Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The genius of Vi Hart

edited July 2019 in Other

Vi Harts youtube channel is a wonderful place for math nerds, artists, and musicians. I have followed her for years. She is a treasure.
With all the recent innovative apps from developers like @pagefall and @brambos (Mosaic), as well as the number of wonderful fx apps, it would be interesting to see some of these concepts brought to life on iOS.

Twelve tone theory with a brilliant treatment of Mary had a little lamb.

Folding space and time with a little music box running a Möbius strip

Shepard tones

Sound braids

Comments

• Nice.. going to have a look!

• edited July 2019

This is amazing, thanks for sharing ! I always perceived music like form of math with symmetries, but this girl is taking it to completely new level, true bliss !

@brambos said:
    Nice.. going to have a look!

That is funny, after i watched that video with musicbox looped in various way, my first reaction was "damn, i want Bram add thing which such abilities to Rozetta package" :-)))

• edited July 2019

nice - love all that kind of thing as you correctly surmise. Subscribed

also perfect timing - just thought of a new set of features for the thing I'm working on at the moment watching tht folding video!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • She's great!

• edited July 2019

Very cute hands!

• Good stuff! Thanks for sharing. 👍 Still trying to get my head (and/or ears) around 12-Tone theory. That video helps. As a side note... by running the video thru an app I’m developing that takes YT videos and fllters out any distracting showy-prodigy-geniusifying while not dumbing it down at all, it seemed much more enjoyable. (Until this imaginary app is released, playing the video at 75% speed helps). 😄

• edited July 2019

@haulin_notes said:
    Good stuff! Thanks for sharing. 👍 Still trying to get my head (and/or ears) around 12-Tone theory. That video helps. As a side note... by running the video thru an app I’m developing that takes YT videos and fllters out any distracting showy-prodigy-geniusifying while not dumbing it down at all, it seemed much more enjoyable. (Until this imaginary app is released, playing the video at 75% speed helps). 😄

Wow, can you provide a link for that app or you are still testing it?

• @JennyBright said:

@haulin_notes said:
    Good stuff! Thanks for sharing. 👍 Still trying to get my head (and/or ears) around 12-Tone theory. That video helps. As a side note... by running the video thru an app I’m developing that takes YT videos and fllters out any distracting showy-prodigy-geniusifying while not dumbing it down at all, it seemed much more enjoyable. (Until this imaginary app is released, playing the video at 75% speed helps). 😄

Tee hee hee... the app was a mild attempt at humor. Totally imaginary. But if there’s a demand for it, maybe someone will make it! (Of course, it would probably edit all the videos of Instagram down to about 90 minutes, especially when the patented “anti-thirst trap filter” is applied at max value. 🙃)

• @haulin_notes said:

@JennyBright said:

@haulin_notes said:

Tee hee hee... the app was a mild attempt at humor. Totally imaginary. But if there’s a demand for it, maybe someone will make it! (Of course, it would probably edit all the videos of Instagram down to about 90 minutes, especially when the patented “anti-thirst trap filter” is applied at max value. 🙃)

Hah, perhaps :) Let's just believe