Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

UltraTap Delay by Eventide

13»

Comments

• edited July 2019

Still haven't fallen off the fence.. BUT these demos are NOT helping matters.. :# Is it only a matter of time?

Eventide's UltraTap playlist

• edited July 2019

This cray...these plugins are on another level... bought’m all...

• @AudioGus said:

@Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

@dendy said:

@audio_DT
    Anyone tried micropitch yet? Worth a go, even if you don’t have guitars or vocals?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/esua7njhewuqzqm/p_k_dick.wav?dl=0

This was processed ONLY through MicroPitch (including those modulated delays in second half)

Dick!

It's worth it, I got all three once launched knowing it would be quality fun and usability :)
    (The UIs also adapt so nicely to the iPhone 8 screen).

SIGH... Ok, so how is Ultratap with BM3 automation? Everything hook up / work?

• @Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

@Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

@dendy said:

@audio_DT
    Anyone tried micropitch yet? Worth a go, even if you don’t have guitars or vocals?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/esua7njhewuqzqm/p_k_dick.wav?dl=0

This was processed ONLY through MicroPitch (including those modulated delays in second half)

Dick!

It's worth it, I got all three once launched knowing it would be quality fun and usability :)
    (The UIs also adapt so nicely to the iPhone 8 screen).

SIGH... Ok, so how is Ultratap with BM3 automation? Everything hook up / work?

Awesome! Thanks Samu!

• The fact this can do reverby stuff makes it seem like Valhalla UberMod...

• @espiegel123 said:
    What does this do that kosmonaut doesn't?

as audio_dt wrote, they are different.

ultratap has up to 10 seconds of delay that can be divided by up to 64 taps.

predelay up to one second.

tap spread ( tap spacing ) with negative and positive values.

taper for the taps - fade in of taps, fade out.

slurm knob - smearing of the taps; kind of a controlled feedback of the taps, but with added modulation.

chop knob - a pre-effect tremolo with different modulation shapes; tri, saw, ramp, square, sample/hold - ribbon; a means of controlling the pre-effect volume from 0 to full - swell; auto volume control, swells in volume ( like a boss slow gear ) - trigger; a gate. a knob to the right of the chop knob allows the user to control the chop knob effects in the manner you would expect.

capable of ADT, chorus, reverb, echo type sounds. capable of more because of the multitap component. if you've heard cocteau twins/Guthrie, then you've heard this sound.

fun to use kosmonaut and ultratap together!

• @frond said:

@espiegel123 said:
    What does this do that kosmonaut doesn't?

as audio_dt wrote, they are different.

ultratap has up to 10 seconds of delay that can be divided by up to 64 taps.

predelay up to one second.

tap spread ( tap spacing ) with negative and positive values.

taper for the taps - fade in of taps, fade out.

slurm knob - smearing of the taps; kind of a controlled feedback of the taps, but with added modulation.

chop knob - a pre-effect tremolo with different modulation shapes; tri, saw, ramp, square, sample/hold - ribbon; a means of controlling the pre-effect volume from 0 to full - swell; auto volume control, swells in volume ( like a boss slow gear ) - trigger; a gate. a knob to the right of the chop knob allows the user to control the chop knob effects in the manner you would expect.

capable of ADT, chorus, reverb, echo type sounds. capable of more because of the multitap component. if you've heard cocteau twins/Guthrie, then you've heard this sound.

fun to use kosmonaut and ultratap together!

Thanks for the detailed response. Very helpful.

• I know that I'll very soon end up buying Ultratap, but before I'd like to know if using all kinds of modulation options in FF Timeless 2 it is not possible to obtain quite every same result ? Someone ever tried ?

• Btw, in the Blackhole thread it has been pointed out that there are currently issues with parameter recall when loading projects with Micropitch and I have been having problems with Ultraptap. We posted on their forum. Hopefully it gets sorted soon.

• @AudioGus

There is already reply from DEV, he reproduced that issue and fix is on the way ! Cool.. Btw. he is asking you for something so you should reply him ;)

https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/plug-ins/micropitch-delay-ab-knobs-not-saved-project-nanostudio-2

• @dendy said:
    @AudioGus

There is already reply from DEV, he reproduced that issue and fix is on the way ! Cool.. Btw. he is asking you for something so you should reply him ;)

https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/plug-ins/micropitch-delay-ab-knobs-not-saved-project-nanostudio-2

Oh great, thanks for the heads up! I shall give it a look tonight (10am here).

• edited October 2019

How does Ultratap Delay stack up against AD's Dubstation 2?
    Are these in about the same ballpark, or are they so different one may consider getting both?

• @Tim6502 said:
    Are these in about the same ballpark, or are they so different one may consider getting both?

Get both

Both different

• @Tim6502 said:

Completely different. DS2 is more some kind of a traditional delay though a pretty good one. Tbh I just bought Ultratap yesterday and I think it’s a welcome addition to my arsenal because it is pretty unique. And it comes with a lot of presets...a lot!

Definitely get both.

• Are there any tips for getting delay timing similar to traditional delays (with feedback)?

Generally when I set a delay, I set the tap tempo and the change the length based on what I need, but with this plugin the tap tempo fits within the length. Is there an easy way to say set a dotted eighth delay and then change the length? I played around with setting tempo to manual and setting the length to whole but then to increase length of the delay (while keeping the same tempo delay) I need to increase both length and taps (to keep the same tempo). I really wish they had a feedback knob like traditional delay pedals I absolutely love this plugin.

• edited December 2019

@cruz777 said:
    Are there any tips for getting delay timing similar to traditional delays (with feedback)?

Generally when I set a delay, I set the tap tempo and the change the length based on what I need, but with this plugin the tap tempo fits within the length. Is there an easy way to say set a dotted eighth delay and then change the length?

The ribbon is your friend.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@cruz777 said:
    Are there any tips for getting delay timing similar to traditional delays (with feedback)?

Generally when I set a delay, I set the tap tempo and the change the length based on what I need, but with this plugin the tap tempo fits within the length. Is there an easy way to say set a dotted eighth delay and then change the length?

The ribbon is your friend.

Wow why didn't I think of that. Will try it later today. Thanks so much for the reply!

• So I tried the ribbon today. Set the lowest setting to 1/4 and 1 tap, and then the highest setting to 2.5 bars and 10 taps. It works for the 1 tap and the 10 taps but a number of the middle settings don't work which is a shame.