ability to actually contribute to a meaningful dialogue on a topic.

I guess the "last word" social media mindset has permeated to a great degree than A.D.D. ever could.

Man o man.

Ironic that you literally did what I said. React in a way not pertinent to the topic of the discussion. Odd in a way.

Like you literally are hung up on a post I made or your perception of me so much you are quoting me from another thread in a topic TOTALLY UNRELATED! Since this has nothing to do with freakin' apps! LOL.

What's matter did that other post or something in this thread trigger you? I am sorry. Seriously. I wouldn't' want that at all.

Cool.

Maybe next time.

;-)

• @RUST( i )K said:

@CracklePot said:

@legsmechanical said:

@CracklePot said:

I hate politics.

Ironic.

Commenting on motives or giving opinions about the POSTER and not the TOPIC or ACTUAL POSTS. I guess you liked or were butt hurt by my comment the other day. Obviously you have some odd fascination with me and my posts. If you want , give me your email and I can send you daily motivational statements and things to help you focus. Mental acuity, you know?

I am here for you.

But I am flattered my posts resonate SO MUCH that you remember and actually cite it in another thread. You have given a lift to my editorial imperative for sure.

Meanwhile, I will go back to what the goal of threads are supposed to be. DISCUSSIONS ON TOPICS. In lei of snarky one liner piss ass comments or uniformed inferences based on nothing but the posters own lack knowledge or information. Limiting their ability to actually contribute to a meaningful dialogue on a topic.

I guess the "last word" social media mindset has permeated to a great degree than A.D.D. ever could.

Man o man.

Ironic that you literally did what I said. React in a way not pertinent to the topic of the discussion. Odd in a way.

Like you literally are hung up on a post I made or your perception of me so much you are quoting me from another thread in a topic TOTALLY UNRELATED! Since this has nothing to do with freakin' apps! LOL.

What's matter did that other post or something in this thread trigger you? I am sorry. Seriously. I wouldn't' want that at all.

Cool.

Maybe next time.

;-)

So what are you doing here, with this horseshit?
    You need help, hypocrite.
    :)

• @CracklePot said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@CracklePot said:

@legsmechanical said:

@CracklePot said:

I hate politics.

Ironic.

I am here for you.

Man o man.

Cool.

Maybe next time.

;-)

So what are you doing here, with this horseshit?
    You need help, hypocrite.
    :)

I guess the real question for me is how theses types of vids appear en masse, often reviewing the same song and none of them violate copyright rules.

Yet, a person doing a guitar demo vid, plays 3 chords and the video gets blocked because a record label claims an Everly Brothers B Side is the real origin of those chords.

I just wonder if there is collusion with record labels and these so called "natural" reaction to songs vids and how they escape copyright strikes.

Seems like horseshit to me as well.

• It is like the canned laughter in old TV shows.
    But now, no show anymore, just the canned laughter.

Stay tuned for “random dingus reacts to a different random dingus reacting to something.”

As far as YouTube and copyrights, they seem to enforce only if they feel like it.
    I discern no logic there.

• @CracklePot said:
    It is like the canned laughter in old TV shows.
    But now, no show anymore, just the canned laughter.

Stay tuned for “random dingus reacts to a different random dingus reacting to something.”

As far as YouTube and copyrights, they seem to enforce only if they feel like it.
    I discern no logic there.

New Era

DINGUS CON

• I follow Lost in vegas and did get their video demonetized for copyright. They are now doing a 2 video format. First video is the song reaction and second their comments. Only the second video makes them money.