Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TB Equalizer by ToneBoosters. (Updated with support for iPhone)

edited July 2019 in General App Discussion

https://apps.apple.com/dk/app/tb-equalizer/id1473111210

ToneBoosters Equalizer is a top-quality, professional, dynamic equalizer plug-in with an unrivalled workflow and a gorgeous, functional user interface.

The ToneBoosters Equalizer app captures the microphone (or external sound card) input and processes the signals in real time. To use it as a plug-in, use an AUv3-compatible host app such as Steinberg Cubasis, Apple Garageband, Audio Evolution Mobile Studio, Auria, or others. ToneBoosters Equalizer will appear in the list of Audio Unit extensions for effect plug-ins.

Key features:

• Mastering grade, professional equalizer and spectrum analyser
  • The same professional sound as the desktop version
  • Up to 16 filter sections with a very wide range of filter types
  • Run each section in dynamic or static mode
  • Run each section with digital purity or analog character
  • Oversampling and anti-aliasing modes to further improve sound quality
  • Use Artificial Intelligence (AI) for content-dependent equalisation suggestions
  • Audition mode to easily identify problematic frequency areas
  • Automatic make up function for every section
  • Zero latency mode for live operation
  • Lasso function to select and move multiple filters simultaneously
  • Piano display to select musical note frequencies
  • Output VU meters showing peak and RMS levels simultaneously
  • Undo/redo, and A/B comparison
  • Color themes for the user interface
  • Adjustable colours for every filter section
  • Mid, side, left, right processing for stereo input for each section
  • Legacy Inter-App Audio (IAA) support
  • Efficient, low CPU usage

What you should know:

• Inter-App Audio (IAA) can only use one instance of this app simultaneously. We recommend to use an AUv3 host to use multiple instances.
  • Inter-App Audio (IAA) will only work with a single (mono) channel without an external (stereo) input source. The AUv3 version will support up to 16 channels.
  • Licenses acquired for this platform (iOS, iPadOS) are not compatible with other platforms.

Comments

• The BIG question is, do I need this one if I've already got Pro-Q3?

• @Samu said:
    The BIG question is, do I need this one if I've already got Pro-Q3?

This is more like "power without the price" for anyone who's not willing to pay the premium price for FF. Fantastic EQ, been using its predecessor in Audio Evolution a lot.

• Piano display to select musical note frequencies - nice work.
    A great set of features :)

• edited July 2019

I'll buy this to support Toneboosters, for sure, but I also suspect it doesn't do anything noticeably different/better than my supremely well-engineered and CPU efficient Pro-Q.

Love having more options though, and who knows.. this could become my new favourite iOS EQ.

• edited July 2019

@Mayo said:
    Piano display to select musical note frequencies - nice work.

Is that not on the pro Q? Looks amazing 😀

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Mayo said:
    Piano display to select musical note frequencies - nice work.

Is that not on the pro Q? Looks amazing 😀

I think it’s available on pro q 3.

• Looking at the 'style' of the TB Equaliser AUv3 and then checking over at the Toneboosters website...
    We might see Reverb 4, Barricade 4 and Enhancer drop for iOS too :)

• @Samu said:

You’re probably alright. Or are you? ;)

I don’t have a pro q and this looks very good. Especially at this price. Awaiting some first impressions.

• edited July 2019

@supadom said:

@Samu said:

I hope so :D

For my iPhone I do feel this could be a good addition as I have my doubts about seeing universal versions of the FabFilter apps. And oopsie, TB Equalizer doesn't seem to be universal either :(

• edited July 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The ToneBooster stuff gets a lot of praise, things are getting very interesting!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Samu said:

@supadom said:

@Samu said:

I hope so :D

For my iPhone I do feel this could be a good addition as I have my doubts about seeing universal versions of the FabFilter apps.

My thoughts entirely, although looks like this is iPad only too...

We do have the 4pockets one which seems good - not sure how it stacks up against pro q and this one though

• edited July 2019

@Max23 said:

@Samu said:
    Looking at the 'style' of the TB Equaliser AUv3 and then checking over at the Toneboosters website...
    We might see Reverb 4, Barricade 4 and Enhancer drop for iOS too :)

time machine & ReelBus would be a nice addition to the iOS toolbox :)

I used to use Reelbus a lot. Liked it on guitar for wow & flutter.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    The ToneBooster stuff gets a lot of praise, things are getting very interesting!

Yes very interesting if they'll port more to iOS. Really some of the top stuff on desktop.

• I like toneboosters a lot but they really missed an opportunity by not having this universal. I’d buy this in an instant if it were universal but I just don’t need this when I already have Q3

• Best EQ (also developer) on desktop, been waiting and ignoring Fabfilter for this to arrive.

• If it were universal, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. However, like many others, I have Pro-Q3 as my iPad-only EQ. For those without Pro-Q3, this is definitely a fantastic alternative!

• Hmmm, I only have fabfilter as Auria iap’s, this looks like a nice Eq to hold me over till I get the Fabfiler au bundle at some point. Glad to see ToneBoosters get on board with IOS, I hope they drop the fostex tape emulator at some point.

• All these bigname PC guys moving into our neighborhood. It’s sad, but all I’m hoping for is G-Snap! :neutral:

• Top class! Killer

• Curious about AI content suggestions.... anyone can splain that?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Curious about AI content suggestions.... anyone can splain that?

It's not as cool as it sounds. Just preset curves.

• @BroCoast, haha, they got me... thought it somehow analyzed the audio.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @BroCoast, haha, they got me... thought it somehow analyzed the audio.

Me too!

• @LinearLineman said:
    @BroCoast, haha, they got me... thought it somehow analyzed the audio.

It does but produces almost exactly the same guide curves to follow, even with radically different source material lol.

• I can't see how could it be material dependent... for the same reason I don't see the point of presets in eqs, comps...
    But - other than some drive/noise (color) - the gain adaptable curve is what makes an eq unique, so it can be useful I guess.
    Will probably pick this up sometime.

• edited July 2019

@recccp said:
    I don't see the point of presets in eqs, comps...

I guess it depends on what the plug is. Not ashamed to say I learned some of the Neve/Pultec "trick" settings from plugins.

• Does anyone know if this is equivalent to the TB Equalizer 4 desktop plugin? I can’t find a manual for Equaliser iPad, only Equaliser 4. Clicking the in-app logo opens up a master manual PDF that covers all plugins but no specific iPad reference I can see.

• I’m going to say it....I don’t think Fab Filter Pro Q3 has any significant advantage over this. Brand name and pretty visuals. Unless you really feel like you need 24 bands instead of 16? Or spectrum grab? The difference for the price though?

There is definitely no advantage in regards to sound.