Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tones Drones And Arpeggios The Magic Of Minimalism

edited July 2019 in Other

I found this, thought some of you outside of the UK might enjoy it.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6hwgzw

There’s 2 episodes but I can currently only find one.

Scratch that. Here’s 2

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av20708750/

Comments

• Watched this on bbc4 a while back - superb stuff

• Ditto, really enjoyed this show.

• Koaanisqatsi...

• @LinearLineman said:
    Koaanisqatsi...

Nuff said! 😉👍🏻

• @LinearLineman said:
    Koaanisqatsi...

Here's the 'SID Remake', the title tune from the C64 Game Delta ;)

• Great share, 😃 thx!!

• Thanks for the heads up!

• edited July 2019

Baraka
    I remember walking out of the theater wordless and in a completely different state of mind.

• Yeah, Baraja was one of those things I saw first time in my acid experimentation days. Definitely left an impression.

• @audiblevideo, thanks for this! Never heard of it before. Saving it to watch with my wife. She will go ape over the monkey!

• Discovering Koyaanisqatsi and Philip Glass changed my perception of music just as much as finding Aphex Twin. Thanks for above, will check out.

• Hearing “ Glassworks” in 7th grade.......wasn’t the same after. Opened a beautiful rabbit hole that I’m still traveling.

Saw these docs years ago. LaMonte Young is a boss!

• Steve Reich, John Adams, Phillip Glass, Terry Riley, Mike Oldfield, Brian Eno are great. Check Steve Reich's Music for 18 musicians. And in a more modern sound check Stars of the Lid, Tortoise and Godspeed you black emperor, not minimalism per se but really good. The labels kranky and thrill jockey are worth exploring

• edited July 2019

The Album My Life in the Bush of Ghosts scared the s**t out of me when I was younger (and on ‘shrooms)
    I met Brian Eno once and told him. He laughed.

• @Prog1967 said:
    Steve Reich, John Adams, Phillip Glass, Terry Riley, Mike Oldfield, Brian Eno are great. Check Steve Reich's Music for 18 musicians. And in a more modern sound check Stars of the Lid, Tortoise and Godspeed you black emperor, not minimalism per se but really good. The labels kranky and thrill jockey are worth exploring

Tired sounds of stars of the lid, Godspeeds you black emperor "slow riot for new zero kanada" and tortoise "TNT" would be my recommendations to start exploring these bands.

In the labels I mentioned before you will find lots of bands that I really like. Matmos, mouse on mars, nobukazu takemura, Trans Am, charalambides, the dead texan, labradford, loscil. This kind of explorative, experimental music really calls my attention

• Just bumping so I don’t lose this.

• Any more resources on composing this kind of stuff would be greatly appreciated...

Love Loscil...

• @cian, what apps do you think would be most useful? Obviously, any Arpeggiator. I don’t have Fugue, but I gotta think it would be near the top of a list.

• Delay(s), step sequencer(s) and reverb are the key things that I know of. Along obviously with an Arpeggiator of some kind.

• Thanks for this, really enjoyed Epi one but can’t find the second.

• edited July 2019

The link for the second episode works. I just checked it. If you’re watching on an iPad, keep tapping the black tv logo in the center of the white screen.

• Aha! Thanks that does it!