Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom piano roll is here !

Comments

• Another question, if you don’t mind, and I apologise if this has a.ready been covered: is it possible to output Atom midi to a particular channel? I’m trying to get notes from Atom into Xequence but no other channel other than channel 1 seems to work. Thanks in advance.

• @Pierre118 said:
    What happened to @blueveek ? Is he still active?

I know for sure he's currently working hard on the app.

I'm sure he'll surface again soon to answer some of the questions posted here

• @tk32 said:

@Pierre118 said:

Who knows, maybe he's working on 'other' projects too.
    I mean it would be a BIG improvement if BM3 would get an 'ATOM Like' piano roll editor :)

• @Samu said:

@tk32 said:

@Pierre118 said:

I mean it would be a BIG improvement if BM3 would get an 'ATOM Like' piano roll editor :)

Can Atom not work in BM3 (I’ve not tried because I’ve not used BM3 for ages)?

• edited July 2019

@audio_DT said:
    Another question, if you don’t mind, and I apologise if this has a.ready been covered: is it possible to output Atom midi to a particular channel? I’m trying to get notes from Atom into Xequence but no other channel other than channel 1 seems to work. Thanks in advance.

There are MIDITools about there that can explicitly do that - the channel change.
    Although it should be not to hard to setup a little MOZAIC script to route incoming channel to any other channel. I think it is not possible atm right from ATOM itself.
    If you need more info just hit me up.

Edit:
    Tried it. Worked. So, tell me. Other tools or Mozaic? What do you prefer @audio_DT ?

• @audio_DT said:

Sure as a plug-in but I was more thinking of replacing the BM3's built-in one with a decent one...

• @Samu said:

@audio_DT said:

Sure as a plug-in but I was more thinking of replacing the BM3's built-in one with a decent one...

Which could only mean that @blueveek is working for/with Intua? Not that I’m complaining - the lack of a proper piano roll in BM3 is one of the reasons I don’t use it (that and the instability, etc.).

• @MrBlaschke said:

@audio_DT said:
    Another question, if you don’t mind, and I apologise if this has a.ready been covered: is it possible to output Atom midi to a particular channel? I’m trying to get notes from Atom into Xequence but no other channel other than channel 1 seems to work. Thanks in advance.

There are MIDITools about there that can explicitly do that - the channel change.
    Although it should be not to hard to setup a little MOZAIC script to route incoming channel to any other channel. I think it is not possible atm right from ATOM itself.

Edit:
    Tried it. Worked. So, tell me. Other tools or Mozaic? What do you prefer @audio_DT ?

Ah, yes! Many thanks for this - I’d forgotten about midi tools, even though I bloody own it. D’oh! I’m really grateful for this reminder.

• @MrBlaschke said:

@audio_DT said:

Edit:

@audio_DT said:

@MrBlaschke said:

@audio_DT said:

Edit:

Ah, yes! Many thanks for this - I’d forgotten about midi tools, even though I bloody own it. D’oh! I’m really grateful for this reminder. I also own Mozaic, but I reckon the midi tools option is probably easier.

• edited July 2019

@audio_DT
    Other than that i threw a small MOZAIC script together for you... Anyway. Glad you’re happy :smiley:

• @Samu said:

@tk32 said:

@Pierre118 said:

Yeah, maybe straight to releasing a new DAW? I hope when Atom is updated it has step editing (including rest/ties) via external keyboard, the scales which can filter the incoming midi notes. Would be cool to reduce CPU usage when GUI window open, up/down selected notes by all intervals rather than just Octaves :-)

• edited July 2019

@[Deleted User]

If I remember correctly, long-pressing the octave +/- buttons result in a semitone shift either way.

(currently away from iPad)

• edited July 2019

@tk32 said:
    @[Deleted User]

If I remember correctly, long-pressing the octave +/- buttons result in a semitone shift either way.

(currently away from iPad)

So i was meaning all intervals rather than chromatic. So pressing up down is musical, m3, P5 etc..

Note: obviously m2 is also musical.

• @MrBlaschke said:

@audio_DT said:

Edit:

Oh, dear. I used midi route to limit an Atom track to channel 3 and it sent the DSP into the stratosphere and has deleted every instance of midi in the various Atom rolls I had going. I’m going to have to investigate what the hell just happened because it’s so counter-intuitive. I’ve obviously done something stupid, unless there is a bug somewhere. I suspect it’s user error, but f*** knows how!

