Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looking for guidance on making my own music visualizers/visuals

edited July 2019 in Other

Ideally, I’d like a thing where I can simply import a track, add some sort of particles or shapes to a black background and then tweak their movements, shapes, colors in realtime with simple sliders and toggles while the track plays and then have the visual output recorded in sync with the track duration for a video/audio export. Now I’ve looked at K Machine, but from what I’ve seen it seems rather 2 dimensional and cartoony looking. I’d like the visuals to resemble something more along the lines of Mazetools Soniface. Speaking of which could that app be used in some roundabout way to generate synced visuals to a track created in another app?

There seems to be a lot of apps on the store that you can load tracks from iTunes into and they’ll give you a handful of visual themes to choose from, but I’d really like to roll my own.

I would prefer not to have to learn some kind of visual programming language. It’s not worth it to me if the process is a painstaking one. I’ve spent years collecting music apps on iOS to make my music making pain free and as simple as possible and I’d like to do the same with the visuals. Essentially crafting the visuals in much the same way as I would tweak a synth or lay out a track if you know what I mean. Are there any relatively user friendly options for this as there are many user friendly music apps? Any guidance appreciated. Thanks

By the way, if there’s a killer app on desktop that anyone knows of, that’s fine too

Comments

• It's been a while, but your ideas remind me on Takete. There's a light version you can try
    „Takete Lite“ von Refined Stochastic Technology
    https://apps.apple.com/de/app/takete-lite/id1016132048
    (dunno if the developer continues his approach, though)

• I basically want to animate stuff that looks like this

• Is that the Silk 2 – Generative Art app? Maybe it would be possible to do a screen recording while you're actually creating it? Not even sure it's possible.. If it is, then you could throw that into LumaFusion or similar video app and experiment.. there you could edit along to the music track and cut to the beats.. speed up, slow down, twist around etc... just one idea..

• @royor said:
    Is that the Silk 2 – Generative Art app? Maybe it would be possible to do a screen recording while you're actually creating it? Not even sure it's possible.. If it is, then you could throw that into LumaFusion or similar video app and experiment.. there you could edit along to the music track and cut to the beats.. speed up, slow down, twist around etc... just one idea..

It is and that’s not a terrible idea actually. Thanks!

• edited July 2019

@db909 You are welcome.. and now you've sparked some new ideas for me to try as well.. so thank you!

EDIT: If you do try the screen recording thing with Silk 2, would you let me know if it works because I actually don't have it yet - BUT that would make me purchase it instantly.

• @royor said:
    @db909 You are welcome.. and now you've sparked some new ideas for me to try as well.. so thank you!

EDIT: If you do try the screen recording thing with Silk 2, would you let me know if it works because I actually don't have it yet - BUT that would make me purchase it instantly.

I’ve done this before :D There is one issue that presents itself: before the first touch the GUI is present and it takes a moment to fade out. I’m sure there’s a way around it, I just didn’t get too deep down that rabbit hole :3

• @tehskwrl thanks for that info.. so you're telling me there's a chance.. :D

• edited July 2019

Here is a quick test of ‘Magic Fluids’ edited in Lumafusion

(Looks better fullscreen in Youtube at high quality of course)

Here is a half speed version...

• Have been very curious about it but would require being on desktop more than i want to be, sigh.

• @AudioGus Love it! Magic Fluids looks like an interesting app.. off to check it out

@db909 From this thread

@mschenkel.it said:
    Have a look on YouTube at what perplexon does with kmachine

Looked up Perplex On on youtube and found this.. all done in LumaFusion which is quite impressive and shows the creative power of the app in the right hands. :) Some inspiration for all of us LumaFusioneers.. :D
    Q: "Wow! We’re all the video effects done with only lumafusion?"
    A: "100% Everything was done while being on the train with LumaFusion only."

• Staella might be of interest?

Flux:FX visuals are fun to play with if you have some ok editing skills. I don't, but used them for this (learning imovie)

• @db909 said:

@royor said:
    Is that the Silk 2 – Generative Art app?

Oh wow this is beautiful. I had not heard of the app before.