Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I wish for: snapshots in AUM

@j_liljedahl , if you’re reading this, one feature I’d love to see in AUM, since it’s a mixer, is the ability to store and record snapshots of all the settings and levels of anything on a channel or globally.

This way I could set up a standard mix setup, set everything to my default, muck around, jam, etc, and then return to a default state, or maybe set a few good sounding snapshots that I can recall.

It seems to me this would be in line with a typical use case for AUM..

I’d pay for an iap for this extra feature btw...

Comments

• My word, what a brilliant idea. +100000. This would be soooo good.

• edited July 2019

I would like to be able to store window sizes and configurations.

EDIT: Ignore this / OT Bullshit

• Isn't that what "Save" does?

• at least that's what I used the save feature for... ;)

• @SevenSystems said:
    Isn't that what "Save" does?

But then "load" kills everything and reloads everything. I think the idea here is to store/recall settings on the fly.

• edited July 2019

@MonkeyDrummer said:
    @j_liljedahl , if you’re reading this, one feature I’d love to see in AUM, since it’s a mixer, is the ability to store and record snapshots of all the settings and levels of anything on a channel or globally.

This way I could set up a standard mix setup, set everything to my default, muck around, jam, etc, and then return to a default state, or maybe set a few good sounding snapshots that I can recall.

Just posted this on the Mozaic Script post ..

• Isn't that what "Save" does?> @AudioGus said:

@SevenSystems said:

But then "load" kills everything and reloads everything. I think the idea here is to store/recall settings on the fly.

OK, I think I'm getting the idea :)

• edited July 2019

@AudioGus said:

@SevenSystems said:

Hm.. In case i am fooling around here, but isn’t the “import” function made for things like this? You can import individual “lanes” like this - does this kill everything also?

Or is the “Session Load” or “Preset Load” not intended for this?

Maybe the use-cases are too widespread here...dunno.

• edited July 2019

@MrBlaschke said:

@AudioGus said:

@SevenSystems said:

Hm.. In case i am fooling around here, but isn’t the “import” function made for things like this? You can import individual “lanes” like this - does this kill everything also?

Or is the “Session Load” or “Preset Load” not intended for this?

Maybe the use-cases are too widespread here...dunno.

I like the idea of just storing/recalling mixer settings and not having to actually mess with AU memory as that makes things potentially unstable and flakey. I think it makes total sense as a performance element. Having a slider for 'blend time' at the bottom of the screen and then a bunch of A/B/C/etc buttons so you can choose a recall state and either have it kick in immediately or do a slower transition... that's good eatin'!

PS. ignore my 'window state snapshot' OT bullshit , that should be a different thread.

• Agree on that blend stuff, @AudioGus
    But i think AUM is “too open” to get that implemented just right for nearly everyone. Would support it though, only i think it is very difficult to do.

• edited July 2019

@MrBlaschke said:
    Agree on that blend stuff, @AudioGus
    But i think AUM is “too open” to get that implemented just right for nearly everyone. Would support it though, only i think it is very difficult to do.

Just AUM mixer parameter settings? not thinking AU paramters, just anything native AUM. Not midi hookups etc.

• @AudioGus said:
    PS. ignore my 'window state snapshot' OT bullshit , that should be a different thread.

Probably for a different thread, but I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. Especially since using lots of midi apps like Atom, Mozaic, KB-1 and Rozeta, I'm constantly dragging things around and resizing, so "window snapshots" that saved the layout and sizes would be great.

• @cretakano said:

@AudioGus said:

Probably for a different thread, but I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. Especially since using lots of midi apps like Atom, Mozaic, KB-1 and Rozeta, I'm constantly dragging things around and resizing, so "window snapshots" that saved the layout and sizes would be great.

(mo' OT...and an auto arrange button that would scale all the open AUs to fit on screen at once.)

• I would also like the ability to duplicate midi au’s, too, in the same way you can do with audio and bus tracks.

• edited July 2019

AU windows drive me mental.

This sounds like a good idea. I'm still kind of blown away by how reckless I can be with AUM without losing my work. :)

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

+1 vote for snapshots in AUM. For now, since I control AUM from MidiDesigner (for a more compact view), I use MD’s snapshot features.

• Yes, snapshots has been on my TODO list for years actually :)

• @AudioGus said:

@cretakano said:

@AudioGus said:

(mo' OT...and an auto arrange button that would scale all the open AUs to fit on screen at once.)

Yes, this. Resizing windows can be a bit tiresome when re-opening sessions.

• @nondes said:

@AudioGus said:

@cretakano said:

@AudioGus said:

At least based on my yesterday test, the window sizes are remembered, at least during the session (not sure about situation when loading session later). But the window positions are not remembered, which would be super useful if you're used to have 2 (or more) AUs opened, e.g. MIDI generator and instrument, or instrument and fx and play around with both. When you then close both windows, switch to another ones and want to go back, one overlaps the other and you need to again position them as you wish...

• Yes, in session, window sizes are fine. I mean when you restart AUM and open a saved project.

• @j_liljedahl said:
    Yes, snapshots has been on my TODO list for years actually :)

So what kind of bribe will it take to make it a reality? 😉

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@j_liljedahl said:

IAP of snapshots please

And a big multi knob like sugar bytes Dictator

• @audiorangutan said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

+1 vote for snapshots in AUM. For now, since I control AUM from MidiDesigner (for a more compact view), I use MD’s snapshot features.

Will you share the midi designer template ?

• Uh, isn’t this exactly what MidiMixer does?

• @skrat said:

@nondes said:

@AudioGus said:

@cretakano said:

@AudioGus said:

At least based on my yesterday test, the window sizes are remembered, at least during the session (not sure about situation when loading session later). But the window positions are not remembered, which would be super useful if you're used to have 2 (or more) AUs opened, e.g. MIDI generator and instrument, or instrument and fx and play around with both. When you then close both windows, switch to another ones and want to go back, one overlaps the other and you need to again position them as you wish...

@auxmux said:
    Yes, in session, window sizes are fine. I mean when you restart AUM and open a saved project.

When saving a project, all AU window sizes and positions are saved, and restored when you open the project. Is this not working for you? (Note, you need to save the session to also save the window positions etc). If this is not working, I'd appreciate a video demonstrating the issue.

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@j_liljedahl said:

If you could create some kind of spacetime trick, expanding the time fabric with a few extra days, that would be perfect ;)

• My wish #1 for AUM is split-screen support.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Uh, isn’t this exactly what MidiMixer does?

It does but it’s limited to midi note commands atm. if you want to assign it to an Aum controller some lack the toggle :/

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Uh, isn’t this exactly what MidiMixer does?

It does but it’s limited to midi note commands atm. if you want to assign it to an Aum controller some lack the toggle :/

Right, gotcha.