• edited July 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @winconway said:
    I have no idea if he is working with or for Intua, but I would suggest that one gets nipped in the bud unless it is confirmed by the man himself, however, I have spoken to him recently and he is working on Atom and other stuff but is also busy with putting food on the table with his everyday job right now (He isn't avoiding this forum, he is just AFK for a few more days)
    It is worth noting here that we are tapping on the door of a new IOS release and indeed iPadOS, and as can be seen with Audiokit D1, not everything is plug and play, so this should be considered when developers have slowed down a little in recent times (This is not directly about Audioveek FYI)

Don’t think anyone has referenced him working for or with intua?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @winconway said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@winconway said:
    I have no idea if he is working with or for Intua, but I would suggest that one gets nipped in the bud unless it is confirmed by the man himself, however, I have spoken to him recently and he is working on Atom and other stuff but is also busy with putting food on the table with his everyday job right now (He isn't avoiding this forum, he is just AFK for a few more days)
    It is worth noting here that we are tapping on the door of a new IOS release and indeed iPadOS, and as can be seen with Audiokit D1, not everything is plug and play, so this should be considered when developers have slowed down a little in recent times (This is not directly about Audioveek FYI)

@audio_DT said:

@Samu said:

@audio_DT said:

Which could only mean that @blueveek is working for/with Intua? Not that I’m complaining - the lack of a proper piano roll in BM3 is one of the reasons I don’t use it (that and the instability, etc.).

My mistake, I must have misinterpreted that, apologies.

Oh ok fair enough, no need to be sarcastic.

• @winconway said:

He deserves time away, of course. I wasn’t expecting the man himself to reply - this is a forum, so I was using it as such. There are some wonderfully knowledgable and helpful people on here so I try to take advantage of that. People don’t have to reply, of course. I have massive respect for all devs, and most especially those who dedicate such time and effort when it isn’t even their main job.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @winconway said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@winconway said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@winconway said:

@audio_DT said:

@Samu said:

@audio_DT said:

My mistake, I must have misinterpreted that, apologies.

Oh ok fair enough, no need to be sarcastic.

It wasn't sarcasm, it was a very clear apology for misinterpreting a post, which i obviously did, I apologise again for making you think I was being sarcastic, I am not, and I have zero interest in engaging in any back and forth with anybody on this forum like that, so for a third time, I apologise, sincerely, have a good day.

I have no idea what you are talking about then so apologies accepted!

• @blueveek said:

@Janosax said:
    @blueveek when will come the next Atom update? Pitch bend recording HUGELY misses or iFretless bass, that’s a big issue for me.

Yeah, supporting more MIDI messages like pitch bend or sustain, being able to specify MIDI out channels, and a few other quality of life improvements are definitely needed. I think a small dot update makes sense before rolling out 2.0 with automation and other goodies.

I've been building out the automation and clip triggering support, and these other various small fixes were relatively low priority for now (it's absolutely important to fix them, of course, but most people seem to work around them). I'm going to try and dedicate some time for back porting these fixes to an incremental update.

Any news on small dot update? :smile:

• Is there a way to better differential the grid lines/colors? like a setting that lightens it up a bit?

• edited September 2019

ATOM, ATOM, where art thou.. Some say you ran away with BM3, leaving me standing at the altar. Come back ATOM...

• edited September 2019

I’m really sad to not see any Atom update nor news, I really need CC and pitch bend :'( @blueveek as it is Atom is not a finished app IMO.

• edited September 2019

Does anybody know what happened? @blueveek was while developing Atom very responsive, and promised regular updates. But since june 11 only silence.

• edited September 2019

His absence is so strange.. he was so active and responsive here..
    Hope he is in good health..

• edited September 2019

I think some of the BM3 forum guys were helping him beta test originally, maybe they know? It must be pretty scary making an app, the fear of it not working and updates can get to some people. I hope he is OK too.

• I looked on his Twitter account and he tweeted something 4 days ago. I will ask him why he doesn't post here anymore.

• edited September 2019

I was part of the small beta team for Atom, and at the time was having daily communication with Blueveek -- just like the helpful and regular responses he was posting here on the forum at the time.

I haven't heard from him in quite a while now, but last I heard he was working very hard at his day job, rewriting parts of the Atom codebase to prepare it for iPadOS (and new features), and also working on other projects.

Please don't feel abandoned - I have a strong feeling this awesome dev will resurface again just when we least expect it!