Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Korg Synths are on sale 50% off

13»

Comments

• @R_2 said:

@rs2000 said:

@Samu said:
    If I recall correctly it's more 'limited' than doing the editing in the full iWavestation app?
    But I'll re-check...

Amp envelopes can be tweaked but not pitch & filter mod envelopes and no way to change to 'structure' to single layer and tweak the ring-mod & hard sync options etc. etc.

Yep, and the timing/level/pitch wavesequence pattern apparently cannot be changed either.
    Since the presets saved in iWavestation are available in its Gadget counterpart as well, that's no problem for me.

Timing (and XFade) can’t but level and pitch (semi tones) of waveseq can be changed in Milpitas/Gadget.

Sure.
    My point is that when preset sharing between the standalone app and its Gadget counterpart is transparent, it's no problem to use the standalone app for the more detailed edits, although I still don't understand why KORG skipped those few edit pages, as well as the beloved arp in Odyssei.

• Is the DS10 any good? I played with it on a DS before but don’t remember it much

• @tk32 said:
    I refuse to buy another Korg synth until they join the 21st century and switch to AUv3

They had their fun as proprietary 'gadgets' - now it's time to join the pros and go universal AUv3

Surely they realise this will lead to many more sales long term?

The good news is they'll likely be forced to make everything AUv3, since Apple has deprecated inter-app audio and will soon completely remove it.

• tjatja
    edited July 2019

Moved my reply to the Korg AU topic, where it may be more appropriate

• @u0421793 said:

@Carnbot said:
    Do people still use KEW? Or did the novelty wear off?
    Tempted to pick that up despite annoying Korg connectivity policies :)

I started to last year but I found it far too quiet to hear what I was doing, then far too quiet when I exported the results into gadget. In other words, it’s far too quiet to hear.

Yeah I did think it sounded quite thin in some of the demos...although there are some nice examples of stuff made with it out there...

@rs2000 said:

@Carnbot said:

I must say that after learning how to use Groove Rider with its better wavetable synth, pitched sample playback and sample slicer, i have lost interest in KEW.

I do lose interest in these types of apps quite quickly, but they are immediately gratifying. I like Grooverider too, but would use it much more if it was AU so I could save it with other setups more easily. i'm not that into the GR gui.

@reasOne said:

Thanks might look you up on insta. :)

Nice track :) Yeah looks like quite an appealing workflow for some jamming.

• Just a reminder for everyone regarding the standalone versions of the apps having better editing than the Gadget counterparts....
    If you use Taipei you can use the standalone version of the synth, make your preset, save it...then open it inside the Gadget when done.
    Caveat: I think there is at least one of the synths that the presets cannot be shared between the IAA and the Gadget, I think it was @Samu that mentioned this, cannot remember which synth..iOdyssei perhaps?

• @u0421793 said:

@Carnbot said:

I started to last year but I found it far too quiet to hear what I was doing, then far too quiet when I exported the results into gadget. In other words, it’s far too quiet to hear.

PARDON!

• @AndyPlankton said:
    I think it was @Samu that mentioned this, cannot remember which synth..iOdyssei perhaps?

Yepp, Odyssei presets are 'locked' in the main app.
    And while it is possible to export iMono/Poly patches from the main app it's patch-by-patch which is booooriiiiiiiing.

I downloaded 512 presets for iMono/Poly (the presets from the desktop Mono/Poly) some time ago and would love to 'batch dump' them into Gadget....

• @Samu said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    I think it was @Samu that mentioned this, cannot remember which synth..iOdyssei perhaps?

And while it is possible to export iMono/Poly patches from the main app it's patch-by-patch which is booooriiiiiiiing.

I downloaded 512 presets for iMono/Poly (the presets from the desktop Mono/Poly) some time ago and would love to 'batch dump' them into Gadget....

Yeah it would be nice if the standalones and gadgets used a central preset store so they automatically stay in sync.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Samu said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Yeah it would be nice if the standalones and gadgets used a central preset store so they automatically stay in sync.

In M1 and Wavestation these exist as “cards” or “floppy discs.”

• I know that AUV3 is all the rage right now but I’ve heard great things of AUV4.

Just saying.

• edited July 2019

@supadom said:
    I know that AUV3 is all the rage right now but I’ve heard great things of AUV4.

Just saying.

Should we stop being version specific ? go back to calling them AU's ? AUv4 is ok, but AUv8 is gonna fly :D

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Samu said:

@AndyPlankton said:

In M1 and Wavestation these exist as “cards” or “floppy discs.”

Indeed, it would be nice if all of the synths had this same mechanism, even if for nothing else but to keep floppy discs alive even if just in virtual form :)

• @tk32 said:
    I refuse to buy another Korg synth until they join the 21st century and switch to AUv3

They had their fun as proprietary 'gadgets' - now it's time to join the pros and go universal AUv3

Surely they realise this will lead to many more sales long term?

This. When they become AUv3 I’ll gladly buy or rebuy them at full price.

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    Is the DS10 any good? I played with it on a DS before but don’t remember it much

I think it has pretty much had its day- it has for me anyway- I don’t think its even as good as the actual DS sound. It does have an interesting Vocoder type thing on it. I would say spend your money elsewhere.

• edited July 2019

I am having such a great time with electribe wave. It is slowly replacing my novation circuit.
    I am not used to create patches etc, mostly browse and tweak. However in wave, it is so much fun to turns knobs and hear something new and fresh.
    Already uninstalled ispark 😊

• edited July 2019

iwavestation or nave? i know this has been a discussion before...

• edited July 2019

@kingvidorfan said:

Nave is a wavetable synth that supports import of samples and creation of wavetables from them.
    iWavestation is based on preset samples and short looped waveforms, but it lacks the "morphing" of typical wavetable synths. You can get close by sequencing and crossfading different waves though. They are very different and hardly comparable.

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    Is the DS10 any good? I played with it on a DS before but don’t remember it much

Was gonna chime in about this. And then you asked. Different to robo, I dig it a lot. But really depends if you dig that kind of sound... So let's cut the words and drop the sounds... :lol:

(although in this, Jakob misses the fact that if you hold the knobs, it opens the automation editor)

• cheers @rs2000

Nave is a wavetable synth that supports import of samples and creation of wavetables from them.
    iWavestation is based on preset samples and short looped waveforms, but it lacks the "morphing" of typical wavetable synths. You can get close by sequencing and crossfading different waves though. They are very different and hardly comparable.

• @jaijai said:
    I am having such a great time with electribe wave. It is slowly replacing my novation circuit.
    I am not used to create patches etc, mostly browse and tweak. However in wave, it is so much fun to turns knobs and hear something new and fresh.
    Already uninstalled ispark 😊

Ya man I like KEW a lot, is fun and pretty easy to get good sounds , I'll admit I normally record the audio into a Looper or AUM tho as opposed to using its sequencer, but the sequencer is actually really nice and automating things is a breeze...i Need to try To keep it in the box more often...
    I do use it a lot as a drum machine / sequencer tho.. It handles thr kinda drum sounds I want very well, down tempo ambient stuff and sample import is simple

• I've had so many goes with KEW, and I can never get the workflow right, but I'm going to try again, because those who DO love KEW really really love it. And I like the music that comes out of it. (My problem is with all the menu diving and "saving as" and clearing the midi data of previous banks. A real impediment for me, but I realize it's surely just me.)

Finally, KEW updated to allow sample import, which seems pretty cool. How is that working?

• Anyone knows if korg iap gadgets are or will be on sale?