Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How Do You Work Drum Loops on Cubasis?

Ok, so Cubasis has a ton of drum loops. I have never used them but would like to. I tried dragging the loop onto an audio track, but it is just the small sample. How, please, do I make them into full tracks? Thanks!

Comments

• Until Cubasis gets and option to ‘Loop Audio & Midi Events’ it’s a procedure of copy & paste to extend the loop...

• @Samu all I can say, is gee whiz, that seems impossible to get right,

• Yes it’s prehistoric... and even a “Repeat...” menu would be a vast improvement.

Doesn’t get enough people excited on the forum I guess...

• McDMcD
    edited July 2019

It's not that hard, I think. Load a loop (probably 2 or 4 bars) and select it. Use "copy" (Control-C) and with that track selected hit paste (Control-V) many times and it will add multiple copies of the loop for you'll get a 64-bar (or longer) phrase. Select all 64 bars and copy-paste again or load another loop at that point for a B section. Then copy+Paste the whole A+B section. In a few minutes you'll have a really long drum track to play against. And if you don't like it create another one and fade between them or play them at the same time in various volumes for more complex rhythm sections. You'll get something that's close to Lumbeats without as many fills but with extra effort you can paste in some fills too. I hope this helps get you moving getting comfortable with loop based composing to make projects. You can also just record 4-8 bar snippets of your bass or chordal playing to make tracks too.

If you're adventurous consider watching some loop-based app videos for Gadget, GrooveRider-16, ElectribeWave (on sale now), BeatMaker or the new hotness NanoStudio Too. After getting something you like export the wave file(s) and load them into your beloved Cubasis for quick loop-based composing.

Step-based sequencers can also be used to make drum loops.

Good luck and congratulations on releasing your curiosity to check out another approach.

Ask for video recommendations. Henny the Biz, AudioDabbler, Shazam for example.

• Control V? How does that work in Cubasis on iOS. I think you're talking about on computers. There are cut and paste icons in Cubasis, it's very easy and painless to do so I don't know why people think it's that big of a deal.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Ok, so Cubasis has a ton of drum loops. I have never used them but would like to. I tried dragging the loop onto an audio track, but it is just the small sample. How, please, do I make them into full tracks? Thanks!

I suggest using Garageband drummer and exporting the track to Cubasis. You've got a drummer in there you can tell what to do and they have an off switch!

There is some decent Bebop/jazz drum loops in the apple loops section too. :)

• @yowza said:
    Control V? How does that work in Cubasis on iOS. I think you're talking about on computers. There are cut and paste icons in Cubasis, it's very easy and painless to do so I don't know why people think it's that big of a deal.

Oops. Hold for the "select" pop-up or is it double tap. I'm not going to check... I have developed a dislike for Cubasis. I'm not willing to surmount the learning curve.

• Thanks, @BroCoast, I have been looking for a reason to download GB!

• edited July 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    Thanks, @BroCoast, I have been looking for a reason to download GB!

I used to get more mileage out of the MIDI drum loops that are in Cubasis too ;) You can modify them to get variations. Copy paste is a tad annoying, but like @McD and @yowza say, copy once, set cursor, then just keep hitting paste...

I tend to use the Lumbeat apps these days though, load on an audio track in Cubasis but with lumbeat master level turned down inside the app, and then record the MIDI output onto a MIDI track ;) If in the lumbeat app you turn off link, and do not enable MIDI Clock, for now at least, it uses IAA sync...so starts and stops with the Cubasis transport.....by doing this you can still use the song builder within the lumbeat app if that is your particular poison. Avoids the copy paste thing too ;)
    Once you've recorded your midi, you can either send back to lumbeat (set in sound module mode) or send to the cubasis kits, or like me, an external drum module.

• @AndyPlankton, thanks. Very good suggestion.

• You can also send the recorded midi out to Drum Session for even more drum kit options.

@AndyPlankton said:

@LinearLineman said:
    Thanks, @BroCoast, I have been looking for a reason to download GB!

I used to get more mileage out of the MIDI drum loops that are in Cubasis too ;) You can modify them to get variations. Copy paste is a tad annoying, but like @McD and @yowza say, copy once, set cursor, then just keep hitting paste...

I tend to use the Lumbeat apps these days though, load on an audio track in Cubasis but with lumbeat master level turned down inside the app, and then record the MIDI output onto a MIDI track ;) If in the lumbeat app you turn off link, and do not enable MIDI Clock, for now at least, it uses IAA sync...so starts and stops with the Cubasis transport.....by doing this you can still use the song builder within the lumbeat app if that is your particular poison. Avoids the copy paste thing too ;)
    Once you've recorded your midi, you can either send back to lumbeat (set in sound module mode) or send to the cubasis kits, or like me, an external drum module.